Stalled Modivio xCase - customizable console-style case

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Nice !

My apologies if it has already been asnwered, but is there a 3D file of the xCase S case available ?

HBYR

Chassis Packer
Feb 23, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm an extreme noob so correct me if I say something wrong.
I love the look on this case.
I, however, I'm struggling to find any review of it.
Can someone please link a review of it?
I think it deserves more exposure.

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Sorry guys for staying quiet for a while. I've been dealing with an increased amount of orders and some personal stuff.

I'm an extreme noob so correct me if I say something wrong.
I love the look on this case.
I, however, I'm struggling to find any review of it.
Can someone please link a review of it?
I think it deserves more exposure.

There are very few reviewes out there. Take a look at one wrote by a client: https://forums.overclockers.com.au/threads/modivio-xcase-build-review.1246338/

Reactions: Weredawg and zzmadd

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Well....after seeing the blue I'd say blue is my favourite even though white is really elegant. I haven't seen black though.
BTW I'm building the blue case in a week for a client. I'm going to post some photos of the build.

Frzfrzfrz

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 11, 2019
Hi,

Created an account just to comment on this brilliant project ! Congrats man this is really pushing the sff forward.

My pc is currently built in a Silverstone ML06b-e with a 1050ti LP, noctua NH l12s and Corsair sf450.

I'm planning to move away from the low profile gpu but have yet to find a case that works

How I see this is the same layout as the ML06b-e but longer to accommodate an it's GPU on its back

Would this be feasible, elongating one of your cases ?

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Well Done Matt! this case is really awesome.

Thanks, nice build!

My pc is currently built in a Silverstone ML06b-e with a 1050ti LP, noctua NH l12s and Corsair sf450.

I'm planning to move away from the low profile gpu but have yet to find a case that works

How I see this is the same layout as the ML06b-e but longer to accommodate an it's GPU on its back

Those components would easily fit inside xCase LE. It supports SFX PSU, Noctua L12s and a full sized graphics card.

Frzfrzfrz

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 11, 2019
Thanks, nice build!

Those components would easily fit inside xCase LE. It supports SFX PSU, Noctua L12s and a full sized graphics card.

Aye but I'm looking to compromise on the GPU length so it keeps the VCR form factor so it fits neatly under the TV in the stand.

Basically looking to keep the reduced depth of the SE (which fits the king of sff, NH l12s) to fit in a TV stand with comfortable space behind for cabling and breathing and extending width on the MOBo side by 125mm (size of the sf450)

Would that be too much of a modification ?

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Basically looking to keep the reduced depth of the SE (which fits the king of sff, NH l12s) to fit in a TV stand with comfortable space behind for cabling and breathing and extending width on the MOBo side by 125mm (size of the sf450)

We are limited to modifying the dimensions within the following limits:

Length: 360mm to 380mm
Width: 200mm (slightly smaller xCase S) to 360mm (extended xCase L)
Height: 66mm to 105mm

It wouldn't be possible to extend the length by 125mm to place the SFX PSU on the motherboard side of the case. 3D printers which we use don't have enough volume to produce such parts.

vetusPC

Efficiency Noob
May 7, 2018
We are limited to modifying the dimensions within the following limits:

Length: 360mm to 380mm
Width: 200mm (slightly smaller xCase S) to 360mm (extended xCase L)
Height: 66mm to 105mm

It wouldn't be possible to extend the length by 125mm to place the SFX PSU on the motherboard side of the case. 3D printers which we use don't have enough volume to produce such parts.

So it's not possible to get a "shorter" version either?

Looking at B3n10's picture of a xCase S there seem to be quite a bit of "dead space" if your doing a APU build even with a internal AC-DC unit.

Edit: Seems I didn't look closely enough on his website as the AC-DC unit seems to be mounted next to the DC-ATX. Is there anyway to get mounting holes for a AC-DC unit on the top/bottom side?

Last edited:

frees577

Cable Smoosher
Jan 7, 2019
Finally I get to post my completed build. BEHOLD!! "Brickless" Linux Server / HTPC build XD.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G
RAM: 16Gb DDR4 3000MHZ Corsair Vengance
Mobo: Gigabyte B450i Pro Wifi
PSU: HDPlex AC -DC + DC-ATX 400w (overkill)
CPU Cooler: Fanless Cryorig C7
FANS:
CPU/VRM: Silverstone 120mm slim
HDD: Startek 60mm slim fan

I fit in HDPlex AC - DC unit but was short like 15mm at the front to fit DC - ATX unit.. ohh so close. So I got dangling AC to DC unit in the back since i had to use that space for DC-ATX unit.

Simple case to build in. If I had to change my custom GPU-less design.. I'd probably add 25mm to the front and stick c14 plug at the bottom of the case below the two HDD's.

Thanks for the case Matt :) I might be adding some RGB strips to it but later, since my panel is smoked glass. Will post more pics later with RGB.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthEm1 and zzmadd

Aleksey

Case Bender
May 15, 2019
How is the power supply screwed on the screws?
In the first case (1), as I understand it, it is screwed through the top holes with a screwdriver
But what about the second case (2) ? there are no holes at the top and space is limited.