REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
20231220_134642_resized.jpg

The N0RDR1 Nano EVO is based on my last custom project and further optimized for the Gigabyte RTX 4060 Low Profile - slightly larger with 5L but much cooler and quieter!

Compatibility & features:
  • Low profile, dual slot GPU up to 210mm long
  • Three 80mm x 25mm front fans with up to 186mm long GPU
  • Optimized airflow and low noise with Noctua NH-L12S / NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition
  • FLEX ATX and HDPLEX 250W GaN support
  • powder coated aluminum chassis
  • large "venting windows" with mesh / or for DIY modding (e.g. print your own)
  • changeable front panels, e.g. CNC-machined or laser-cut wood, acrylic, etc...
  • open source - I'll share the drawings here once the project is completed
  • dimensions of the chassis: 254x215x91mm ~ 5L
  • cutout for 16mm power button (buy your own!)
I've attached the design files here for the DIY community - feel free to get the parts made locally for your own, personal build.

Attachments

• N0RDR1_Nano_EVO_R2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
first prototype is ready... I still need to make some small changes but I'll already share some first impressions with you...

with 5L the case is certainly not the smallest to fit the 4060LP but my focus here was more about good cooling performance and low noise... you can mount three 80x25mm front fans as intake and exhaust via a Noctua NH-L12S / NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition CPU cooler. The GPU will intake from the side and also have exhaust openings at the top... I still need to make the vent cutouts a little smaller, but you get the idea...

20231028_102032.jpg

for the vent cutouts, different options would be possible - e.g. a nice steel mesh, or something DIY 3D printed / laser cut, hot rod style coolers...

20231028_100840.jpg

the case supports the HDPLEX 250W GaN out of the box - but you can also mount a FLEX PSU if you snip off the IEC mounting part...

20231028_100627.jpg

if you use the HDPLEX, it will be mounted directly to the Aluminum chassis, which should help with cooling

20231028_100517.jpg

build example with the 4060LP, Noctua NH-L12S and FLEX PSU:

20231028_101850.jpg

as for the front panels I could also think of many different variations - CNC machined wood, laser cut wood, common fan grills, 3D printed dust filters, etc...

20231028_094851.jpg

20231028_100204.jpg

as I said in my OP, the case will be open source and I'll share the drawings here for DIY once ready...

if there's enough interest, I can also offer a limited production run (10 cases) - price would be starting from EUR 100,- for the powder coated aluminum chassis, up to EUR 200,- with CNC wood front and steel mesh cover

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Trully awesome... in for a powder coated chassis without front panel. Just in case my upcoming build can´t work with the 180W AC-DC I´m getting (and no space to fit a GaN250W in my chassis)

Where do we sign up for one?

Looks fantastic as usual!

Thanks guys! :)

to see if we can reach 10 chassis and for better planning / price calculation, just leave a comment here and tell me what exactly you'd be interested in...

just for example:
  • coated chassis only
  • coated chassis, CNC wood, steel mesh
  • coated chassis, laser cut wood, no steel mesh
  • coated chassis, steel mesh, no front panel
  • etc...
given I'll make max. 10 of these, I'm open for "special whishes"

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Im in for a chasis, mesh and a front panel (of some sort).

Do you think you could use magnets for the front panels so there isnt any screws showing? Also any chance of a dust filter in a recess in the front panel?

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Im in for a chasis, mesh and a front panel (of some sort).

Do you think you could use magnets for the front panels so there isnt any screws showing? Also any chance of a dust filter in a recess in the front panel?

Nice!

If you go for the CNC machined wood front, I could do a re-design without visible screws. :)

As for the dust filters, you could just get something like this and put them behind (or in front) of the fans:

1698499841952.png

Reactions: Goatee

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
first prototype is ready... I still need to make some small changes but I'll already share some first impressions with you...

with 5L the case is certainly not the smallest to fit the 4060LP but my focus here was more about good cooling performance and low noise... you can mount three 80x25mm front fans as intake and exhaust via a Noctua NH-L12S / NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition CPU cooler. The GPU will intake from the side and also have exhaust openings at the top... I still need to make the vent cutouts a little smaller, but you get the idea...

View attachment 2813

for the vent cutouts, different options would be possible - e.g. a nice steel mesh, or something DIY 3D printed / laser cut, hot rod style coolers...

View attachment 2814

the case supports the HDPLEX 250W GaN out of the box - but you can also mount a FLEX PSU if you snip off the IEC mounting part...

View attachment 2815

if you use the HDPLEX, it will be mounted directly to the Aluminum chassis, which should help with cooling

View attachment 2816

build example with the 4060LP, Noctua NH-L12S and FLEX PSU:

View attachment 2817

as for the front panels I could also think of many different variations - CNC machined wood, laser cut wood, common fan grills, 3D printed dust filters, etc...

View attachment 2818

View attachment 2819

as I said in my OP, the case will be open source and I'll share the drawings here for DIY once ready...

if there's enough interest, I can also offer a limited production run (10 cases) - price would be starting from EUR 100,- for the powder coated aluminum chassis, up to EUR 200,- with CNC wood front and steel mesh cover

Kate Winslet Money GIF by INTO ACTION

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
OMG this would look perfect in my TV Cabinet.

Noctua L12S as intake, 3 80mm Noctuas as exhaust should work very well for a space confined HTPC use case.

You can definitely sign me up for coated chassis, CNC front, steel mesh (and the less visible screws the better!)

I would prefer to see a right side-mounted on/off switch for easier access though (right behind the fan maybe?). Maybe even a low-profile one? Those vandal switches take up so much space... And in a perfect world. at a USB-C I/O port there while you are at it 😁. But even without those 2 changes I would still be very strongly interested.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
thanks guys!

here are some beauty shots of the protototype with the mesh installed... I have to admit, that's too many screws ... XD
  • for the mesh, I'll try to reduce the number of screws and/or fix it with 2K epoxy
  • for the CNC wood front, I'll do a re-design and try fixing it from inside the case (fan screws are still visible though, because they need to be accessible)
  • for the laser cut wood front, I'll try some nicer looking countersunk hex screws, 4 in total
20231030_125758.jpg

20231030_125831.jpg

20231030_125917.jpg

20231030_134638.jpg

20231030_134705.jpg

20231030_134800.jpg

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com

Noctua L12S as intake, 3 80mm Noctuas as exhaust should work very well for a space confined HTPC use case.

You can definitely sign me up for coated chassis, CNC front, steel mesh (and the less visible screws the better!)

I would prefer to see a right side-mounted on/off switch for easier access though (right behind the fan maybe?). Maybe even a low-profile one? Those vandal switches take up so much space... And in a perfect world. at a USB-C I/O port there while you are at it 😁. But even without those 2 changes I would still be very strongly interested.

good idea, that should work well for placing it in a TV cabinet!

I'm afraid the power button position is fixed - some people (like me) would place the case vertically...

but there's an easy fix for your use case (in the TV cabinet):

1698671384189.png

even comes with USB hub!

Reactions: Snerual and rfarmer

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019

As for your I/O power button would one of these work https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/p...1&filter=Power_OnOff_addon_cards&sort=Newsest

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Just out of curiosity: Would a 500W GaN fit if you remove one front fan? (or use low profile fans)

And broader question: is anyone that showed interest so far actually planning to use HDPlex GaN or a FlexATX PSU? I am definitely more inclined to go HDPlex but it looks like a Flex ATX PSU would fill the case better.