News Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX RTX 4060 Low Profile

Gigabyte is creating an RTX 4060 low-profile card: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/g...-be-the-first-low-profile-ada-lovelace-design

3 fans, single 8-pin, 2 slots.

Pie in the sky, but would love to see an RTX 4060ti (or more crazy RTX 4070) model at some point.

___

16/01/2023 Addendum

ASUS now has a 4060 Low Profile card.
188mm, triple fan.

___

19/04/2024 Addendum

Galax has a card
182mm, triple fan, but the PCIE cable is at the front which will affect clearance without a custom solution.
Will advise to look for something slightly bigger

Cases these will fit into (double check before you buy, not everything is available):

Lenovo P3/P360 ULTRA - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)/Adapter Needed
ZS A4DC V3 - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)
ZS D2 (D Config) - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Gemcase C9 - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Lone Industries L5 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod SL3 STL 4.8L Rev.1 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto - 185mm** (Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto+ - 185mm** Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
ZS D2 V2 - 186mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod Case MINI LP edit. - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
J-Hack Pure MK2 - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Lazer3D HT5 - 194mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Lazer3D Cravo - 195mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
CAPTAIN CASE V9 - 208mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
REVOCCASES N0RDR1 Nano EVO - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish 2 Plus - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
LZmod A24-V5 V2.0 - 220mm- Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML03 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML04 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish G5 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Bug C1 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
SKTC A10 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Silverstone Milo ML11 - 272mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX

Last edited:

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
Many Intel and AMD chips can be tuned to draw no more than 80-90W. This GPU paired with a tuned CPU should work great on an HDplex GaN 250W psu for some very tight builds

Reactions: Arboreal

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
The ADA A4000 sff model proves that higher end half- height cars are out there but anything of that caliber would cut into the market for those ovperpriced 'professional' cards

Genericseat

Efficiency Noob
Feb 23, 2023
For anyone wondering about the 4060s conpatability with the J-hack pure X: I just measured the gpu area with a ruler and it ended up around 184-185mm.

Reactions: smitty2k1

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Oh man... one step closer to this being an actual real thing!

Call me crazy but I am mainly curious to see how this will perform at 70-80W for a direct comparison to the RTX A2000.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Damn that escalated quickly! My Stratos X has just been shipped and I woke up to this gpu being real. What to do... I'll definitely sell my A2000 and get this later if the price is reasonable and how am I going to fit this into the case?

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
Product sku for this card looks like GV-N4060OC-8GL for those obsessing and searching for a retailer.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
This card seems to be designed very well.
  • vertically finned heatsink for better and quicker heat dissipation
  • not one, not two, but triple fans that fully cover the heatsink
  • 4 full-sized header... on a LP gpu?! (not like I would use them, but still)
Yet I can't help but think that they should've made a longer heatsink as it seems shorter than the shroud and there's still some empty space left underneath the third fan.
It also does have a single 8pin connector according to the specs sheet, so it won't be 70w but the regular 110w but that was to be expected I guess.

With the vertical heatsink, the ZS A4DC V3 might not be the best idea as the psu would block airflow of the gpu. The Lazer3D HT5 seems like a good candidate for this.

Last edited:

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
This card seems to be designed very well.
  • vertically finned heatsink for better and quicker heat dissipation
  • not one, not two, but triple fans that fully cover the heatsink
  • 4 full-sized header... on a LP gpu?! (not like I would use them, but still)
Yet I can't help but think that they should've made a longer heatsink as it seems shorter than the shroud and there's still some empty space left underneath the third fan.
It also does have a single 8pin connector according to the specs sheet, so it won't be 70w but the regular 110w but that was to be expected I guess.
The empty space underneath the third fan is where the 8pin connector exits. There really is no other place to put it but at the back, so they need to "reserve" that space for the cable sticking out.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
The empty space underneath the third fan is where the 8pin connector exits. There really is no other place to put it but at the back, so they need to "reserve" that space for the cable sticking out.
Actually that's very reasonable. They definitely don't want to increase it's height, so this is practically the only option. 90 or 180 degree adapters would probably needed here depending on the case.

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Actually that's very reasonable. They definitely don't want to increase it's height, so this is practically the only option. 90 or 180 degree adapters would probably needed here depending on the case.
It looks like the heat pipe goes all the way to the back of the shroud before bending backwards though, so I don't think you can gain a lot of mm by trimming the shroud.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016

There's a 180 degree heatpipe bend under the shroud where there are no fins. I imagine it's very hard to put fins around such a tight bend while keeping proper contact with it. You'll notice this on most heatsinks with heatpipe bends.

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
Seeing updated news articles pop up this morning

Suggesting the card will be launched this month, I have not been able to track the source of this release date yet

Last edited:

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
With the vertical heatsink, the ZS A4DC V3 might not be the best idea as the psu would block airflow of the gpu. The Lazer3D HT5 seems like a good candidate for this.
Have you got room under the spine for a slim fan on the V3? I can squeeze a couple of these in the bottom of my V1 and a couple more at the top.

Makes the HDPlex 250W GaN a run a lot cooler, and they're only 10.8mm thick.

Reactions: BaK and Arboreal

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
I have this guy in hand and cannot wait to try and fit this card with a HDplex 250W GaN and a Noctua L12S Ghost edition cooler, gonna be a tight fit, especially at the 24pin

Reactions: rfarmer

Denzed

Efficiency Noob
Sep 4, 2022
I have this guy in hand and cannot wait to try and fit this card with a HDplex 250W GaN and a Noctua L12S Ghost edition cooler, gonna be a tight fit, especially at the 24pin
I could not make it fit without extending the case in some way, -- either corner pieces or power+USB connectors blocked it. I had successfully tried two options with either front or top mounting using M3 brass standoffs.
What was your idea? I am currently working on a CNCd top hat with a 3D-printed prototype already tested (however, the final design would be a bit different to reduce machining cost)

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
I could not make it fit without extending the case in some way, -- either corner pieces or power+USB connectors blocked it. I had successfully tried two options with either front or top mounting using M3 brass standoffs.
What was your idea? I am currently working on a CNCd top hat with a 3D-printed prototype already tested (however, the final design would be a bit different to reduce machining cost)
Right now the working theory is to place the GaN unit as high above the motherboard as possible, flat against the front panel and route the 24pin wires below the psu and behind the pcb of the motherboard.
Going to use one of these I have on hand to attempt it.

I also can lower the MB ~2mm by swapping the 6mm supplied standoffs to ~4mm. Which I may do if I need more room between the 24pin header and the HDplex housing, So far it looks promising.

Any of this really is possible because the front panel can be rotated 180degrees, putting the power button and USB header on the GPU end of the case.

I also am using a Noctua L12S ghost edition CPU cooler and I changed the heat-pipe orientation to point towards the GPU slot and that freed up room around the RAM slots (was previously extending beyond the RAM slots with the 120x15mm fan between the fins and RAM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denzed and BaK

Denzed

Efficiency Noob
Sep 4, 2022
Right now the working theory is to place the GaN unit as high above the motherboard as possible, flat against the front panel and route the 24pin wires below the psu and behind the pcb of the motherboard.
Going to use one of these I have on hand to attempt it.

I also can lower the MB ~2mm by swapping the 6mm supplied standoffs to ~4mm. Which I may do if I need more room between the 24pin header and the HDplex housing, So far it looks promising.

Any of this really is possible because the front panel can be rotated 180degrees, putting the power button and USB header on the GPU end of the case.

I also am using a Noctua L12S ghost edition CPU cooler and I changed the heat-pipe orientation to point towards the GPU slot and that freed up room around the RAM slots (was previously extending beyond the RAM slots with the 120x15mm fan between the fins and RAM.
The standoff idea is pretty neat, -- that's also how you are going to put in the 66mm cooler in a 65mm constrained case!
About the front panel rotation: front USB may interfere with the motherboard (however, I am not sure it still stands with the MB standoff idea), so I had to use lower height standoffs for it making the port protrude slightly out of the case. I was thinking about overlaying it by using some 3D-printed "decal" but then the case extension idea came up.

All in all, I love the simplicity of this case's design allowing for all these non-destructive modifications :)

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
No more I/O shield then