Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Xenos

Chassis Packer
Apr 22, 2020
Could you guys do a flip version of the velka 5 where the cables exit at the bottom rather than at the top?
Kind of NZXT H1 style, it would be esthetically way better and ease the cable management.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woxys and Killinger

Xenos

Chassis Packer
Apr 22, 2020
Could you guys do a flip version of the velka 5 where the cables exit at the bottom rather than at the top?
Kind of NZXT H1 style, it would be esthetically way better and ease the cable management.
Or rather a velka 7 (wink wink)

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018

This is dumb, it will make the case bigger!

Stargazer

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
I’ve just seen that on reddit someone made 3d printed feet and turn the case upside down. I thinl that looks awesome.

Xenos

Chassis Packer
Apr 22, 2020
This is dumb, it will make the case bigger!
Well, no actually, the space where you have your cable spewing out at the top use that volume "virtually" while ruining the esthetics of the case.

Also, if it was the other way around, you could have perforated top which could accommodate a fan as exhaust, hence improving airflow and reduce noise levels. (Negative pressure is better in a small case as open air GPU + CPU cooler can draw air in more easily.)

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
The new Velka 7 will have hardware compatibility on the level of the original Velka 5. The new cases will no longer have any top I/O. Full info on this should be available in a few weeks.
Intriguing.... Looking forward to learning about the new cases!

Xenos

Chassis Packer
Apr 22, 2020
The new Velka 7 will have hardware compatibility on the level of the original Velka 5. The new cases will no longer have any top I/O. Full info on this should be available in a few weeks.
Nice!

Wish list:
  • (+Height) enable 2x 92mm exhaust fan at top (kind of velka 3 style but with quieter 92mm) + bit longer GPU
    • Opening at bottom for cables just needs to high enough to fit 90 degrees angled adapters
  • (+Width) Just large enough to enable a 2.75 slot GPU (most silent and effective GPU are nowadays all at least 2.5 large)
    • could go the formd t1 way have an ajustable bracket to let the user prioritize either cpu or gpu cooler height
  • (+Length) A tad longer for better GPU spacing with front panel which should result in great airflow and enables 2x 92mm top exhaust fans mentioned above

Hypothetical dimensions of Velka 7:
L186 x W126 x H331 mm = 7.76L

For reference velka 5
L174 x W109 x H303 mm = 5.75L

Xenos

Chassis Packer
Apr 22, 2020
Here we go again... i believe there are more, but most of the vertical chassis are already listed here:

I've used your own table against you!
How crazy is that? :p
Please edit you post, we can't see it (you must make it public) ;)
Or just indicate the name and url of the case you found that fits the criterias i've mentionned.

Unless i'm blind, can't see one in the list, there are other vertical sandwich style vertical case, but none as efficient as the velka 5 and bottom cable output and top exhaust.

Also i'm mentioning a future velka 7, not to redo the velka 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nichronos

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
Please edit you post, we can't see it (you must make it public) ;)
Or just indicate the name and url of the case you found that fits the criterias i've mentionned.

Unless i'm blind, can't see one in the list, there are other vertical sandwich style vertical case, but none as efficient as the velka 5 and bottom cable output and top exhaust.

Also i'm mentioning a future velka 7, not to redo the velka 5.

Yup, i'm dumb.... didn't made it public LMAO
Edited it, now you should be able to see it :)

Reactions: Xenos

Lemnisc8

What's an ITX?
New User
May 5, 2020
Is the size difference between rev 2.0 of the velka 5 and current rev going to be significant? Is it going to be larger? Smaller? I'd like to know since if it's going to be smaller I can start saving for it now.

MrFizzyBubbs

Chassis Packer
May 30, 2019
Is the size difference between rev 2.0 of the velka 5 and current rev going to be significant? Is it going to be larger? Smaller? I'd like to know since if it's going to be smaller I can start saving for it now.

Reactions: larkmaj