Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
https://www.velkase.com/velka-5-revisions

Revision 1.1:
  • improved fit for SFX and SFX-L power supplies, CPU side panel, graphics cards
  • 1 mm extra graphics card height clearance
  • steel brackets replaced with aluminum brackets
  • easier rear IO cable routing with hard drive bracket installed
  • removed M3 thumbscrews
  • more neutral gray color

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Got questions about why we can't secure the gpu externally like Dan A4 and about the 4th motherboard stand off impacting durability.
Can Velka 5 also withstand frequent lan parties?
How many parts is it comprised from and can a Ryzen 7 2700 65w be cooled by a Noctua L9AM4?

There is no piece to screw in the graphics card in the back and incorporating one into this design would create compatibility issues with some graphics cards. The fourth corner of the motherboard is intended to be secured via a tab and slot in the back without a standoff. Only 3 standoffs are needed.

Yes

It is comprised of 8 parts: front panel, top + rear + bottom panel, angled hard drive bracket, flat hard drive bracket, IO shield cover, motherboard tray, 2 side panels. The Ryzen 7 2700 can be cooled by the L9a.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hi Michael, I’ve sent you an email one week ago to cancel my order #110571405877 but I haven’t received any answer from you!
Thanks!

AtuhMatic

Efficiency Noob
Nov 3, 2019
Case just arrived today and I must say, it was a great pleasure to build in! Challenging but so rewarding!

Aorus B450-I
Ryzen 5 1600 undervolted to 1.175 @ 3.8 w/ Nocta L9a-AM4
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
16gb Gskill Trident Z @3600
EVGA 650 GM SFX power supply

Cinabench R20 at 2770 with the Ryzen 5 1600 at 73C

Nintedo Switch and TKL keyboard for scale...

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Case just arrived today and I must say, it was a great pleasure to build in! Challenging but so rewarding!

Aorus B450-I
Ryzen 5 1600 undervolted to 1.175 @ 3.8 w/ Nocta L9a-AM4
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
16gb Gskill Trident Z @3600
EVGA 650 GM SFX power supply

Cinabench R20 at 2770 with the Ryzen 5 1600 at 73C

Nintedo Switch and TKL keyboard for scale...

You can also pull the motherboard IO shield towards the back about 1-2 mm for better port fit.

Reactions: AtuhMatic

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Together. If you are outside of the US, they will be shipped with 6-10 day shipping instead of the slower shipping option

del75

Case Bender
New User
Nov 12, 2019
Hi,
VELKA 5 case arrived earlier today after being held in customs since Friday.

First time SFFPC build.

Ryzen 7 3700x
Alpenföhn Black Ridge w/Noctua NF-A9x14
Nvidia 2080 Super
Corsair SF750

Don´t ask about temps.

The pictures don't justify how nice this case is. Cant wait for VELKA 7.

Last edited:

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Hi,
VELKA 5 case arrived earlier today after being held in customs since Friday.

First time SFFPC build.

Ryzen 7 3700x
Alpenföhn Black Ridge w/Noctua NF-A9x14
Nvidia 2080 Super
Corsair SF750

Don´t ask about temps.

https://imgur.com/a/8vG6R8S

The pictures don't justify how nice this case is. Cant wait for VELKA 7.
What Mobo are you using?

I have an Aorus X570I, I've heard there are issues with that cooler but I'd like to know if someone made them work.

del75

Case Bender
New User
Nov 12, 2019
What Mobo are you using?

I have an Aorus X570I, I've heard there are issues with that cooler but I'd like to know if someone made them work.
Using the Aorus B450-I, and absolutely mashed one of the "chips" on the mobo at first.

But luckily i only mashed the some of it, ended up filing some of the cooler thing and bingo.

Reactions: AtuhMatic

AtuhMatic

Efficiency Noob
Nov 3, 2019
Using the Aorus B450-I, and absolutely mashed one of the "chips" on the mobo at first.

But luckily i only mashed the some of it, ended up filing some of the cooler thing and bingo.
I have the same mobo and ordered the black ridge a few days ago. What do you mean by mashed "the chips"? Did you have to remove the vrm heatsink? Also... I'm curious about temps as well. I have an undervolted 1600 and the L9a was still running a bit too hot for me, plus the heat from the cooler was spilling on to the ram hence why I picked up the black ridge.
Also have you tried to orient the cooler the other way/180° clockwise? Maybe that will give you clearance

Last edited:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Those of you who have received cases in the UK, could you please explain what you had to do to pay the import fees? Did you receive a letter in the mail, pay at the post office, pay online, etc? Any information you could provide would be appreciated.