News Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX RTX 4060 Low Profile

Gigabyte is creating an RTX 4060 low-profile card: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/g...-be-the-first-low-profile-ada-lovelace-design

3 fans, single 8-pin, 2 slots.

Pie in the sky, but would love to see an RTX 4060ti (or more crazy RTX 4070) model at some point.

___

16/01/2023 Addendum

ASUS now has a 4060 Low Profile card.
188mm, triple fan.

___

19/04/2024 Addendum

Galax has a card
182mm, triple fan, but the PCIE cable is at the front which will affect clearance without a custom solution.
Will advise to look for something slightly bigger

Cases these will fit into (double check before you buy, not everything is available):

Lenovo P3/P360 ULTRA - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)/Adapter Needed
ZS A4DC V3 - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)
ZS D2 (D Config) - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Gemcase C9 - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Lone Industries L5 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod SL3 STL 4.8L Rev.1 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto - 185mm** (Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto+ - 185mm** Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
ZS D2 V2 - 186mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod Case MINI LP edit. - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
J-Hack Pure MK2 - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Lazer3D HT5 - 194mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Lazer3D Cravo - 195mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
CAPTAIN CASE V9 - 208mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
REVOCCASES N0RDR1 Nano EVO - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish 2 Plus - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
LZmod A24-V5 V2.0 - 220mm- Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML03 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML04 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish G5 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Bug C1 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
SKTC A10 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Silverstone Milo ML11 - 272mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX

Last edited:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Reactions: ondert

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
For anyone else in the southern hemisphere, B&H Photo sent mine via DHL Express to Melbourne, Australia.

Ordered early hours of 4th (AEST), delivered to my door the afternoon of the 8th.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
https://www.ksn-online.co.uk/newgig...gddr6pci-express-402475mhz17000m-p-24397.html - that well-known UK etailer 🤣

I wonder how long it will be for the UK 'usual suspects' to have stock?
That site looks super sketchy to me, one of those that suddenly turns out not to be in the UK after you have ordered.
No mention of a UK address, but a note about plans for 2010 on one of their pages!
When I'm looking around I'll look at some of the lesser-known (still legit) sites like Ballicom or Quzo. Had good service from both of them.

Reactions: Arboreal

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
https://www.ksn-online.co.uk/newgig...gddr6pci-express-402475mhz17000m-p-24397.html - that well known UK etailer 🤣

I wonder how long it will be for the UK 'usual suspects' to have stock?
That site looks super sketchy to me, one of those that suddenly turns out not to be in the UK after you have ordered.
No mention of a UK address, but a note about plans for 2010 on one of their pages!
Yeah this is not a shop i’m going to order. As this moment since I just sold my rtx a2000, I’ve been eagerly waiting it to be available in the UK.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Yeah this is not a shop i’m going to order. As this moment since I just sold my rtx a2000, I’ve been eagerly waiting it to be available in the UK.

The 4060 should be a good step up from the A2000. Let's hope the supplied to UK and EU start coming in soon

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
I've realised a simple solution to the ~182mm clearance in my ZS-A4DC, possibly being insufficient to accommodate the 4060LP. I can just install the alternate backplate for the chassis between the chassis body and the front panel, gaining three whole extra millimetres!! 😃

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
This card just became available locally where I live (middle EU). This theoretical question and for the sake of example, let's assume that I have a case like the Densium 4+ but a bit shorter. So small case, designed for ITX gpu's, but it can also barely fit this LP card.
Which 4060 is the better pick between the Gigabyte LP or the Zotac SOLO? Performance is identical, the debate is pretty much only on design and how that results in temps and noise.

• The SOLO can fill the case better, but that might not necessarily be a good thing - especially if it has a completely closed front plate, so the air coming out on the side gets blocked immediately. Heatsink is bigger however. A single fan does all the work.
  • As for the LP card, it has a vertically finned heatsink, so heat is directed better and potentially can leave the case faster, yet it's a smaller heatsink. We have 3 fans here, that might result in a quieter operation at load, however they are smaller. The Zotac fan is about 90mm-ish and could potentially be swapped to a 92mm slim noctua.

So the question is, if you have just about 183mm length (so the Windforce 192mm long, big heatsink, 90mm dual-fanned card is not an option) but have the height of regular ITX gpu's, which would be the better pick in a sandwich-style case?

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Here a quick comparison against the A2000 12GB version;

I was also surprised he was able to run this on a 240W PSU (with a i7-2600)

Running it in that Optiplex was just a bit sketchy! Good comparison with a welcome helping of Dawid humour and janky hardware.

The 4060 LP is going to be really useful to a lot of SFF builders, thanks Gigabyte

Reactions: rfarmer

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
This card just became available locally where I live (middle EU). This theoretical question and for the sake of example, let's assume that I have a case like the Densium 4+ but a bit shorter. So small case, designed for ITX gpu's, but it can also barely fit this LP card.
Which 4060 is the better pick between the Gigabyte LP or the Zotac SOLO? Performance is identical, the debate is pretty much only on design and how that results in temps and noise.

• The SOLO can fill the case better, but that might not necessarily be a good thing - especially if it has a completely closed front plate, so the air coming out on the side gets blocked immediately. Heatsink is bigger however. A single fan does all the work.
  • As for the LP card, it has a vertically finned heatsink, so heat is directed better and potentially can leave the case faster, yet it's a smaller heatsink. We have 3 fans here, that might result in a quieter operation at load, however they are smaller. The Zotac fan is about 90mm-ish and could potentially be swapped to a 92mm slim noctua.

So the question is, if you have just about 183mm length (so the Windforce 192mm long, big heatsink, 90mm dual-fanned card is not an option) but have the height of regular ITX gpu's, which would be the better pick in a sandwich-style case?
I would definitely go for the Zotac. You have practically twice as much heatsink to work with and the single, larger fan should be much quieter. The only baffling thing about that card to me is horizontal fin stack but a relatively restrictive PCIe bracket... so maybe try finding a CPIe bracket from another card with the same port layout, but more holes in it.

b_force

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2019
Running it in that Optiplex was just a bit sketchy! Good comparison with a welcome helping of Dawid humour and janky hardware.

The 4060 LP is going to be really useful to a lot of SFF builders, thanks Gigabyte
Would a 300W PSU be adequate?

With something like a 5600X or thereabouts.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Sweet, ordered one and should be here tomorrow. Megekko is usually the first shop to stock gpu's so others should follow quickly now.