Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Hey Michael,

What are the current plans for VK 7? Would it fit 300~315mm cards? The thickest 5700XT is the Red Devil and it's 53mm, which I think is about a 2.5 slot.

Maybe a 60~70mm clearance for CPU Cooler and space for 2x120mm fans. Ignore space for water cooling, if someone wants that they should look elsewhere as this cases specialize on being as small as possible. Maybe that way it could be under ~8L?

AtuhMatic

Efficiency Noob
Nov 3, 2019
Michael,

Have the Velka 5 cases been shipped yet? I ordered Oct. 13 but I have yet to get any email about shipping.
Thanks in advance

x01

Cable Smoosher
Oct 31, 2019
Update here
  • Velka 5 orders: November 7
  • Gray and silver Velka 5 orders placed after October 24, black after November 5: November 29

I just ordered black rev 1.1 Order #110571405880 November 2.
Does it mean my item will be shipped November 7?

AtuhMatic

Efficiency Noob
Nov 3, 2019
That's weird I never got an email about the shipping date bumping back a week. Alrighty then, just can't wait to build in this thing

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Would a CPU cooler with a total height of of 38.4mm fit in the Velka 3? I know it is listed as 37mm, but i remember seeing a post mentioning there were a few mm of leftover space after a Noctua L9 in the unit.

hextanerf

Chassis Packer
Sep 6, 2019
Would a CPU cooler with a total height of of 38.4mm fit in the Velka 3? I know it is listed as 37mm, but i remember seeing a post mentioning there were a few mm of leftover space after a Noctua L9 in the unit.
Apparently it'll depend on the specific case you get

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Sorry for the lack of communication recently, everyone. There are only so many hours in the day and I am choosing to spend time fulfilling orders as quickly as possible as opposed to replying to every single email. I have underestimated the amount of time needed for packaging and shipping for this batch.

If you were originally expecting shipping around November 1:
  • The remaining Velka 5 orders should be sent this Thursday and Friday
  • Some more Velka 3 side panels had to be made, so remaining Velka 3 orders will be sent over the course of the next week
  • If you have ordered more than one case and are outside of the US, your order will be shipped with faster shipping to compensate for the delay so you can expect to receive it around the same time as originally
If you ordered only a Velka 3 and are expecting shipping around November 29, there is a small chance that your order may be ready to ship 1-2 weeks earlier than expected.

intender

Case Bender
Nov 8, 2019
Very excited to get my Velka 5, I ordered it on the 24th so hopefully it will go out in the shipment today. This will be my first proper sff build. I am pulling old sff parts I had in a larger case because I never found a sff case that I was willing to spend the money on before this one. Hoping to eventually have a top hat/cover released for this to complete the clean look.

GcodeG01

Cable Smoosher
New User
Nov 8, 2019
Sorry if this was asked before, but is the Velka 5 v1.1 preorder also set for December or is it TBA?

Last edited:

Davidandreis

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2019
Got questions about why we can't secure the gpu externally like Dan A4 and about the 4th motherboard stand off impacting durability.
Can Velka 5 also withstand frequent lan parties?
How many parts is it comprised from and can a Ryzen 7 2700 65w be cooled by a Noctua L9AM4?