Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
Not only it can do that, that's the only way it can do.
I saw a video on a Velka 7 rev 2.0 build, watch this and you will know most of the answers for these kind of questions.

Kuroneer

Efficiency Noob
Dec 10, 2020
How are you dealing with GPU backplate and the riser cable in velka 7 (2.0)?

I got a Gigabyte 3060ti and the card fits snugly length-wise, but with the backplate and the fold of the pci extension, it seems that there's not enough room and the bottom of the card tries to stick out. I had to unattach the riser socket from the motherboard structure because its pcb was bending.

Should I just remove the card's backplate or it should be enough by trying to flatten the fold? (I'm hesitant about removing the backplate because it's attached to the heatsink)

marlark

Efficiency Noob
Sep 7, 2020
Something like this:
Or ask @VELKASE Michael for help
Thanks! I contacted Michael and he's already helped me out.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 16, 2015

I got a Gigabyte 3060ti and the card fits snugly length-wise, but with the backplate and the fold of the pci extension, it seems that there's not enough room and the bottom of the card tries to stick out. I had to unattach the riser socket from the motherboard structure because its pcb was bending.

Should I just remove the card's backplate or it should be enough by trying to flatten the fold? (I'm hesitant about removing the backplate because it's attached to the heatsink)

The gpu placement is a little odd for me, but love the size.

velka5simp

Chassis Packer
Aug 27, 2020
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement power switch? I broke mine :(
Is it actually physically broken or does it just not work? If it's the seconds, make sure they cales didnt slip out.
I had to unscrew the screws that squish the cable, twist the cable (so it gets a bit thicker and doesnt slip out) and then screw it in again.

Kuroneer

Efficiency Noob
Dec 10, 2020

In case anyone is interested, I fixed it by removing the unused m.2 screw in the back of the motherboard and adding two small washers between the riser pcb and the motherboard structure. No need to remove the backplate.

Reactions: Sziklapeti

belkinflin

Efficiency Noob
Dec 17, 2020
I have a quick question about the enhance flex psu. I was looking at using the 600W Enhance PSU, but it only has one PCI-E 8 pin that splits into 2 8 pins. Am I right in thinking that this would be dangerous for powering the 2 8 pins of a 3080? Appreciate the help.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I have a quick question about the enhance flex psu. I was looking at using the 600W Enhance PSU, but it only has one PCI-E 8 pin that splits into 2 8 pins. Am I right in thinking that this would be dangerous for powering the 2 8 pins of a 3080? Appreciate the help.

Nvidia recommend having two separate PCIe 8 pin cables for the RTX 3080, so if you want to stay completely safe, you should use an SFX power supply with two separate PCIe 8 pin cables. That would be the simplest answer. The RTX 3080 can draw up to around 320 watts at stock, more when overclocked.

You can still make it work with the ENP-7660B but if you want to keep it safe and have some peace of mind, you would want to limit the power draw of the RTX 3080. Plugging the card in as you suggest is not dangerous in itself but having it draw too much power for prolonged periods of time in that configuration might be, especially in a hot environment because the current can create excess heat that could potentially damage something.

As a rule of thumb, 150 watts per 8 pin connector is widely considered very safe, and the card can get another 40-75 watts through the PCIe slot. In this case you should only count 1 of them because the other is connected. The wires and connector itself can handle more than 150 watts but how much more depends on a number of factors relating to your exact setup and how you plan to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skarum

belkinflin

Efficiency Noob
Dec 17, 2020
Thank you for the help Michael! I was hoping that I misread the spec sheet and that it was actually two 2 8 pins but unfortunately that isn't the case. I will have to go with an SFX PSU then.

belkinflin

Efficiency Noob
Dec 17, 2020
Another question, I am interested in still buying a 7660b PSU in black. Will these be available for pre-order separately or will they just show up once in stock on your website?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Another question, I am interested in still buying a 7660b PSU in black. Will these be available for pre-order separately or will they just show up once in stock on your website?
They should be in stock and available for order later this month. There will be more information as it gets closer to becoming available and there will also be a notice a few days in advance.

Reactions: belkinflin

cobblerjr

Cable Smoosher
Apr 26, 2020
This is probably a silly question, but would any of the current lineup work with pci-e bifurcation or are they just too small for that?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Velka 7 would be a perfect competitor with the Corsair One if was a bit wider to accommodate 240 radiators & slim fans on both sides. Velka 9?
I don't think this layout and structure would make any sense at that size. This would add 84 mm to the width, increasing volume to 10 L but likely more to make space for tubing. It would also be prohibitively expensive to make if using the same materials and keeping the expensive riser and display extensions.

At that point, volume would no longer matter as it would not be portable anyways due to the size and weight, so you could make a better riser-less case.

Reactions: wewe and SashaLag

velka5simp

Chassis Packer
Aug 27, 2020

Suggestion for V3 Velka cases:​

• Velka 3 can stay like it is.
  • Velka 5 V2 gets ditched (full-length-2-slot GPU + Flex ATX PSU is pretty unpopular). The successor of the Velka 7 will become the Velka 5 V3 (SFX PSU, 2-slot GPU).
  • Velka 7 V3 is going to be like the Velka 7 V2, but with support for thicker GPUs (2.5-slot or 3-slot).

(sorry if this already was suggested, I don't have the time to read all 119 pages)

Reactions: Da_Korn

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018

• Velka 5 V2 gets ditched (full-length-2-slot GPU + Flex ATX PSU is pretty unpopular). The successor of the Velka 7 will become the Velka 5 V3 (SFX PSU, 2-slot GPU).
Velka 5 V2 was specifically created to address the ITX length graphics card availability issue so it's important for it to stay