Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Yes, it is!

Ill ship the rest of them thursday (excluding some failed parts I find, and have to replace. I think its 6 cases). I run out of packing material, and it take more than a week to get the foam, and bubble wrap. The country is going crazy in this pandemic. Anyways, the shipping seems slowed down, I contacted with them and they told me the shipping time can be a week, or 2-3 weeks depending on the destination. To the US its around a week but inside Europe its much longer, I dont know why.
Eagerly awaiting my case! The O11D Mini reviews dropped this last week and I had to seriously restrain myself from getting one as I wait for this to finally arrive...

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Eagerly awaiting my case! The O11D Mini reviews dropped this last week and I had to seriously restrain myself from getting one as I wait for this to finally arrive...
LOL, same here... In fact I'm still on the cusp of pulling the trigger. I'll decide on Thursday depending on whether I get that shipping notification. I managed to get my hands on a 5900X (from an actual store, not a scalper) so I really don't want it to sit in the box longer than necessary!

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
The O11D Mini reviews dropped this last week and I had to seriously restrain myself from getting one as I wait for this to finally arrive...
LOL, same here... In fact I'm still on the cusp of pulling the trigger.
What's so great about the O11D Mini? Its 43L so not even MFF and seems like it can't even fit that much, kinda pointless in comparison with the regular O11D?

Am I missing something?

• Haha
Reactions: riba2233 and D10S

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
All the components that I got for this case would fit into an O11D Mini and it's just ever so slightly more compact than the O11D in which I'd have even more wasted space. And I like the looks of it.
Same, it's just really good looking and has enough space for a triple 280 setup with ITX or mATX. The flexibility to go mATX or full ATX in the future is nice, and honestly its a newer and better thought out case than the O11D original. They learned quite a few things from their original design that they've fixed (front feet, mounting points, etc).

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
1: Yes its true and I thinked about it when I was designing the case. The problem is the pump. There are a lot of different pumps in the market I have to make sure there is enough space for them even in 2 slot variants. The tolerance between the PSU and the pump is really close in 2 slot setups with slightly bigger pumps, thats why I also added some 5mm spacers to the package, that can lift the distro forward a bit. But maybe a bit longer case can make it work.
I have the aquacomputer d5 next, and the 2 slot version does it fit? Sadly the shipping was delayed so much that i can't return anything anymore 😢

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
2: The flow meter is flipped as I saw in the picture. 😁 There is some bumps in the flowmeter to prevent touching with the sides, but if its flipped, one of the side has 2 times bigger space and the other can touch the inside wall of the channel. If the issue is still there losing the screws a bit can solve it.

I tried the flow meter both ways as I wasn't sure which way it was installed the first time. This was the second try. But hey, it does work now

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I have the aquacomputer d5 next, and the 2 slot version does it fit? Sadly the shipping was delayed so much that i can't return anything anymore 😢
Sorry about it. It was a strange year, and I make some bad decisions aswell that I have to solve in the next versions. The maximum height of the D5 is 64.5 mm that is supported. If you measure the pump you have I can tell it 100%. 😁

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
Sorry about it. It was a strange year, and I make some bad decisions aswell that I have to solve in the next versions. The maximum height of the D5 is 64.5 mm that is supported. If you measure the pump you have I can tell it 100%. 😁
65 mm if measured like in the picture from the metal ring

And 75 mm with the pump wheel

Magz

Chassis Packer
Jun 29, 2019
My case (no.13) arrived today 🥳

Now to order the remaining parts and start the build.

edit: it was nicely packed and no damage at all. The finish on it is great. Will post pics once I start the build.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer and D10S

Kokin

Cable Smoosher
Aug 20, 2020
  1. Bubbles keep adhering to the distro plate, not a functional problem, more of a esthetic issue
  2. When starting the system, the pump goes in high speed for a few seconds resulting in air from the distro being sucked into the system again. That way it seems near impossible to me to get an air free system. Does anyone have the same problem?

I'd suggest putting in 2-3 drops of dish soap to break the water tension which should cause those bubbles to go away. It shouldn't cause any coolant issues or block issues from my own experience, but only do this for distilled water loops and not pre-mixed coolants (pastels).

It usually takes anywhere from a few days to a week for micro bubbles to make their way out of your components (blocks/pump/fittings/rads), I suggest running your pump at 100% for the first few days to help quicken the bleeding process.

Reactions: xunilon and Tossy

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
I've used clear EK Cryo Fluid (concentrate mixed with demi water) for the loop. I'm a bit worried about interaction between the soap and the Cryo Fluid. I don't find the bubbles that irritating and they seem to go away a few by the day.
I'll take your advice and run the pump on full speed the first days.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019

I think you're gonna struggle with that pump matey, on account of all the extra bits and bobs that Aquacomputer decided to bolt onto the bottom of the pump. Based on product photos, it looks like all the important control bits are integrated into the add-on units, so you'll probably need to either procure a new D5 pump of a more standard configuration or to crimp yourself an extension cable so you can relocate that control unit somewhere else (It's difficult to tell from the photos, looks like the pump body connects to the control unit using somer sort of JST connector, but without having one of those pumps on hand, I can't really tell which exact JST connector that is)

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Any information on how many cases went out today? How many are left to be fulfilled?

This puppy needs a home...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Any information on how many cases went out today? How many are left to be fulfilled?

This puppy needs a home...

16 cases went out, and 7 is still there. Those 7 have to get some replacements. The distros for extra large expands are too tall, so I have to replace them.