Production Velka series cases for ultra compact and portable desktops

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Is there a changelog for the Velka 5 Rev 1.1?
Also - will a 200mm PCIe riser work?

There will only be a changelog available after release in October. Appearance is unchanged, part compatibility is unchanged, part fit and installation is improved in a few very small ways.

A 200 mm riser will not work.

Davidandreis

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2019
Greetings. I wish to ask you about the Velka case. Unfortunately I cannot place an order just yet. Want to ask you if the case does support motherboard's I/O Shields. I mean motherboard's that don't have a integrated shield.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Greetings. I wish to ask you about the Velka case. Unfortunately I cannot place an order just yet. Want to ask you if the case does support motherboard's I/O Shields. I mean motherboard's that don't have a integrated shield.

Yes, if the motherboard's IO shield is not integrated, it will fit in any case.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
I have a feeling Linus is about to release a video featuring this case housing an X299 system and a 2070 as part of his annual ultimate SFF PC series.

Godalor

Chassis Packer
Sep 14, 2019
The Shipping costs for anything outside of the US don't include any tax the local authorities add to it, do they? Also kinda weird, shipping just the case (Velka 3) and the riser to Germany costs 29.99$ but adding a single of the 80x10 fans to it pushes shipping up to 39.99$.

Last edited:

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
The Shipping costs for anything outside of the US don't include any tax the local authorities add to it, do they? Also kinda weird, shipping just the case (Velka 3) and the riser to Germany costs 29.99$ but adding a single of the 80x10 fans to it pushes shipping up to 39.99$.

Import fees are not included in the shipping costs in the website. Those will amount to about 19% of the product cost, excluding the shipping cost.

Shipping prices for all countries other than the US are determined by weight. The Velka 3 can be shipped with either a riser or two fans for 29.99 USD, or 39.99 USD if shipped with a combination of the two.

If you don't need the absolute best case fans, you can save some money by getting cheaper versions on Aliexpress or eBay. They will have a lower max RPM, cheaper bearing, and no PWM control, but they should still work.

Last edited:

Nu2SFF

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 6, 2019
I'm a little conflicted about what to do after seeing OptimumTech's video on the Velka 3. It looks exactly like what I want to build but that Flex ATX PSU noise is just way too much. And from what I've seen, a simple fan swap doesn't solve the problem. Is there any other solution? Can you fit both the HD PLEX 400 AC-DC and the HD PLEX 400 DC ATX in the case?

I'd like to use a R5 3500 and a 2070 in the case.

EDIT: Is this an option worth considering? https://www.geeekstore.com/shop/custom-flex-atx-modular-psu/

I was in the same boat as you. I realized that I love small, but not at the expense of silence, and for this reason, I ended up choosing the Velka 5.

Davidandreis

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2019
Ok so the Velka 5 can hold an IO Shield even if it is bigger than it. Is the steel mesh durable if I put a bit of pressure when holding the panels? I want it to be a very light high end pc. Otherwise my back would snap in two. I'm disabled :(. Also uhm thanks for designing the case. I'll ask you for the order form when I'll decide to purchase it so make sure to keep one for me :)))

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Ok so the Velka 5 can hold an IO Shield even if it is bigger than it. Is the steel mesh durable if I put a bit of pressure when holding the panels? I want it to be a very light high end pc. Otherwise my back would snap in two. I'm disabled :(. Also uhm thanks for designing the case. I'll ask you for the order form when I'll decide to purchase it so make sure to keep one for me :)))

The only time when compatibility issues can occur is when the motherboard has an IO shield built into it. The IO shield is not larger than the case itself.

Also, here is what the side panels look like. These are just perforated aluminum panels, not steel mesh.

Orders used to be handled through a form, but now it is all done on velkase.com . You can also find information there in a more readable format.

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
As soon as the XG17 monitor comes out, the Velka 3 is absolutely becoming my new travel PC.

Quick question, if I plan on throwing it around in a bag and probably getting some dings and scratches on it, would the silver finish be the best option for me?

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
As soon as the XG17 monitor comes out, the Velka 3 is absolutely becoming my new travel PC.

Quick question, if I plan on throwing it around in a bag and probably getting some dings and scratches on it, would the silver finish be the best option for me?

Scratches would be less noticeable on silver. All exterior panels except for the rear are anodized so you can expect scratch resistance to be similar to that of an aluminum laptop.

Reactions: Killinger

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Would it be possible to have black cables on the Velka 3 10mm fans, so brightly colored cables aren't visible through the top? Initially I wanted to have the case oriented with the PSU on top for a clean look, but the new vented bottom pretty much eliminated that possibility.

bryceoj

Case Bender
Sep 25, 2018
Would it be possible to have black cables on the Velka 3 10mm fans, so brightly colored cables aren't visible through the top? Initially I wanted to have the case oriented with the PSU on top for a clean look, but the new vented bottom pretty much eliminated that possibility.

Yeah I am concerned about those as well, my plan is to either paint or sharpie the cables black for a quick fix. As well as the fan sticker that is also visible.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Yeah I am concerned about those as well, my plan is to either paint or sharpie the cables black for a quick fix. As well as the fan sticker that is also visible.

According to the information in the first post the 8010 fans come with all black cabling...

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
If I understand this correctly, the portion of the wires near the hub that the heat shrink does not cover is in question.

It might be possible to change all wires to black in some future batch. Carefully cut black electrical tape could fix this temporarily, and the silver/blue sticker is possible to peel off.

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
@VELKASE Michael Is there any room to put 1-2 80 mm fans in this case(Velka 5)? I don't plan on using the 2.5" slot, as both my drives are M.2 SSDs and I'm using a 215 mm length GPU.

VELKASE Michael

King of Cable Management
Original poster
VELKASE
Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
@VELKASE Michael Is there any room to put 1-2 80 mm fans in this case(Velka 5)? I don't plan on using the 2.5" slot, as both my drives are M.2 SSDs and I'm using a 215 mm length GPU.

There is room for two 80 mm fans, but no mount. You would need to zip tie them to the storage brackets next to the 215 mm graphics card.