Completed Project PURE: 3L APU case, MEANWELL Support

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
I too prefer the semi-matte finish. It gives the case a slightly more elegant look in my opinion. Will there be a silver version too?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Definitely the semi-matte. Computers already have a reputation of being boring black boxes and so this gives it some visual interest.

Digging the fact you're still moving forward with these internal AC-DC PSUs and cases!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Question : do you have any cut-out on the underside to help with m2 heat dissipation ?

No I do not.

M.2 heating issues is nonexistent for most users. I see a lot of concerns over it, but unless you're handling professional amount of data you won't see it.

One can also use the pcie slot to fit an m.2 drive as well.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I’m looking forward to this for the case for my streaming pc. Should be a good setup and if I can get my hands on the new black ridge it’ll be perfection. Any expectations for when we will see it for sale?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I’m looking forward to this for the case for my streaming pc. Should be a good setup and if I can get my hands on the new black ridge it’ll be perfection. Any expectations for when we will see it for sale?

The black ridge would be an excellent fit. I'm looking at 6 weeks. Finalizing production version this week, then small batch production, then packaging and assembly. I don't want to make an guarantees though.

i'm a big fan of the semi-matte black/white. looks great!

edit: any temp data?

I'll release some testing data on a few weeks.

Concerning black and white, I cannot get a perfect white finish. White powder coat is hard to do because any slight contamination will show. The most the fabricator can get is only few specks showing in the front. Visible at a foot.

I will make it available in limited quantities but do note it is not perfect.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

Alright. So there are two directions to go with the XL version. Since it is a bit bigger, I'm sure some people would like to "stand" it up. Which means if I keep the same two piece construction, it doesn't look nice.

So I have come up with a three panel design. Using 3 panels is going to increase cost, especially at such low runs. The two panel design is going to look just like the original design but blown up to be bigger. So what do you guys think? Two or three panel design?

Last edited:

shokwaav

Caliper Novice
Sep 27, 2018
I wouldn't mind having the option of standing it up, although I'd probably use it like the smaller one.

Can we get a picture comparison of the 2 panel vs the 3 panel?

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016

Alright. So there are two directions to go with the XL version. Since it is a bit bigger, I'm sure some people would like to "stand" it up. Which means if I keep the same two piece construction, it doesn't look nice.

So I have come up with a three panel design. Using 3 panels is going to increase cost, especially at such low runs. The two panel design is going to look just like the original design but blown up to be bigger. So what do you guys think? Two or three panel design?

Two panels horizontal.

Reactions: cleveland

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Alright.

As promised, working on Pure XL:

I think I agree with the sentiment of you guys of having a simpler design, kind of between the cheap off-the-shelf cases and the more premium designs like L4.

If you need someone to test it out with an AM4 B450 motherboard and GTX 1050 ti LP with shroud removed and two 80x15mm slim fans installed instead, I'm your man...

I've about had it with my Realan E-i7 and am considering taking a Dremel to it.

Reactions: fabio