Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Some post productions distros made by @alauder !

And some leaks about the non leaking previous one :p

wertigon

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2019
Since the "extra" space for extenders in front would just be a plain acrylic either way, wonder if it would be a good idea to also have those as single line distro options as an alternative? Either for an extra access point for easy fill/drain, or just for aesthetic purposes / making the system more "busy".

Heck, you could even have ports facing the front, add a copper tube and voila you have a handle. :D Though that does sound kinda risky...

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Because the extra space will be a single sheet of acrylic due to the structure, it cant function as an extra distro, or fillport, but the aesthetic purposes sounds good. We gonna take some nice photos about it, and if needed we can add some spice to it. :p

That handle thing sounds dope!

HeadwithV

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 10, 2019
Looking for a A4 case with "real" water cooling support and i found this.
Some question to ask, will it have any transparent side panel or power on button in the future?
I am looking forward to the final results.??

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Looking for a A4 case with "real" water cooling support and i found this.
Some question to ask, will it have any transparent side panel or power on button in the future?
I am looking forward to the final results.??
Yes there will be acrylic for sure, or glass if im lucky with prices. Power buttons are just made, its got my custon logo lighting in the middle :p

Reactions: DrHudacris

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
Hole/Socket for extension power cable can be pain, when you try connect CPU waterblock and bottom radiator with hard tube. More better if you can move this hole and cable socket to the top of backplate and hide cable at top case corner. Also it will look better then long black cord at middle of case.
Or move it to GPU side. I'm afraid about how to connect CPU->Bottom rad -> GPU with hard tube and will not be blocked by power cable/socket.

Last edited:

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Hole/Socket for extension power cable can be pain, when you try connect CPU waterblock and bottom radiator with hard tube. More better if you can move this hole and cable socket to the top of backplate and hide cable at top case corner. Also it will look better then long black cord at middle of case.
Or move it to GPU side. I'm afraid about how to connect CPU->Bottom rad -> GPU with hard tube and will not be blocked by power cable/socket.
Thats so true! I think about that earlier. The best way will be in the middle of the case at the cpu side, in the backplate. In the current design there is no hole for this socket because I need to talk that with my manufacturer. The only problem with it is the aesthetic. But we will solve this dont worry.

I this weekend I got the first modell of the fresh design, to test it, so I gonna figure it out. Some pictures are coming as well!

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
This case remind me to my Hexgear, the best case for watercooling to me (yes, he too with his little flaws, certainly)
But i think you are on the way of "masterpiece" Mr @diceboii13 !

• Love

Whippler

Trash Compacter
Nov 11, 2019
Hi @diceboii13 My current x99, 5930k PC, almost 5 years old now, has started to show its age and has problems with running all the ram. So i looked to go SFF for my next PC and iv been lurking in r/sffpc to find a suitable case. My current fractal R6 has 360x40, and 280x45 rads. I contemplated on evolv shift X and modding it to fit one of my rads for few days before i stumbled upon this project! This case is definitely going to be it!

I think i will go with 9700k, and the Asrock z390 Phantom Gaming itx board. and 1080ti from my current PC. I'm hoping to find a good deal on black friday for the new hardware. Looks like your case is still a month or two away from final design? Ques i'll have to put the itx hardware into my R6, until i can get my hands on this case.

- Any news on the tempered glass sidepanels?
- How long gpu can you fit into the case? is the pump going to limit the length?
- I will be putting the 280x45 rad at the top. Could it be possible to fit/mount two 3.5" hard drives AND two 140 intake fans to the bottom when its fully extended? I know the HDDs will block a lot of the airflow but maybe there could be enough of a gap to do it?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Hi @diceboii13 My current x99, 5930k PC, almost 5 years old now, has started to show its age and has problems with running all the ram. So i looked to go SFF for my next PC and iv been lurking in r/sffpc to find a suitable case. My current fractal R6 has 360x40, and 280x45 rads. I contemplated on evolv shift X and modding it to fit one of my rads for few days before i stumbled upon this project! This case is definitely going to be it!

I think i will go with 9700k, and the Asrock z390 Phantom Gaming itx board. and 1080ti from my current PC. I'm hoping to find a good deal on black friday for the new hardware. Looks like your case is still a month or two away from final design? Ques i'll have to put the itx hardware into my R6, until i can get my hands on this case.

- Any news on the tempered glass sidepanels?
- How long gpu can you fit into the case? is the pump going to limit the length?
- I will be putting the 280x45 rad at the top. Could it be possible to fit/mount two 3.5" hard drives AND two 140 intake fans to the bottom when its fully extended? I know the HDDs will block a lot of the airflow but maybe there could be enough of a gap to do it?
Hi Whippler!

to answer your questions:
-The tempered glass panels will be a 20-30 usd plus, in my current knowledge, but its not fixed yet.
-301mm long GPUs are okey, with the pump. Without the pump I think any gpu will fit. I need to measure it with the DDC pumps.
- With 2x2,5" its possible because you can mount it in the other side of the plate, than the fans. But 3,5" drives are to big so there is no mounting to them. Phisically its possible to mount the fans to the bottom expandable plate, but its not ideal (but possible :p)
I hope it helped a bit!

Reactions: D10S

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I've always been an air cooling guy, and appreciated water cooling, but never wanted to fuss with it... The more you show of this case, the more I think I'm going to fuss with water cooling. This case continues to impress, and I really can't wait to see the final product. :)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I've always been an air cooling guy, and appreciated water cooling, but never wanted to fuss with it... The more you show of this case, the more I think I'm going to fuss with water cooling. This case continues to impress, and I really can't wait to see the final product. :)
You will turn to the dark side soon son! ? ? Thanks for those kind words man!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brude27