Stalled Modivio xCase - customizable console-style case

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Would there be any consideration for a new design that caters for HDPlex 400w internal combo?

maxdfw

Smol Form Factor
Aug 21, 2019
Has anyone heard from them lately? Can't get a response on their FB or email about stock being replenished.

Lost_on_Bricks

Efficiency Noob
Apr 26, 2021
Well... the short answer is that I'm not finishing them, they come straight off the printer like this. The long answer is that Zortrax printers might not have some of the popular features like WiFi, LCD screen, camera etc. but they are unbeatable when it comes to printing quality and reliability. On top of that it took me months of research and testing to find the best quality ABS filament on the market, master the parameters of printing and mod the printers. I've wasted so much time vapor smoothing cases, painting them etc. just to figure out that it doesn't improve the overall quality that much.

Actually that was the easy part of the job, the hard part is to convince people that 3D printed cases aren't inferior to metal ones. Even more - much greater flexibility is a huge advantage.

BTW. Once I'll release SE, ME, L and LE versions, I'll be looking for influencers who might be interested in reviewing the case. Any ideas who should I reach out to?
Little late but try optimum tech and geer seekers. Two sff focused channels from Australia.

Lost_on_Bricks

Efficiency Noob
Apr 26, 2021
Has anyone heard from them lately? Can't get a response on their FB or email about stock being replenished.
Nope. And this is one year after you've asked. I wonder if any orders will be worked on. Most of the stock is unavailable. Damn. This was perfect. Is there any other customizable case?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
The mods have noticed that original poster is last seen on the forum on May 31, 2020 & does not seem to be responsive. Many (if not all) models on Modivio website are marked as out of stock. Caveat emptor.

We have updated the thread status to "Stalled" & put the same notification on the first page of this thread.