Diesel Engine (ITX / SFF / Console) - COMPLETE!

Chris Howell

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Diesel Engine
Jan 17, 2016

Custom Case: play3r.net Update

Another small update. I created a custom orange and white Diesel Engine case for the guys at play3r.net. It was a great exercise to see the flexibility of colour schemes that can be applied to the existing design. Here's how it went...

You can catch the first article of the case on play3r.net at the following link:
https://play3r.net/news/the-play3r-itx-project-custom-diesel-engine-case/

inputfail

What's an ITX?
Apr 27, 2017
Hello, beautiful build you have here! Am I reading right in the Play3r case that it's 330x200x60mm? Is it smaller for the custom case or is even the Engine v2 that size?

Also, would you mind maybe giving an idea of how your temps were while gaming? You think I could put a GTX 1070 in without it overheating?

Chris Howell

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Diesel Engine
Jan 17, 2016
Hello, beautiful build you have here! Am I reading right in the Play3r case that it's 330x200x60mm? Is it smaller for the custom case or is even the Engine v2 that size?

Also, would you mind maybe giving an idea of how your temps were while gaming? You think I could put a GTX 1070 in without it overheating?

That's actually a typo. The length of the case is still the same as the standard (about 412mm). I have a 1060 GTX which I can share some temps for, but I would say that I'm not sure of the physical size of the 1070's, the heat sink on those might be too large for the case.

Side note: I've run a 1060 GTX and an R9 Nano - both operated well within 'safe' temperatures. Certainly I haven't had any instances of actual overheating where the components shut down.