Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I want to order my water-cooling parts this weekend. And it will be my first build.
I'll go for soft tubes as my hardware will probably change the upcoming half year (and it seems easier for a first time build). When the hardware is final I might change to hard tubes.

Do you guys go for x-flow rads or normal ones? I was looking at the NexXxos ST30.
What diameter you'll take for the tubing? 11/8? 16/10?

Thx in advance
I'm not recommend xflow rads. Depends on the orientation, the pump or the IO shield can block the way for your tubes. I also has an ST30 and works really well with the case. If it's the 280mm one.

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
Thx for your advice.

I'm planning on integrating the CPU first. The GPU later on when I got a new one.

Nonetheless I'll start with two 280mm ST30. I want to avoid compatibility issues in the future, so the normal versions seems the better choice.

Reactions: diceboii13

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
To anyone interested in the 3080/3090 reference pcb, palit seems to be a solid choice.

i must admit it looks much better in real life than in stock photos IMHO. As well, for being a "cheap reference" design, this is milles away in quality and sturdiness compared to something like a 2080ti Zotac X3.

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Thx for your advice.

I'm planning on integrating the CPU first. The GPU later on when I got a new one.

Nonetheless I'll start with two 280mm ST30. I want to avoid compatibility issues in the future, so the normal versions seems the better choice.
I'd also recommend against XFlow unless there's some tube run issue that it solves. With the full-size DDC and D5 options available in this case, you should have no issue with restrictive flow. I plan on putting two HWLabs 280GTS Rads in it with an EK D5 PWM pump.

As for tubing, 10/13 seems to be the most often used tube size for soft tubing, although I use 10/16 ZMT from EK (matte black rubber rather than clear).

Just make sure you buy fittings that are correct, and note that Hardline fittings are different than soft tubing fittings. So if you switch tubing later, you will need to switch fittings.

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
I'm not recommend xflow rads. Depends on the orientation, the pump or the IO shield can block the way for your tubes. I also has an ST30 and works really well with the case. If it's the 280mm one.
I bought 2 240mm X-Flow rads from HWLabs... are you saying they won't fit?

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
I'd also recommend against XFlow unless there's some tube run issue that it solves. With the full-size DDC and D5 options available in this case, you should have no issue with restrictive flow. I plan on putting two HWLabs 280GTS Rads in it with an EK D5 PWM pump.

As for tubing, 10/13 seems to be the most often used tube size for soft tubing, although I use 10/16 ZMT from EK (matte black rubber rather than clear).

Just make sure you buy fittings that are correct, and note that Hardline fittings are different than soft tubing fittings. So if you switch tubing later, you will need to switch fittings.

Yeah, I noticed that the fittings are different for hard and soft tubing. I went for 11/8 in the end as diameter doesn't seem to impact the performance that much while the tubing and fittings are much cheaper.

I also got myself a memory upgrade this week during the Prime Days. 32Gb Crucial Ballistics and 2Tb MX500. So no worries about the size of the gaming library anymore :thumb:

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
Hey, I kinda lost rack of everything and havent been paying attention. I put in an order.....how can i follow up ?

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
@diceboii13 can we have some sort of an update with the cases?

As well, do you have the measurements of the pci riser. I want to grab a pci 4.0 as it will be a pain to reset the bios and the whole thing not working at all. Is it straight or it has a right angle at the end?

ywori

Trash Compacter
Jul 6, 2018
Hi Dice,

I haven't posted in a while and would still like to give you time for the 2 slot cases to arrive. Have you shipped them out yet?

Thank you.

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
Finally got my stuff today. One step further to my first water-cooling build ?

Reactions: D10S

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
No but I can post them here when I’m done.
I guess it’s worth mentioning I’ll be using an SFX-L power supply but I don’t know how much difference it would actually make.
It's a difference of 30mm so at worst you just add 30mm to each cable.

Please do post the lengths when you get them done! Would be appreciated.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
@diceboii13 can we have some sort of an update with the cases?

As well, do you have the measurements of the pci riser. I want to grab a pci 4.0 as it will be a pain to reset the bios and the whole thing not working at all. Is it straight or it has a right angle at the end?

Here are the dimensions:
Hi Dice,

I haven't posted in a while and would still like to give you time for the 2 slot cases to arrive. Have you shipped them out yet?

Thank you.
First 2 slots are in the post office, as I got tracking numbers, I'll send it. Sorry for the lack of reply, I've been sick this week.. but I have more time to assemble and send the cases.

Reactions: Lexmaster

ywori

Trash Compacter
Jul 6, 2018
Here are the dimensions:
First 2 slots are in the post office, as I got tracking numbers, I'll send it. Sorry for the lack of reply, I've been sick this week.. but I have more time to assemble and send the cases.
No worries Dice, I can wait as long as you keep me informed. Get well first, health takes priority.

Reactions: iwe and D10S

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Do you have a particular order in which you are fulfilling the orders? Would it be possible to share rough expected shipping dates with everyone still waiting?