News Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX RTX 4060 Low Profile

Gigabyte is creating an RTX 4060 low-profile card: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/g...-be-the-first-low-profile-ada-lovelace-design

3 fans, single 8-pin, 2 slots.

Pie in the sky, but would love to see an RTX 4060ti (or more crazy RTX 4070) model at some point.

___

16/01/2023 Addendum

ASUS now has a 4060 Low Profile card.
188mm, triple fan.

___

19/04/2024 Addendum

Galax has a card
182mm, triple fan, but the PCIE cable is at the front which will affect clearance without a custom solution.
Will advise to look for something slightly bigger

Cases these will fit into (double check before you buy, not everything is available):

Lenovo P3/P360 ULTRA - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)/Adapter Needed
ZS A4DC V3 - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)
ZS D2 (D Config) - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Gemcase C9 - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Lone Industries L5 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod SL3 STL 4.8L Rev.1 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto - 185mm** (Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto+ - 185mm** Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
ZS D2 V2 - 186mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod Case MINI LP edit. - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
J-Hack Pure MK2 - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Lazer3D HT5 - 194mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Lazer3D Cravo - 195mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
CAPTAIN CASE V9 - 208mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
REVOCCASES N0RDR1 Nano EVO - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish 2 Plus - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
LZmod A24-V5 V2.0 - 220mm- Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML03 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML04 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish G5 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Bug C1 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
SKTC A10 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Silverstone Milo ML11 - 272mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX

Last edited:

sp0iltbr4t

Cable Smoosher
Jul 22, 2018
while waiting for delivery of the Lzmod A24_v5, i was about to hit the cart and get a GB LP 4060. Somehow ASUS silently slip in their version of LP 4060 too. Which is a good thing i guess but hopefully we get some decent reviews before i hit the cart again.

I've ordered the HDPlex 500w GaN PSU too but ASUS rated the recommended PSU at 550W. hopefully its sufficient and more then enough space for the cables.

anyone able to recommend a place i can get short cables for the PSU?

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
while waiting for delivery of the Lzmod A24_v5, i was about to hit the cart and get a GB LP 4060. Somehow ASUS silently slip in their version of LP 4060 too. Which is a good thing i guess but hopefully we get some decent reviews before i hit the cart again.

I've ordered the HDPlex 500w GaN PSU too but ASUS rated the recommended PSU at 550W. hopefully its sufficient and more then enough space for the cables.

anyone able to recommend a place i can get short cables for the PSU?
I'm running 5600/4060/32GB on 250W GaN so the 500W will be MORE than enough :)

sp0iltbr4t

Cable Smoosher
Jul 22, 2018
5600G/4060/16GB, also on the 250 GaN. Perfect.
actually i ordered the 250w GaN too .. do you think that its able to handle the minisforum BD770i (Ryzen 7-7745HX - TDP=55w) with 4060 and 32gb.

The 5600G has a TDP of 65w therefore if the 250w GaN is able to handle that with 4060LP (115w) .. then i think 7745HX should be fine.

cos i think i may have miscalculated the length of the 500w GaN which may not be able to fit into the Lzmod A25-v5 with a 4060 LP as it is 200mm long while a 250w GaN is 170mm long.

im looking at either the gigabyte or new launch asus 4060 lp.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
they're not that audible but there are other advantages to 0 fan mode, e.g.:
  • less wear on the fan (bearings)
  • less dust build-up
overall 0 fan mode a nice-to-have feature and it would cost the manufactures 0 money to implement :p
Which is better when pc is on idle, or just playing games like FTL, whatever can run on integrated graphics? 0 RPM mode on the gpu with obviously higher temps on the chip within for longer period, or having it around a nice 36'C on idle with a low RPM?

The heatsink seems different though. On this render, you can see the heatpipe bend on the IO side of the card, which is opposite to the Gigabyte. It's also nickel plated, which the Gigabyte isn't.
So the heatpipes are nickel plated on Asus, and not on Gigabyte's model. How much that matters? As a layman to these things, it does sound significant.

prideauxdc

Chassis Packer
Sep 22, 2023
Not entirely true. If you received the alternate backplate to accommodate a full height PCI bracket and G-UNique power-in, you can fit that backplate behind the front fascia to give you the extra 3mm you need.

Worked perfectly for me.
Interesting I didn’t know there was an alternate panel. Do you know where I could get one? Really would prefer to use my LP 4060 stock.

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
actually i ordered the 250w GaN too .. do you think that its able to handle the minisforum BD770i (Ryzen 7-7745HX - TDP=55w) with 4060 and 32gb.

