Completed MK-1 (4.1L 3D Printed SFF) Now Available!

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Hmm, page 12 of this? http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/atx2_2.pdf
I was more talking about the cut out for the graphics card, as well as that little part at the top where it's going to screw in. And I did mean to say graphics card I/O in my above post, sorry about that.

I used a GPU cad file in combination with the ATX specification to create the cutout that you see. GrabCAD is a good source of GPU models.

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Prototype 1 has arrived and has been assembled!! (for the most part)

I am going to finalize the build tomorrow with the little bit of custom wiring for the power button that is needed! It also looks like I can get away with just installing the Nocuta 92mm fan directly to the AMD Wraith Stealth heatsink! It clears the side panel with about 3mm to spare! I am curious to see how performance will be with this new setup.

Also, the screws used to construct the case are not final and will be replaced with shorter length 4x40.

Last edited:

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Zach do you know if itd be possible to make a revision of the rear panel for the slim type 8 pin connector from gury as well jic those of us with multiple different connectors wouldn't need to switch to a new connector or buy a new psu? the one with 2 posts

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Zach do you know if itd be possible to make a revision of the rear panel for the slim type 8 pin connector from gury as well jic those of us with multiple different connectors wouldn't need to switch to a new connector or buy a new psu? the one with 2 posts

Funny you should mention that... That is a modification I just made to the prototype and will be in the final revision!

Prototype is fully assembled! Will be testing it out for the rest of the day and hopefully will have updates tonight!

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Funny you should mention that... That is a modification I just made to the prototype and will be in the final revision!

Prototype is fully assembled! Will be testing it out for the rest of the day and hopefully will have updates tonight!
I am so glad that I read your mind lol. I might end up picking one up eventually I liked the rounded design and layout. Which is exactly why I had ordered a modmini. The layout is fantastic you figure temps wont be affected much between the GPU and CPU since they're sorta seperated

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
the only other thing I even see that could use adjusting is the mounting platforms for the large side panels to make them flush with the rest

Reactions: AleksandarK

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
the only other thing I even see that could use adjusting is the mounting platforms for the large side panels to make them flush with the rest

The panels not being flush was actually something I wanted to try design wise just to see how it looked. I quite like the look but If others do not it would be a simple change.

Stress testing done on the hybrid cooler! After an hour of prime 95 cpu temperatures maxed out at 75C with the side panel on. With the side panel off temperatures only dropped to about 72C. Not amazing performance but 1) this was artificial load which the CPU will likely never see in everyday usage and 2) This was with the quiet fan preset in the Biostar BIOS. I would call the cooler a success! Especially since there are very few low profile AM4 solutions right now.

CPU coolers up to 40mm are confirmed to work in this case!

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
Could we get some horizontal shots of the chassis too I kinda want to get some ideas for what it would look like horizontal on some case feets

I should be able to get some pictures of it laying horizontally tomorrow. I would suggest case feet at least .25" and the case to lay on the side of the graphics card (since most are blower style, less heat will get trapped).

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
I should be able to get some pictures of it laying horizontally tomorrow. I would suggest case feet at least .25" and the case to lay on the side of the graphics card (since most are blower style, less heat will get trapped).
I mean, You could even make a seperate version of the non vented panels to have vents as well if you really wanted to for extra flow too

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
As requested, pictures of MK-1 mounted horizontally. Heat build up shouldn't be an issue on the GPU side when laying horizontally. Not enough to merit increased laser cut costs to add vents...

It looks beautiful that way. And it might merit me ordering one >.>

When is this going to be finalized lollll

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jun 3, 2016
It looks beautiful that way. And it might merit me ordering one >.>

When is this going to be finalized lollll

Haha I want to conduct a bit more thermal testing to ensure my vent design is adequate. If all goes well though I could open orders up as early as the end of this week!

Reactions: AleksandarK