Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

zar

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 9, 2021
If you are waiting for a delivery option not even present yet how are you planning to preorder it? :)
I figure my options are:

1) pre-order now from velkase.com
2) wait for the europe distributor deal and order from them.

While option 2 is likely to save some money (I think $60 at most), I'm pretty sure that option 1 will get the case to me faster. Possibly even some weeks faster.

That's what I'm trying to confirm :)

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Would it be correct to assume that pre-ordering directly instead of waiting for the deal to realize, will mean a notably earler delivery for the case?
A direct order would be quicker

Do you have a tentative shipment for those who ordered early December ?
Currently looking to be around Monday for those placed in December, you will receive tracking info soon

velka5simp

Chassis Packer
Aug 27, 2020

First ITX sized ampere gpu for Velka 3 is announced. Hallelujah!
Gainward also released one and MSI made a 3060 in their popular Aero ITX card size!

Reactions: Sziklapeti

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Now if only there existed a reliable PCIE 4.0 riser on the Earth...
I'm not sure a 3060 would see a significant difference running at PCIE4 vs 3. You can see a number of videos on Youtube that compare RTX 3070 and 3080 running at both PCIE 3.0 and 4.0, and even at 4K on high end CPUs, the difference between average, 1% low and 0.1% low FPS is small.

iostream

Cable Smoosher
Jan 3, 2021
I'm not sure a 3060 would see a significant difference running at PCIE4 vs 3. You can see a number of videos on Youtube that compare RTX 3070 and 3080 running at both PCIE 3.0 and 4.0, and even at 4K on high end CPUs, the difference between average, 1% low and 0.1% low FPS is small.
As I understand it, the issue is that if you have it connected to a processor that supports pcie 4, it is extremely buggy regardless of whether or not you're actually using the extra bandwidth because there exists no riser that actually meets the spec

Reactions: Jello

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
But you can manually set the pcie mode in the bios so if you know you do not need the extra bandwith build it outside the case, plug the gpu in directly, set the pcie mode to gen3 then build it with the riser inside the box. No more reliability issue.

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
But you can manually set the pcie mode in the bios so if you know you do not need the extra bandwith build it outside the case, plug the gpu in directly, set the pcie mode to gen3 then build it with the riser inside the box. No more reliability issue.
But you would effectively need to dismantle your system each time you do a BIOS update, because BIOS updates reset the PCIe mode.

Reactions: iostream

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
I see, I did not consider that. I'm usually updating the bios when I build the computer then I do not update it until it is absolutely necessary. Don't fix what's not broken. But that's coming from an Intel user where there are really not that much performance updates with new revisions so I Guess AMD users do need to update to keep performance up to date.

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Happy New Year, everyone. We're getting closer to the re-stock; power supplies are here and will become available in these next few days. Cases are still expected sometime in January. Thanks to all those who have been waiting patiently.

Nice!

Last edited:

iostream

Cable Smoosher
Jan 3, 2021
Does this case come with all necessary screws? I was excited to see that my case had shipped, and I was reading the manual online to see what I was in store for installation-wise, and it seems that page 4 lists that there are 13 total screws, but then the rest of the manual seems to indicate that there are 37 separate screws required for assembly (assuming you want an SSD). Am I reading this right?

alkw

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 20, 2021
Hi all, I just received my Velka 3 rev 2.0 and PSU (pre ordered back in October) and its beautiful. I put everything together, however it seems my power button doesn’t work. When I plug the power switch and power LEDs in, then plug the PSU in, the computer turns on for a second then shuts down. I’ve tried another power button from another case I have and that one turns the computer on and off no problem. Is there anything I can do to fix my current power button, I would want to avoid soldering as much as possible and I’ve seen threads about replacement power switches being too long (granted these threads were about the velka 3 rev 1.X). Thanks in advance.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Does this case come with all necessary screws? I was excited to see that my case had shipped, and I was reading the manual online to see what I was in store for installation-wise, and it seems that page 4 lists that there are 13 total screws, but then the rest of the manual seems to indicate that there are 37 separate screws required for assembly (assuming you want an SSD). Am I reading this right?

All necessary and extra screws are included. Page 4 lists the number of screws needed from the screw box and the case ships assembled with the rest of the 37 screws.

Hi all, I just received my Velka 3 rev 2.0 and PSU (pre ordered back in October) and its beautiful. I put everything together, however it seems my power button doesn’t work. When I plug the power switch and power LEDs in, then plug the PSU in, the computer turns on for a second then shuts down. I’ve tried another power button from another case I have and that one turns the computer on and off no problem. Is there anything I can do to fix my current power button, I would want to avoid soldering as much as possible and I’ve seen threads about replacement power switches being too long (granted these threads were about the velka 3 rev 1.X). Thanks in advance.
Please email me for a button replacement

But you would effectively need to dismantle your system each time you do a BIOS update, because BIOS updates reset the PCIe mode.
Just to get a better understanding, how often do you update your BIOS? I have not had to do it more than once per system to achieve stability.

Kuroneer

Efficiency Noob
Dec 10, 2020
In my case, I've had to update the bios 2 times already (initial + pbo) and I expect one or twice more (incoming AMD firmware changes and maybe a bluetooth fix? I don't know if it's in firmware's or driver's side). That being said, as an anecdotal evidence, I have RTX PCIe4, and mb in AUTO and it works (Gigabyte B550i pro ax rev 1.0).