Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
There is room for two 80 mm fans, but no mount. You would need to zip tie them to the storage brackets next to the 215 mm graphics card.
I see. What about the perforated side panels? Would i be able to fit a screw through some of the holes to mount a fan blowing on the motherboard? Or would i have to zip tie it?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
I see. What about the perforated side panels? Would i be able to fit a screw through some of the holes to mount a fan blowing on the motherboard? Or would i have to zip tie it?

I have almost forgotten until now. The side panel hole pattern allows mounting 80 mm fans to it with regular fan screws, so you would be able to mount one fan next to the graphics card that way. To mount two, you would have to get a little bit creative and their edges would be partially blocked off by the non-perforated edges of the side panels.

Hey Michael. Would like to enquire about the compatibility with this cooler.
http://thermalright.com/product/axp-100-full-copper/
Or other possible combinations with it.

That cooler is too tall for this case because its height is 58 mm, but it needs to be 48 mm or less. I do not think there is any good way to use it in that case. If you can choose a different cooler, then some good choices would be the Cryorig C7, Alpenfohn Black ridge, AMD Wraith Stealth stock cooler (if you remove the outer plastic ring, which reduces its height), and the Noctua NH-L9.

evenather

Chassis Packer
Oct 6, 2019
I am in the process of building a system around Velka 5, already pre-ordered it for 23 Oct.

I was wondering if it would be possible to fit an:

- Asetek 645LT 92MM AIO and a GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Mini ITX 8G

in the GPU compartment

The PSU will be a SF Series SF600 — 600 Watt, planning on running only M.2 drives to avoid using SATA cables for better cable management.

sid21177

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2019
Up-to-date 3D models have just been uploaded to the product pages, but they still do not appear to work in any browser other than Chrome.

Nice - I still think the new slots should have been horizontally aligned with those on the front panel L-bend ?

Any chance of making the pattern on the top panel more symmetrical (back to front) in rev1.3 ?? ?

Jotunn

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2018
This has probably already been asked, but will the VK-5 1.1 revision come with a PCIe 4.0 compatible riser?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
This has probably already been asked, but will the VK-5 1.1 revision come with a PCIe 4.0 compatible riser?

Only a PCIe gen 3 riser, which will work if you can set the PCIe on your motherboard to run in gen 3 mode. You would have to replace it with an $87 250 mm 3M riser to get 4.0 support.

Is this true for the VK-3 side panel holes as well ??

Yes.

Invictus91

Efficiency Noob
New User
Oct 7, 2019
Hi guys I’m looking to downsize may current pc, this will be my first SFF build

Do you guys know if the case Is compatible with MSI H170I Pro AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ?

I was concerned because of compatibility of the Io shield

Thanks

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
Hello everyone,

I saw the video of the Velka 5 on Youtube and I'm smitten by this case ?

Has anyone shipped one of these to the UK? Just wondering how long it took for you, and how much custom fees was charged?

Thanks

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Has anyone compared the Velka 8010 fans to the slim 80mm fan offerings from Coolermaster or Noiseblocker (both 80x15mm)?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Hi guys I’m looking to downsize may current pc, this will be my first SFF build

Do you guys know if the case Is compatible with MSI H170I Pro AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ?

I was concerned because of compatibility of the Io shield

Thanks

It is compatible with both cases.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

I saw the video of the Velka 5 on Youtube and I'm smitten by this case ?

Has anyone shipped one of these to the UK? Just wondering how long it took for you, and how much custom fees was charged?

Thanks

I didn't get the Velka 5, but the customs charge is always 20% of the stated value plus 8 quid admin charge

Reactions: Rich Tea

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
So will the IO shield prevent the Asrock X570 itx/tb3 from working in this case?

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
I didn't get the Velka 5, but the customs charge is always 20% of the stated value plus 8 quid admin charge
Thanks, I haven't ordered anything from abroad in recent memory so I was never sure how this worked. I still assume there is an element of luck if you get hit with custom charges or not, or have they clamped down on this now?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
So will the IO shield prevent the Asrock X570 itx/tb3 from working in this case?

Judging by the photos on Techpowerup, it should fit fine because the shroud is in line with the edge of the motherboard. The Velka 5 will only allow the IO shield itself to extend past that edge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Windfall

Jotunn

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2018
Only a PCIe gen 3 riser, which will work if you can set the PCIe on your motherboard to run in gen 3 mode. You would have to replace it with an $87 250 mm 3M riser to get 4.0 support.

Any modifications to the mounting points on the female end of the 3M riser?

Last edited: