Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Do you have a particular order in which you are fulfilling the orders? Would it be possible to share rough expected shipping dates with everyone still waiting?
I have an exported xml file that was created by the webpage. Im going from the first one to the last. I can assemble around 10-15 cases per week, due to I have a fulltime job in the side. In this rate I can send all the cases in the next 2 weeks. The distros take the longest ?.

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
I have an exported xml file that was created by the webpage. Im going from the first one to the last. I can assemble around 10-15 cases per week, due to I have a fulltime job in the side. In this rate I can send all the cases in the next 2 weeks. The distros take the longest ?.
Thanks for the update! Appreciate the work you are putting into this.

Reactions: diceboii13

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Guys maybe chill a bit? Its a single guy trying to get these out, this stuff is hard and a lot of work.

Be patient.

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
We talk about a update once a week for shipping, it's not like we ask daily how the development is going. That is doable even for a one man show. Other project did update that every few days from their side without having buyers asking for it even, so I don't see the problem.

Last edited:

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
If updates aren't provided every couple of days, why can't the sequence in which they will be shipped be shared with people who are still waiting? The cases are supposedly all manufactured, so the order in which they will be fulfilled should be somewhat predictable. It would take 15 minutes to post a "x out of y shipped" type message every couple of days that would at least demonstrate some kind of progress.

The whole operation comes across disorganized and unprofessional at this point.

Reactions: TheBigG

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
We talk about a update once a week for shipping, it's not like we ask daily how the development is going. That is doable even for a one man show. Other project did update that every few days from their side without having buyers asking for it even, so I don't see the problem.
If updates aren't provided every couple of days, why can't the sequence in which they will be shipped be shared with people who are still waiting? The cases are supposedly all manufactured, so the order in which they will be fulfilled should be somewhat predictable. It would take 15 minutes to post a "x out of y shipped" type message every couple of days that would at least demonstrate some kind of progress.

The whole operation comes across disorganized and unprofessional at this point.
The guy has a full time job and has to assemble and ship these. And I'm sure he has a life outside of just working and assembling cases, being able to sleep is nice as well.

Usually the deal with these smalltime boutique cases is that you'll get them when you'll get them, eventually, constant updates aren't the norm. The Flow is extremely fairly priced as well, so I don't think there's much of a margin there, cut the guy some slack.

I'd much prefer he isn't burned out by the first batch, and I'll be happily awaiting the second.

Last edited:

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Daily updates are not required, but predictability of updates is important. If everyone could count on a consistent weekly update, then people would check in on that day and stop asking for updates. Dice decided to post updates in this erratic fashion where he appears and then disappears so it's not really surprising people are getting anxious.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Sorry guys for the lack of updates, but I have a lot of works near that. As I said before, Ill ship a bigger batch this weekend, and I want to share some photos of it soon. As I see before you will see email notification about the shipped cases around monday or tuesday. I have a problem with the courier is not coming to my location to pick up the packages, so I have to move all of them to the post service's adress. Considering those boxes are 5-6kgs and have the size of 400x400x200mm it takes time. That gonna be solved I hope. Other than that as I said before with that rate, I will ship all the remaining cases (thats not sent in this batch) at the end of the next week. There are 3 or 4 cases where I find some deffects, that I had to repalce. These are the only ones can be delayed a week.

SisK0

Efficiency Noob
May 3, 2017
Hey people, do not despair, the boxes are already manufactured despite all the problems (coronavirus included), it could have been worse.

Reactions: D10S