Used:
HDPlex 250W
Ryzen 7 5700x in Eco Mode
GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX
3x Arctic P8 PWM PST
Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 OC LP
RAM G-Skill Aegis 3200Mhz CL16 32GB

and these dust filters from Amazon (if somebody needs some))

And be careful when opening and assembling the case, I have already turned the first spinning screw today :D
dust filter :)

Dnard

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 6, 2022
Is anyone making custom cables for their build? I was looking to get some made but most companies don't make cables for the 250w GAN

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
Is anyone making custom cables for their build? I was looking to get some made but most companies don't make cables for the 250w GAN
What country are you from

trees_z

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2021
Custom HDPlex cables | n3rdware

Also while waiting on some final components, it looks like a 2.5" drive really shouldn't be a problem with an HDPlex:

Has anyone given much thought to the front fans being intake vs exhaust? My gut tells me that exhaust will perform better but the fans are just so much nicer looking as intake...

Last edited:
Reactions: Snerual

steelfractal

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Aug 15, 2019
Don't see why you are worried these 3 people will make custom gan cables for you

And you have any questions send the one you pick an email and they be glad to help you

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Has anyone given much thought to the front fans being intake vs exhaust? My gut tells me that exhaust will perform better but the fans are just so much nicer looking as intake...

if you go for the Noctua cooler, the best setup is like this:
  • front intake
  • exhaust through the CPU cooler
I've been running this setup for quite a while in my original N0RDR1 and it works very well

1705629341921.png

If you go for a cooler with the fan on top (as intake), front exhaust makes more sense - else you have all intake but no any exhaust

trees_z

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2021
if you go for the Noctua cooler, the best setup is like this:
  • front intake
  • exhaust through the CPU cooler
I've been running this setup for quite a while in my original N0RDR1 and it works very well

View attachment 3090

If you go for a cooler with the fan on top (as intake), front exhaust makes more sense - else you have all intake but no any exhaust

Yea - both those configs makes a lot of sense. The NH-L12 seems like the best bet but I'm running the ASUS X670E-I with ridiculous heatsinks everywhere. And Noctua's compatibility guide says it's not compatible.

I have an old NH-L9x65 coolers that I'll probably use. Will try as intake and exhaust orientations and see which one I feel better about. I don't recall ever seeing anyone run that cooler in exhaust though...

Reactions: REVOCCASES

trees_z

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2021
Just waiting on a power button but more or less completed and cable managed. Stock HDPlex 250W GaN power cables worked fine.

Ryzen 7900 so the NH-L9x65 is perfectly fine. With the front fans set up as intake the CPU temps under load hovering around 73°C. And that's with the CPU fan as either intake or exhaust. With that, I've flipped the fan to exhaust and added a fan duct to make sure hot air gets exhausted. Just makes more sense for the case airflow - intake through the front and top, all GPU and CPU exhaust through the side.

With some fan profile tuning, it's pretty quiet and runs well (minus having to disassemble every time I need to power on :D). Case overall is great - I really love it. Here's to hoping we get more LP GPU's in the future!

Last edited:

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
It took way longer than expected (had to RMA my motherboard at some point, but my build in this case is finally in a state I feel I can share it here.

• Custom length HDPLex cables thanks to @robbee. The 24-pin bends right between the two fans so it doesn't interfere. Routed the GPU cable under the CPU cooler to maximize airflow for the exhaust fans.
  • 3 Arctic P8 as exhaust. Had to trim down the fan splitter connectors to get them to fit right between the fans and the top of the case. Will probably at one point redo them so the cables run via the bottom, but reinstalling them means disassembling the entire build.
  • 60mm fan grill attached to the rightmost fan to prevent the PCIe power cable from interfering.
  • Thermalright AXP120-X67 on top of a Ryzen 5700X running at 70W PPT with PBO tweaked. Absolute beast of a cooler. Combined with the Arctic axhaust fans, CPU temps never go above 55C in an all core load (3.8GHz all-core frequency)
TODO:
  • Abandoned idea of Front-USB. Will instead buy a Bluetooth keyboard eventually
  • Install proper power button in the back. I realized it's actually a feature if my kids can't locate the power button.
  • Maybe trim down the ketchup-and-mustard power cables of the HDPlex... they are really an eyesore... But that would be a rather destructive move that makes the PSU incompatible with other cases and removes the possibility for daisy chaining.

steelfractal

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Aug 15, 2019
yeah one of them have already changed hands

1709738988287.png

PIRATAS

Chassis Packer
May 26, 2020
View attachment 3010

The N0RDR1 Nano EVO is based on my last custom project and further optimized for the Gigabyte RTX 4060 Low Profile - slightly larger with 5L but much cooler and quieter!

Compatibility & features:
  • Low profile, dual slot GPU up to 210mm long
  • Three 80mm x 25mm front fans with up to 186mm long GPU
  • Optimized airflow and low noise with Noctua NH-L12S / NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition
  • FLEX ATX and HDPLEX 250W GaN support
  • powder coated aluminum chassis
  • large "venting windows" with mesh / or for DIY modding (e.g. print your own)
  • changeable front panels, e.g. CNC-machined or laser-cut wood, acrylic, etc...
  • open source - I'll share the drawings here once the project is completed
  • dimensions of the chassis: 254x215x91mm ~ 5L
  • cutout for 16mm power button (buy your own!)
I've attached the design files here for the DIY community - feel free to get the parts made locally for your own, personal build.
Hi there!
Interesting project!!
Where did you cut the wood? Online service or local shop?
Thank you.