Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hey everyone, it has been quiet lately. Do know that the Velka 3, 5, and 7 cases and ENP-7660B power supplies are in transit from Asia and I'm expecting to start shipping these out in January.

Hey, do you guys think this rtx 3070 would fit in the velka 5 rev 1? https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-3070-twin-edge

its almost 142 mm in height (barely fits) with no cables attached, but the cables would be recessed in the card a bit so it might not be a problem (?). Anyone tried this card on any velka by any chance?

Late answer but I'll post for others to see. I haven't tested this Zotac card although it should physically fit into VK5 rev 1 as well as the newer ones, judging by the dimensions and photos on their website.

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
That's great to hear. This batch will be the same rev2.0 revisions without any change and only the PSU will be different black with sorter cables?

Sziklapeti

Trash Compacter
Jun 4, 2020
Damn. Went to preorder it as I got excited of the stock info and also got a few works finally.
Velka 3 + black enhance psu. 259.99 usd.
shipping to Hungary 115.21 usd.
upon entering the country import + vat 2.5% + 27%. 110.68 usd.
485,88 usd for a velka 3 + psu to get in Hungary.
Well maybe I'll just wait for that possible EU store with lover shipping and no import/vat from within the union.
Yet again I would like to ask about revision suggestions. I would have liked to get a honeycomb version not a round one. Is it set in stone that the cutout will be round later on and the front will be vented or if I wait I will still be able to buy a honeycomb vented one with a solid front panel? I know no magic crystal orbs to tell the future just wondering about your opinion if this would maybe be possible.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Damn. Went to preorder it as I got excited of the stock info and also got a few works finally.
upon entering the country import + vat 2.5% + 27%. 110.68 usd.
485,88 usd for a velka 3 + psu to get in Hungary.
Well maybe I'll just wait for that possible EU store with lover shipping and no import/vat from within the union.
Yet again I would like to ask about revision suggestions. I would have liked to get a honeycomb version not a round one. Is it set in stone that the cutout will be round later on and the front will be vented or if I wait I will still be able to buy a honeycomb vented one with a solid front panel? I know no magic crystal orbs to tell the future just wondering about your opinion if this would maybe be possible.

The honeycomb vents and solid front panel will remain available as the default even if other vent styles are introduced sometime in the future.

Reactions: Sziklapeti

oldmonk

Caliper Novice
Dec 26, 2018
GeForce RTX 3070 EAGLE OC 8G definitely fits on Velka 5 Rev 1.0.
I just install it and with little undervolting temps hover on 76 C with fans running at 70%
What fan curve did you use? I have the same card but had to underclock as well to reach similar temps + fan speed. Something like 830mV at 1770MHz off the top of my head. That's in my Node 202 with a 5600x + L9a, temporary situation until my Velka 7 arrives.

Use MyUS and if you have a Mastercard, you get 2 years free premium membership (20% cheaper than free account), although not sure if that promo is still on. Shipping to Thailand with FedEx International Priority is around $40.

evenather

Chassis Packer
Oct 6, 2019
What fan curve did you use? I have the same card but had to underclock as well to reach similar temps + fan speed. Something like 830mV at 1770MHz off the top of my head. That's in my Node 202 with a 5600x + L9a, temporary situation until my Velka 7 arrives.

Use MyUS and if you have a Mastercard, you get 2 years free premium membership (20% cheaper than free account), although not sure if that promo is still on. Shipping to Thailand with FedEx International Priority is around $40.

up to 76 C I have at 75% and at 83C I set it at 100%
Occasionally the fans ramp up to 90% but only for a few seconds, under heavy gaming.
I believe I also got a good chip, boosts at 2010 MHz at 0.938v

Reactions: oldmonk

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement power switch? I broke mine :(
Something like this:
Or ask @VELKASE Michael for help