Completed Project PURE: 3L APU case, MEANWELL Support

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Got the second ASrock, and FOR NOW everything is working fine! BUT, HWinfo report crazy temperature on some sensor, but don't know if I need to worry about it. Maybe it is because I am using a direct 12V power connection??

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Try to run it on start up.

It's a bit suspicious that the avg min max and current values are all the same.

It shouldn't be that hot.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Try to run it on start up.

It's a bit suspicious that the avg min max and current values are all the same.

It shouldn't be that hot.
Same same also on startup. Is it possible because is directly connected to the motherboard with the 4 pin CPU connector and that's it???
Because even touching it, is actually colder than the Intel 905p! :D

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Same same also on startup. Is it possible because is directly connected to the motherboard with the 4 pin CPU connector and that's it???
Because even touching it, is actually colder than the Intel 905p! :D

Yeah I would say those values are erroneous then.

It may be that hwinfo is interpreting the sensors incorrectly.

Reactions: fabio

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
Yeah those values are erroneous, so don't sweat it. Multiple hardware sensor libraries report Asrock boards (B450 itx, Z270 Taichi, c246 wsi, etc) with incorrect temperatures. I've been too lazy to contact Asrock to figure out why though ?

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Yeah those values are erroneous, so don't sweat it. Multiple hardware sensor libraries report Asrock boards (B450 itx, Z270 Taichi, c246 wsi, etc) with incorrect temperatures. I've been too lazy to contact Asrock to figure out why though ?
Thanks a lot guys!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Stressing with Vray 4 High Settings on Rhinoceros 6. Seems quite good, what do you think?
All 6 core/12 Thread at 4.2Ghz on AVX load!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hey @Thehack , I have one important thing to say.
I got till now like 8 different USB-C cable, to 19 PIN and the new small internal header.
From Amazon.com/IT/CO.UK, MODDIY, Alixpress. Even if they put the picture with the 2cm pitch for the holes, ALL of them have the smaller one.
My suggestion is to reduce the pitch ON the case! :D
I mean, EIGHT from several different retailers, and different chinese producers.
Or am I just unlucky??

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hey @Thehack , I have one important thing to say.
I got till now like 8 different USB-C cable, to 19 PIN and the new small internal header.
From Amazon.com/IT/CO.UK, MODDIY, Alixpress. Even if they put the picture with the 2cm pitch for the holes, ALL of them have the smaller one.
My suggestion is to reduce the pitch ON the case! :D
I mean, EIGHT from several different retailers, and different chinese producers.
Or am I just unlucky??

I'm sorry that happened. But yeah... I will need to revise it. Won't be until Pure MK2 that I can do that. Which will be early 2020.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I'm sorry that happened. But yeah... I will need to revise it. Won't be until Pure MK2 that I can do that. Which will be early 2020.
Yes yes, I mean, I can survive! Was just for you and your next revisions! ;)

pwyb

Case Bender
Aug 5, 2018
Does this fit the HDplex 200 ACDC? It's the same size as the discontinued 160ACDC. Sorry if this has been answered, couldn't really find much info on it.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
It does not unless you use a smaller 16mm vandal switch. The hdplex is a bit long and with both the power switch and the power entry it would not fit out of the box.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
I have really enjoy how compact and attractive this case looks. Have used it for the past 6 months and have found it perfect for my needs.
Just wanted to give a heads up to those using the Noctua NH L9a, the 92mm fan shroud 10 mm height from J-Hack's website fits like a
charm and although I haven't done any testing I feel it work well to keep from recirculating hot air. Just pop the lid off and measure ram for
clearance issues.

My Pure:

MSI B450I Gaming Plus
Ryzen 5 2400G
Noctua NH-L9a-AM4
G.Skill Flare-X DDR4 3200 8GBx2
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2
XPG SX8200 240GB M.2 on a Riitop PCIe M.2adapter
J-HACK's Meanwell RPS 200W kit

Reactions: Thehack and rfarmer

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
I apologize but can't render a judgment on the C7 as I don't own it. The C7 may cool better as it is 10 mm taller, but many reviews claim Noctua has quieter fans. For what I am using the Pure as (HTPC for video streaming and light gaming) the Noctua Nh L9a is ideal. I rarely hear the fan and the Pure seems to run cooler with the 92mm x 10 mm shroud.