Completed Project PURE: 3L APU case, MEANWELL Support

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
The new plugin 160 will be releasing in July.

Up to 160W rated. Black pcb. Silver plated aux and eps output wiring. It'll be around 40 USD. Shipped and warrantied in USA. There will also be a 10% promotion for memorial day, so you've been warned!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
The new plugin 160 will be releasing in July.

Up to 160W rated. Black pcb. Silver plated aux and eps output wiring. It'll be around 40 USD. Shipped and warrantied in USA. There will also be a 10% promotion for memorial day, so you've been warned!

Will this also come with a DC input jack for use with external PSU?

Reactions: fabio

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
No. This is the super small external AC-DC unit. KMPKT is looking to stock some. If there is demand for it I'll stock some myself, but 90% of the PURE builders prefer internal. :)
Ahhh external, nice.

Really looking forward to the Meanwell 500-12-C + J-Hack One2Distro + J-Hack 160W plug in for my future mini-sandwich style case.

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2019
Just got my Pure today! The turn around was very quick, packaging was 10/10 and I am entirely impressed with the build quality. I'd put it on par with the S4M and Sentry to be honest.

Now to figure out my power situation!

Reactions: fabio and Thehack

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Ok Guys, ALMOST done! My tiny Intel Workstation!

ONLY miss the Mean Well 12V and the USB-C cable, and it's done!

Thank you to @Thehack for this amazing case! (Hope the 4Pin to the MB is well plugged...)

Meanwhile I will post the updated build:

PURE Case
Black Ridge CPU Cooler
Thermalright 100mm Fan
Intel Xeon 2176G
ASrock Rack C246 WSI
2x16GB Crucial VLP 2666 ECC UDIMM
Glotrends Riser to support M.2 22110 SSD
Intel Optane 905p 380Gb M.2
ADT x4 Riser from M.2 2242 to 2280
Intel 760p 1Tb
ASUS AC53 Wifi Nano Adapter
ASUS BT400 Bluetooth Adapter

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
I will use it for general software for architecture like AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Rhinoceros with Vray if will be ok and Revit. I am curious to test it, especially on the GPU side!
I'm planning on doing similar build at some point as well! I plan on using it for Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo, Blackmagic DaVinci resolve etc. I would be very interested to see how your build performs.

Reactions: fabio

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
@fabio, I'm curious: will you be using anything like this for your USB C? I remember it being mentioned a long time ago on the forum, but haven't seen it since and t seemed like such a cool thing.

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Feb 10, 2019
@fabio I just ordered a Black Ridge from OC.co.uk 2 days ago, should come in tomorrow!
Are you using the stock fan it comes with? I'll be doing a LOT of temp testing once I get all my parts in, Ryzen 2400g until I upgrade to a 3000 apu later.