Completed Project PURE: 3L APU case, MEANWELL Support

shokwaav

Caliper Novice
Sep 27, 2018
Will there be a way to purchase all the parts necessary to complete the build? (Excluding the meanwell).

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Will there be a way to purchase all the parts necessary to complete the build? (Excluding the meanwell).

Yes. You can purchase everything except the AC and the DC PSU. A plugin unit will be available later on.

The Rps-200-12-c will be also be available in a small quantities as well but you'd have to supply your own plugin unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: shokwaav

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
We're quite close! It'll be available for order in JAN.

I didn't forget about you 2.5 SSD guys. Added this extra rear mount. ;)

How much extra would adding a modular power entry plate cost?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
What power entry do you need?

If I were to make it modular, it would increase cost by $5-10, since now I have to stock modular plates.

I was just thinking in terms of clean looks. It's not necessary, and for some, 5-10 dollars extra could be a deal breaker.

Don't sweat it!

I would need both the HDPlex and the Meanwell.

NoSk0pz

Average Stuffer
Apr 3, 2017
The Rps-200-12-c will be also be available in a small quantities as well but you'd have to supply your own plugin unit.

any recommendations on a plugin unit? originally i planned on using the 160w hdplex ac-dc + nanoATX dc-atx adapter, but there's no supply. i suppose i could go with the 80w hdplex ac-dc (might be pushing it, build will use the 2200g), but i'd still need a plugin unit

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
any recommendations on a plugin unit? originally i planned on using the 160w hdplex ac-dc + nanoATX dc-atx adapter, but there's no supply. i suppose i could go with the 80w hdplex ac-dc (might be pushing it, build will use the 2200g), but i'd still need a plugin unit

Recommend Minibox 150XT + Rps-200-12-c at this time. I will have a plugin unit available next year. Around January or February.

nyxtom

Average Stuffer
Nov 5, 2018
This is a great! I'm excited to order one
We're quite close! It'll be available for order in JAN.

I didn't forget about you 2.5 SSD guys. Added this extra rear mount. ;)

This is perfect and exactly what I would have in mind for an alternative case that can fit an internal ac-dc + 2.5" SSD via the rear mount. The all matte black looks fantastic. Would it be possible to mount the SSD in this way except above the HDPlex AC-DC 160W? Given the height of the HDPlex, I would imagine there is enough room to make this possible? Possibly even 2 SSD's side by side?

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
This is a great! I'm excited to order one

This is perfect and exactly what I would have in mind for an alternative case that can fit an internal ac-dc + 2.5" SSD via the rear mount. The all matte black looks fantastic. Would it be possible to mount the SSD in this way except above the HDPlex AC-DC 160W? Given the height of the HDPlex, I would imagine there is enough room to make this possible? Possibly even 2 SSD's side by side?

Glad you like it.

I would actually recommend using a pcie to m.2 or a m.2 board to SATA. You can possibly mount it in the front but you'd have to find an alternative way to secure it.

Unfortunately matte black is not available. It'll be semi matte.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Glad you like it.

I would actually recommend using a pcie to m.2 or a m.2 board to SATA. You can possibly mount it in the front but you'd have to find an alternative way to secure it.

Unfortunately matte black is not available. It'll be semi matte.

You got a custom URL!! Congrats!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
You got a custom URL!! Congrats!

I've had it for a bit ;)

It's live now. https://j-hackcompany.com/

First batch is for sale. Black and white in limited quantities. Had some QC issues, so a couple of them didn't make it.

Unfortunately, manufacturer also messed up the order so for now, the finish is only matte.

AC-DC kits available.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Those are great news, @Thehack. I was about to pull the trigger when i noticed you only sell it to the USA.

Well, maybe next time... :)

I will be doing international shipping once I figure out best way to do it.

I *can* ship to brazil, but it is expensive, and you'll be on your own once it hits import duties.

alkersan

Case Bender
New User
Dec 20, 2018
Hello @Thehack.
Just wondering, would you consider open-sourcing it in some form, e.g. adapted source CAD or blueprints for building it from acrylic? It could be a great addition to the OpenCase project.