News Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX RTX 4060 Low Profile

Gigabyte is creating an RTX 4060 low-profile card: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/g...-be-the-first-low-profile-ada-lovelace-design

3 fans, single 8-pin, 2 slots.

Pie in the sky, but would love to see an RTX 4060ti (or more crazy RTX 4070) model at some point.

___

16/01/2023 Addendum

ASUS now has a 4060 Low Profile card.
188mm, triple fan.

___

19/04/2024 Addendum

Galax has a card
182mm, triple fan, but the PCIE cable is at the front which will affect clearance without a custom solution.
Will advise to look for something slightly bigger

Cases these will fit into (double check before you buy, not everything is available):

Lenovo P3/P360 ULTRA - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)/Adapter Needed
ZS A4DC V3 - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)
ZS D2 (D Config) - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Gemcase C9 - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Lone Industries L5 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod SL3 STL 4.8L Rev.1 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto - 185mm** (Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto+ - 185mm** Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
ZS D2 V2 - 186mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod Case MINI LP edit. - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
J-Hack Pure MK2 - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Lazer3D HT5 - 194mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Lazer3D Cravo - 195mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
CAPTAIN CASE V9 - 208mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
REVOCCASES N0RDR1 Nano EVO - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish 2 Plus - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
LZmod A24-V5 V2.0 - 220mm- Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML03 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML04 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish G5 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Bug C1 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
SKTC A10 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Silverstone Milo ML11 - 272mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX

Last edited:

SFFMunkee

Buy first, justify later?
Gold Supporter
Jul 7, 2021
True, there is no real need to undervolt unless you're targeting reduced power/thermals or are running a higher power CPU. My 250W GaN was happily running the 5600G at 95W and the RTX4060 at 115W at full tilt 24/7, although it did get warm.

If you're running a 125W+ CPU then could be a bit tight, or at least may want some cooling over the GaN itself.

jimmyt

Case Bender
New User
Jul 27, 2024
So... there's a drawback from the crossflash that I've only just realised...

Pro: Zero RPM fan mode
Con: Fans when run at 100% fan spin noticeably slower

Look at GPU Fan1 MAX for each of these. BIOS in use can be seen through the model displayed

3,511 rpm at 100% fan for the GAMING OC-8GD

4,441 rpm at 100% fan for the OC-8GL

Sad :(
hey SFFMunkee, I have the 4060 OC LP and flashed like you did with nvflashk, but the fans still run constantly. Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong?
I ran ".\nvflashk.exe -i0 -6 .\Gigabyte.RTX4060.8192.230523_1.rom" and it worked just fine. Afterwards Gigabyte Control Center shows the option for quiet mode, but nonetheless the card continues to make the same noise. Appreciate any insight. My plan after I get this configured properly is to take it out of my windows box and place it in a 2U rack mounted server that's in an area where noise levels need to be at a minimum.

SFFMunkee

Buy first, justify later?
Gold Supporter
Jul 7, 2021
hey SFFMunkee, I have the 4060 OC LP and flashed like you did with nvflashk, but the fans still run constantly. Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong?
I ran ".\nvflashk.exe -i0 -6 .\Gigabyte.RTX4060.8192.230523_1.rom" and it worked just fine. Afterwards Gigabyte Control Center shows the option for quiet mode, but nonetheless the card continues to make the same noise. Appreciate any insight. My plan after I get this configured properly is to take it out of my windows box and place it in a 2U rack mounted server that's in an area where noise levels need to be at a minimum.
It will only turn off if you have fans on auto, not sure if gigabyte control center would do it properly. I use afterburner. Will have a look when back home

Reactions: jimmyt

jimmyt

Case Bender
New User
Jul 27, 2024
It will only turn off if you have fans on auto, not sure if gigabyte control center would do it properly. I use afterburner. Will have a look when back home
Thanks sir, will try with Afterburner. Appreciate any further feedback you have.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Of interest, there’s the new LZ Mod A24-V6 case which can fit low profile cards up to 190mm. So that means the ASUS card will fit.

It's not good for these gpu's, due to them pushing their hot air down and being blocked by the already heated psu. Fine for blower cards though.
The A24-v5 is still better due to having ventilation on both sides where the gpu exhales it's air.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

milesvw

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 20, 2022
It's not good for these gpu's, due to them pushing their hot air down and being blocked by the already heated psu. Fine for blower cards though.
The A24-v5 is still better due to having ventilation on both sides where the gpu exhales it's air.
Wow, what a half-baked design. If you swap the position of the PSU and GPU by using a shorter riser cable you would gain the whole distance of the riser's PCIe slot from the PSU. Also would gain access to vent the air out the bottom from a 4060.
It's possible this design was copy-pasted from a case for full height cards using DC DC and external PSUs.
So close. And now you know why so many custom cases are being made.