Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

Kokin

Cable Smoosher
Aug 20, 2020
I always connect everything together outside the case for the first boot, just prop things on top of the motherboard box and verify that it POSTs successfully before doing anything involving a case. It should be just one extra step to check the PCIe 4.0 settings. Is this not common practice?
I do this to check for dead components too, but I don't think this is common practice unless you've done a bunch of builds before. It might even be more common to see people put their motherboards on the case first before putting the CPU/cooler/RAM/NVME on.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
I always connect everything together outside the case for the first boot, just prop things on top of the motherboard box and verify that it POSTs successfully before doing anything involving a case. It should be just one extra step to check the PCIe 4.0 settings. Is this not common practice?

I think its good practice but not common practice, nor is it efficient.

I personally think its a waste of time to pre-test a pc out of the case, I've build quite a bunch of them and only had issues with one so far *knocks on wood* to the point where I had to tear it all down again, so its been a net time gain.

Ofc i'm talking about standard hardware here, if modifications to the actual hardware were made, none of it would come near the case until its confirmed working.

cobalt60

Chassis Packer
Aug 16, 2018

Well I don't have to worry about that. mine's been technically outside for the past couple of months ?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
You can kinda see it in the second pic when I took a close up pic of the flowmeter. It's in the top right of the flowmeter
Oh yeah, I see now. Sorry I try everything to prevent the cases from dust, also I sanatize them, but its hard. I hope you will love the case. Dont forget to test the distro in terms of leaks, because shipping can cause the screws to lose a bit of tightness.

Reactions: ductapeme

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Hey, @diceboii13 is there a place for the PSU plug? I noticed my case isn't like the demo case you were showing off and I don't see an opening for the PSU plug.
In the 3slot ones, there are just a hole for the cable under the IO shield. You can plug together in, or outside the case. That was the only solution, to not block the tubing in dual rad configs.

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
I want to order my water-cooling parts this weekend. And it will be my first build.
I'll go for soft tubes as my hardware will probably change the upcoming half year (and it seems easier for a first time build). When the hardware is final I might change to hard tubes.

Do you guys go for x-flow rads or normal ones? I was looking at the NexXxos ST30.
What diameter you'll take for the tubing? 11/8? 16/10?

Thx in advance

ThisIsForBruce

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
I want to order my water-cooling parts this weekend. And it will be my first build.
I'll go for soft tubes as my hardware will probably change the upcoming half year (and it seems easier for a first time build). When the hardware is final I might change to hard tubes.

Do you guys go for x-flow rads or normal ones? I was looking at the NexXxos ST30.
What diameter you'll take for the tubing? 11/8? 16/10?

Thx in advance
Depends how much stuff you’re running in your loop. X-flow rads are great for low restriction when you’re running multiple components on one pump (or if you want to run your pump at a very low idle speed when on a light load). I’m running a single UT60 dual 40mm x-flow rad on the GPU side of the case and it didn’t effect flow rates on my loop almost at all. The ST30 will work great though, just don’t cheap out on fans. As for tubing — in SFF builds I usually try and go with the smallest OD tubing possible. I’m using 12/10 hard tubing for my build.