News Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX RTX 4060 Low Profile

Gigabyte is creating an RTX 4060 low-profile card: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/g...-be-the-first-low-profile-ada-lovelace-design

3 fans, single 8-pin, 2 slots.

Pie in the sky, but would love to see an RTX 4060ti (or more crazy RTX 4070) model at some point.

___

16/01/2023 Addendum

ASUS now has a 4060 Low Profile card.
188mm, triple fan.

___

19/04/2024 Addendum

Galax has a card
182mm, triple fan, but the PCIE cable is at the front which will affect clearance without a custom solution.
Will advise to look for something slightly bigger

Cases these will fit into (double check before you buy, not everything is available):

Lenovo P3/P360 ULTRA - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)/Adapter Needed
ZS A4DC V3 - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)
ZS D2 (D Config) - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Gemcase C9 - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Lone Industries L5 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod SL3 STL 4.8L Rev.1 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto - 185mm** (Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto+ - 185mm** Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
ZS D2 V2 - 186mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod Case MINI LP edit. - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
J-Hack Pure MK2 - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Lazer3D HT5 - 194mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Lazer3D Cravo - 195mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
CAPTAIN CASE V9 - 208mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
REVOCCASES N0RDR1 Nano EVO - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish 2 Plus - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
LZmod A24-V5 V2.0 - 220mm- Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML03 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML04 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish G5 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Bug C1 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
SKTC A10 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Silverstone Milo ML11 - 272mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX

Last edited:

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Funfact, I've ordered the GPU first on Amazon US for ~390€ with shipping to Germany and shortly after that the card was listed on Amazon DE for 367€ with shipping through Amazon US...so I've canceled my first order and got the one directly from Germany. (still the delivery is set to be between 04-13.10.2023) But the MSRP seems to be 329$ which is great! 🥳

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
Last edited:

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
Got my card yesterday, playing around with my current build before I went to work today. A few items to note, along with a few bad pictures (sorry).

The card is longer than 182mm stock, maybe just a hair over 182 'without' the bracket attached, 183+ with the IO bracket attached
The end of the card is very busy, less room for a power connector than I thought, but it does step in from the end to allow some extra room.
Only 4 screws hold on the fans/shroud. One screw is a bit of a pain to reach, flat screwdriver to loosen then Philips to finish
Fan header looks to be a CRJ Micro PH 4-Pin PWM style, one connector for 3 fans.
The top of the heatsink is flush from end to end
The card is silly small,

Ask me anything you would like to know, I can likely get more pictures after work today.

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
The card is longer than 182mm stock, maybe just a hair over 182 'without' the bracket attached, 183+ with the IO bracket attached

This is how length of GPU's is measured, starting from the inside of the PCIe bracket, not the outside.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Got my card yesterday, playing around with my current build before I went to work today. A few items to note, along with a few bad pictures (sorry).

The end of the card is very busy, less room for a power connector than I thought, but it does step in from the end to allow some extra room.
Only 4 screws hold on the fans/shroud. One screw is a bit of a pain to reach, flat screwdriver to loosen then Philips to finish
Fan header looks to be a CRJ Micro PH 4-Pin PWM style, one connector for 3 fans.
The top of the heatsink is flush from end to end
The card is silly small,

Ask me anything you would like to know, I can likely get more pictures after work today.

Wow that is TOIGHT - doesn't fit with the shroud or was this the plan?

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
Wow that is TOIGHT - doesn't fit with the shroud or was this the plan?
I thought it would just fit but I'm going to need to do something to modify the shroud mounting or shorten it by 1mm or so

Since there is a little play in the shroud to the heatsink, I decided to open up the screw holes on the heatsink frame a little and remove a little material from the inside of the shroud for the heatsink tabs and the heatpipe. This should be just about enough to fit the shroud inside my 182mm ID case without any visible modification.

Last edited:

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Found a first "review" on YouTube

He manages to undervolt it so it only draws 100W with practically no performance loss! With that undervolt the GPU sits at 67C with fans spinning at 70% speed on an open bench. This looks very promising.

Now I am really considering ordering it from Amazon US (at a 70EUR premium over a "normal" 4060) because it's still nowhere in sight at European retailers 🥲

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Found a first "review" on YouTube

He manages to undervolt it so it only draws 100W with practically no performance loss! With that undervolt the GPU sits at 67C with fans spinning at 70% speed on an open bench. This looks very promising.

Now I am really considering ordering it from Amazon US (at a 70EUR premium over a "normal" 4060) because it's still nowhere in sight at European retailers 🥲

I'd hold off a little while longer. Looks like Amazon US still doesn't have any stock either so the delivery date is an estimate. Their global shipping is super fast, so you won't loose a lot of time if you wait for stock before ordering.

I'm seeing the card pop up in stores in the Baltic so it should arrive in western Europe soon I hope.