The 5600G has a TDP of 65w therefore if the 250w GaN is able to handle that with 4060LP (115w) .. then i think 7745HX should be fine.

cos i think i may have miscalculated the length of the 500w GaN which may not be able to fit into the Lzmod A25-v5 with a 4060 LP as it is 200mm long while a 250w GaN is 170mm long.

im looking at either the gigabyte or new launch asus 4060 lp.
Bear in mind you can undervolt the 4060 LP - mine draws ~90w flat out and the 5600G only draws around 40W under a typical gaming load.

Reactions: sp0iltbr4t

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
Do you know where I could get one? Really would prefer to use my LP 4060 stock.
Sorry, no. I bought mine used and it came with the extra backplate.

There's nothing to stop you printing (or getting someone else to print) a 3mm spacer to sit behind the front fascia. Given how little of it would be on display, it'd be barely noticeable.

Reactions: prideauxdc

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2019
Which is better when pc is on idle, or just playing games like FTL, whatever can run on integrated graphics? 0 RPM mode on the gpu with obviously higher temps on the chip within for longer period, or having it around a nice 36'C on idle with a low RPM?

My experience with zerofan has been mostly annoying on and off for the fans. So when we are talking about wear of the card it’s not just a higher average temperature for longer but constant heating up and cooling down! Same with the longevity of the fans… where one could argue the constant spin up and down is worse than a constant speed.

Where we don’t need to argue is the inclusion of such a feature. But you should also be able to disable it… I had to return my RX 6400 LP because of this :/

(Low enough minimum RPM is more important to me.)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Where we don’t need to argue is the inclusion of such a feature. But you should also be able to disable it…

like I said - 0 fan mode is a nice-to-have feature (at least for some of us) and if well implemented, users should be able to set fully custom fan curves via Afterburner or FanControl - anyways, Asus and GB have decided against it...

So the heatpipes are nickel plated on Asus, and not on Gigabyte's model. How much that matters? As a layman to these things, it does sound significant.

it just looks more premium - it's not significant for the function / performance of the card

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

b_force

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2019
Higher temps is not an issue for any electronics part.
There is not such a thing as wear on electronics, except for certain types of capacitors.
Or unless you use specific components on very high critical temperatures.

Having some overhead is mostly nice.
So it doesn't get so toasty in the summer.

That being said, I also don't think wear on fan bearings is such an issue on the normal lifespan of a modern PC.

But I agree with @REVOCCASES that it's just a nice thing to have.
No reason to artificially disable it for users who do prefer it.

Last edited:
Reactions: REVOCCASES

b_force

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2019
Where we don’t need to argue is the inclusion of such a feature. But you should also be able to disable it… I had to return my RX 6400 LP because of this :/
It depends on which model Rx 6400 we're talking about.
But it's rather the high pitched whining noise at higher RPM that I find absolutely horrible.

Some of them also get extremely hot.
Even in such a way that there is no headroom left and showing visual artifacts when being used on a hot summer day.
I had this issue with two different cards.

Poor thermal mechanical design, which is unfortunate because the rx6400 are great little buggers.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

RichterSnipes

Trash Compacter
Aug 17, 2019
Scratch that, I've managed to successfully crossflash the quiet VBIOS and overclocked VBIOS from another Gigabyte card.

It's hard to tell how well it works as the RTX4060 power measurement is fairly bogus at best, but with the +13% set in Afterburner HWInfo shows 130W usage at full tilt compared to 115W with the stock LP VBIOS.

But - GREAT NEWS --> FAN STOP / Zero RPM Fan mode WORKS !!

I've also managed a slightly higher TimeSpy Graphics score at 11,705 when paired with the same hardware as before.
That's awesome! Do you recall what the temperature difference for the OCed BIOS was for you compared to the stock BIOS, by any chance? I wanna know what kind of thermal headroom there'd be for deshrouded solutions.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
That's awesome! Do you recall what the temperature difference for the OCed BIOS was for you compared to the stock BIOS, by any chance? I wanna know what kind of thermal headroom there'd be for deshrouded solutions.
Uhhhhhh that's a good question, I honestly don't even look at temperatures that much! If I get a chance I'll try each BIOS again.

Did you have a particular scenario/application you were looking at using? Otherwise I tend to default to 3DMark TimeSpy.

RichterSnipes

Trash Compacter
Aug 17, 2019
Uhhhhhh that's a good question, I honestly don't even look at temperatures that much! If I get a chance I'll try each BIOS again.

Did you have a particular scenario/application you were looking at using? Otherwise I tend to default to 3DMark TimeSpy.
It's all good! I can't blame you since temps were good enough for you with the OC BIOS.

I'd be looking at stress tests for potential worst-case scenarios. As long as the test is good and proven, it'll work. I've been using OCCT (both 3D Standard at load and 3D Adaptive at Extreme) for most of my testing, along with Unigine Heaven. 3DMark should work fine, too.