Stalled ~7L console-style case concept (and possible future NCASE product)

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
I'm branching off this project with my design to work with G-Unique (guryhwa) to get the cost down.

This is the design G-Unique (guryhwa) and I are leaning towards.

Going forward, I will start a new thread to continue my version of the project.
I’m in love with this design, very retro I would love to have an emulation machine built in one.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I just got a new tempered glass manufacturer that can make thin TG, so it's finally coming together.

This is the new G-UNIQ (guryhwa) collaboration case designed by me and it supports GPU in two orientations:
1. GPU cooler on the same side of the CPU cooler via Flex Riser (window)
2. GPU cooler on the opposite side of the CPU cooler via PCB Riser (no need for window)

I have to have a conversation with Josh | NFC about the design before we give it the green light ;)

No window version.

Last edited:

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
I just got a new tempered glass manufacturer that can make thin TG, so it's finally coming together.

This is the new G-UNIQ (guryhwa) collaboration case designed by me and it supports GPU in two orientations:
2. GPU cooler on the opposite side of the CPU cooler via PCB Riser (no need for window)

I have to have a conversation with Josh | NFC about the design before we give it the green light ;)

No window version.

Looks good!

You need a version which replaces the entire window on the to with a mesh screen so when you have the GPU facing the same direction as the CPU, it has fresh air available to it.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Awesome. What branding will it use?

It's been a while. Will you remind me again what PSU form is compatible and what length of graphic card?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Looks good!

You need a version which replaces the entire window on the to with a mesh screen so when you have the GPU facing the same direction as the CPU, it has fresh air available to it.
There are two 120x15mm fans about 30mm / 1.25in from the GPU, prob not necessary.

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
What would be the possibilites of adding a "stand" (optional) which could raise the case to the same level as for example the Cryorig Taku?

Reactions: br3nd0

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
This case looks very interesting for something i had in mind! The bezels remind me a lot of the skyreach :p .

I like the 3 gpu/pcie slots a lot, would that be a mini itx or micro atx thing?

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
MiniITX, 7L, the 3rd slot was a suggestion from G-UNIQ for something I can’t reveal right now.

Could it be a PCI-form-factor, single-slot, fan-cooled, custom internal brick for 500W? I mean, if it came from Guryhwa, it can be as out-of-the-box as that :)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Could it be a PCI-form-factor, single-slot, fan-cooled, custom internal brick for 500W? I mean, if it came from Guryhwa, it can be as out-of-the-box as that :)

There is something genius and mad about Guryhwa's product, that's why I have to create a product with G-UNIQ. It would be a shame if people can't experience some of his creations.

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
There is something genius and mad about Guryhwa's product, that's why I have to create a product with G-UNIQ. It would be a shame if people can't experience some of his creations.

I am very happy to see that he's getting the backing from capable hands as yours. His genius deserves it, and yes, it is a shame if it doesn't see the light of day. Kudos to both of you guys! :thumb:

Curious to see the end result :D

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018

No window version.
Looks like a skyreach4mini with less ventilation and front io.
I'd say heavily vent the back for the version with the CPU/GPU favinf the same side .

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Looks like a skyreach4mini with less ventilation and front io.
I'd say heavily vent the back for the version with the CPU/GPU favinf the same side .

We are working with NFC as well, hence the similarity with the Skyreach 4 Mini, Josh | NFC wanted the side to look like the Skyreach 4 Mini :p

Looks good. Do you think it is time to remove the “stalled” tag?

I'm waiting for one more case with NFC and then we will create a new thread for both cases.

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017
1) I remember that the original design had a VESA mount (optional?) on the bottom- is that still in the cards?

2) You also talked about getting the appropriate certifications for the custom PSU (presumably CE, at least)- also still happening?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
1) I remember that the original design had a VESA mount (optional?) on the bottom- is that still in the cards?

2) You also talked about getting the appropriate certifications for the custom PSU (presumably CE, at least)- also still happening?

1. Optional bracket.

2). We are focusing on the HP passive power bricks, running two of them if needed at the same time. These PSU are already certified, no need to do anything.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
I think this should be called the skyreach5mini (S5M).

It looks like the next evolution of the S4M.

Can't wait to see more.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I think this should be called the skyreach5mini (S5M).

It looks like the next evolution of the S4M.

Can't wait to see more.

The inner layout and the airflow is completely different, that's why it's not the S5M.

Also, this case is impossible without G-UNIQ parts (PCIe Flex Riser, PCIe PCB Riser, PSU, Front I/O).

It's basically optimized for G-UNIQ parts, and compatible with standard hardware for low end setups.

Last edited: