Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Those of you who have received cases in the UK, could you please explain what you had to do to pay the import fees? Did you receive a letter in the mail, pay at the post office, pay online, etc? Any information you could provide would be appreciated.

Royal Mail sends you a little slip with amount to be paid and instructions. You could either pay online and release the parcel to be delivered to your home or take the slip to your local depot, pay and collect the parcel in person

Reactions: VELKASE Michael

Pooqwapamwa

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 24, 2019
Hey guys. This Case is very cool. Soory for My english. I'm french ^^

So could I expect to build a rig with a Velka5. Could you send it in my country ?

have a good day.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Two questions;

1- could you please make a list of compatible itx motherboards with integrated IO shield (if any)

2- are rubber feet included with version 1.1

I am interested in Velka 5

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Two questions;

1- could you please make a list of compatible itx motherboards with integrated IO shield (if any)

I somehow managed to fit the Aorus X570I in the Velka 5, doing this without modding the mobo. I think I only could use 3 of the 4 connectors that latch it to the case, but in my opinion it looked ok.

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
Amen Brother.

haha, here's mine at the moment:

Sarafan

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
A question for my fellow (soon to be) Velka 3 owners -

What CPU do you plan on using? I hope I'm not being too optimistic trying to cool a 3700X with a L9a and an undervolt.

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
A question for my fellow (soon to be) Velka 3 owners -

What CPU do you plan on using? I hope I'm not being too optimistic trying to cool a 3700X with a L9a and an undervolt.

You'll be fine with that combo. I'm going for a 3950X in a Velka 3 with undervolt. Gonna have a mini nuclear reactor on my hands.

dannycpham

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2019
Wow, absolute madman! Haha may I ask why the 3950x?
Lowkey just because I can. I do some video editing and run some VMs , so multi-threading is pretty important vs a super fast single core.
I'll probably just limit the power envelope to ~90W which the Noctua + 2 case fans should cool fine

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
Those of you who have received cases in the UK, could you please explain what you had to do to pay the import fees? Did you receive a letter in the mail, pay at the post office, pay online, etc? Any information you could provide would be appreciated.
Royal Mail sends you a little slip with amount to be paid and instructions. You could either pay online and release the parcel to be delivered to your home or take the slip to your local depot, pay and collect the parcel in person
Velka 5 arrived today. As duynguyenle said, I got a little slip from Royal Mail with the amount and instructions - either pay online and choose delivery date, or take the slip to where to package is held to pay and collect. For me customs charge is £38.43. Adding £160.77 for the case. Leaves the Velka 5 costing someone in the UK £199.20. ?

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Velka 5 arrived today. As duynguyenle said, I got a little slip from Royal Mail with the amount and instructions - either pay online and choose delivery date, or take the slip to where to package is held to pay and collect. For me customs charge is £38.43. Adding £160.77 for the case. Leaves the Velka 5 costing someone in the UK £199.20. ?
I once ordered a jacket from the NFL Shop in the UK (OOS in US), I was so pissed of when the DHL guy charged me 600 Mexican Pesos, about 24 pounds, in import fees. I did not know I would be charged for that.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys. This Case is very cool. Soory for My english. I'm french ^^

So could I expect to build a rig with a Velka5. Could you send it in my country ?

have a good day.

Yes

Two questions;

1) I cannot guarantee any to be compatible at the moment because the case was designed to sacrifice that compatibility for smaller size, however a few users have been able to fit the Gigabyte X570 and I am almost certain that the ASRock X570 will fit as well.

2) Yes, 2 mm tall

I'm going for a 3950X in a Velka 3

I like your style

Reactions: dannycpham

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
An issue has been recently identified with the Velka 5 rev 1.1's card support, which may not work well with all graphics cards and result in some drooping. I am currently working on a solution in the form of a metal support piece that will be ready to ship around late November. If your Velka 5 is expected to ship in late November-early December, a metal piece for this will be included with your case.

Those of you who want this fixed as soon as possible and have access to a 3D printer or a 3D printing service such as 3DHubs or Xometry may download a 3D printable file here and use this 4 mm thick piece to support the IO bracket of the graphics card. It has 8 mm spacing between holes and is designed to be easy to make.

Reactions: Skarum and Ca11idus

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
Just unboxed my Velka 5 and just wanted to say I'm blown away by this case. So small and the build quality seems spot on. Haven't noticed any imperfections yet. I know the brushed side panels were unintentional but they seem to really flow nicely with the brushed front panel. Whilst I haven't seen the sandblasted side panels in person, I feel that the brushed panels are more aesthetically pleasing and could be argued as the default.

Reactions: Killinger

hardcoredesk

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 15, 2019
What 5700XT model works best with the Velka 5? I'm aware of the PowerColor dual fan, will the reference card also work? Hoping to buy a card for it at Microcenter this weekend.

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
What 5700XT model works best with the Velka 5? I'm aware of the PowerColor dual fan, will the reference card also work? Hoping to buy a card for it at Microcenter this weekend.
Powercolor dual fan, Asrock Challenger and Reference cards are the ones that fit in Velka 5.

Edit: As far as I know only the Aorus X570I lets you switch the PCIe from 4.0 to 3.0 (the default is set as Auto).

Reactions: hardcoredesk

hardcoredesk

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 15, 2019
Powercolor dual fan, Asrock Challenger and Reference cards are the ones that fit in Velka 5.

Would the reference card be suitable, temperature-wise? It's been many years since my last build, but from my understanding the blower fans often run hotter. I'm able to get one for a good amount less than the other options, so that would be nice if so.

Thanks!