Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
MS Edge (Chrome), Firefox Mobile, Chrome Dev mobile (open site on it first time and pop up was, reload page and pop up disappear and not show any more).

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Finally got the price offer, and it mathces with my expectations, so everything turned out well! In the week we gonna improve the design, to save some money for you guys, and check the surface treatment! Second, and hopefully final prototype is on the way, so everything looks alright! The manufacturer said in november the prototypes can be done, so slightly, but I hope we can start the preordering in December.

Reactions: dKenGuru

nikit

Efficiency Noob
Aug 16, 2019
Finally got the price offer, and it mathces with my expectations, so everything turned out well! In the week we gonna improve the design, to save some money for you guys, and check the surface treatment! Second, and hopefully final prototype is on the way, so everything looks alright! The manufacturer said in november the prototypes can be done, so slightly, but I hope we can start the preordering in December.

For surface treatment will you consider powder coating?

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
For surface treatment will you consider powder coating?
As I talked with the manufacturer, we prefer Anodizing more and more. Its better against scratches and gives a more premium look to it. Btw they said, they work with another company who makes powder coating for Lamborghini bodies so.. who knows ?

The outside elements will be anodized as i know right know, and the inside, will be something else. We will talk about it, as they said in this week so I can't tell you more right now.

Reactions: nikit and srekal34

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Any results from thermal testing?

A lot of people who want to stick 2 rads into their SFF build will likely be interested in silence. And as GN taught us, low noise means low RPM fans that require as few obstructions as possible for drawing in air. A few airflow related questions:
  1. Someone in the thread asked about legs. The final designs still don't show any so I'm curious how the bottom fans are meant to intake any air.
  2. Would be great to see thermal results in several configurations - intake and exhaust, both exhaust, both intake, at various voltages (5/7/12).
  3. Similarly, thermals with different types of side panels would be interesting too. It seems that with either both intake or both exhaust, the side panels will have to be vented or the fans would choke. That is a shame considering those two configurations would likely be most effective as one of the rads would not draw warm air from the other one.
  4. I know the prototypes are done, but the top/bottom vents probably could have had larger slits for air to go through, the cross-bars don't need to be this thick and will likely restrict airflow significantly. Could also produce unintended turbulence, some kind of mesh might have been better. Maybe an optional accessory at some future revision. :)
Curious to see the results and excited about preordering if the numbers check out!

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Hey! The first prototype is on the way to my tester right now, so in a couple days I can share some pictures and results. In the first model there are a lot missing features, but still testable I think, so the thermal results can be basis. We are working on the final prototype, the surface finishes in it, and the price aswell. There will be testings with all the sidepanels, push/pull configs, etc.

I kinda forgot about legs lol, but dont worry there will be. In my opinion, I want rubber legs around 1cm tall. Because of the ventilation design, it can be mount anywhere, so no extra holes needed.

The vent holes are kinda good against turbulence (I tested it with steam). 50% of the surface is vented, seems so much better then simple holes, or some honeycomb design, because of the less restriction.

I hope I can get a minimum of 40 preorders, then everything will be okey :p

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Hey! The first prototype is on the way to my tester right now, so in a couple days I can share some pictures and results. In the first model there are a lot missing features, but still testable I think, so the thermal results can be basis. We are working on the final prototype, the surface finishes in it, and the price aswell. There will be testings with all the sidepanels, push/pull configs, etc.

I kinda forgot about legs lol, but dont worry there will be. In my opinion, I want rubber legs around 1cm tall. Because of the ventilation design, it can be mount anywhere, so no extra holes needed.

The vent holes are kinda good against turbulence (I tested it with steam). 50% of the surface is vented, seems so much better then simple holes, or some honeycomb design, because of the less restriction.

I hope I can get a minimum of 40 preorders, then everything will be okey :p
Still waiting patiently for this to come out! Getting tempted by Sliger's new SV590 but I think the Flow will be smaller and look much cooler with the distro plate.

Kallus

Caliper Novice
Feb 27, 2018
Would you be able to do some kind of blockers to kind of close the gap between the top of the case and distro plate. That's the only improvement i could really think of!

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Would you be able to do some kind of blockers to kind of close the gap between the top of the case and distro plate. That's the only improvement i could really think of!
You could be able to order different kind of distro plates, for your need.

At dicecases.com you can try the configurator. example: if you chose like a large expand you can chose "covered" or "uncovered" in the bottom. The covered will fix the hole, but force you to stay your chosed expand. The uncovered dont cover the hole, but let you change your expand later if you want to upgrade or downsize.

Hoewer, you dont need to order a whole different distroplate if you want to change it, just a new front acrylic panel for the distro. Thats cover the holes, and its the same at every type, just got different heights. Its gives you some kind of upgradability for a relatively good price. ?

Reactions: bricemx

Kallus

Caliper Novice
Feb 27, 2018
You could be able to order different kind of distro plates, for your need.

At dicecases.com you can try the configurator. example: if you chose like a large expand you can chose "covered" or "uncovered" in the bottom. The covered will fix the hole, but force you to stay your chosed expand. The uncovered dont cover the hole, but let you change your expand later if you want to upgrade or downsize.

Hoewer, you dont need to order a whole different distroplate if you want to change it, just a new front acrylic panel for the distro. Thats cover the holes, and its the same at every type, just got different heights. Its gives you some kind of upgradability for a relatively good price. ?
Oh that's super dope, that's basically all i want in my next build! I'd hope to a full loop with 2 two rads or one rad and drives

• Love