Completed Project PURE: 3L APU case, MEANWELL Support

andornaut

Chassis Packer
Feb 24, 2017
Am I correct in thinking that an HDPlex 400w DC would not fit?

It's overkill and requires a power brick, but I have one on hand that I may as well use if possible.

andornaut

Chassis Packer
Feb 24, 2017
I noticed that "Canada" is now showing up as an available option in the payment form. Selecting it still gives the following message:

> There are no shipping methods available. Please ensure that your address has been entered correctly, or contact us if you need any help.

Just a heads up in case that wasn't expected. Either way, looks like we're getting closer to international shipping!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I noticed that "Canada" is now showing up as an available option in the payment form. Selecting it still gives the following message:

> There are no shipping methods available. Please ensure that your address has been entered correctly, or contact us if you need any help.

Just a heads up in case that wasn't expected. Either way, looks like we're getting closer to international shipping!

Yes. I'm having issues integrating the USPS API into the system. I'm trying to avoid flat rate shipping, since it spiffs some people, while giving others a good deal on shipping.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
The plugin units proved to be quite popular. I'm about to be out of stock, and I'm not sure I can restock them anytime soon. This may require a custom design one much earlier than planned.

Reactions: annasoh323

Samsquamptch

Trash Compacter
Jun 22, 2016
So I've got my build started, but I need an 8pin cpu (asus strix I-470) connector for the One2 plugin 120. Do you carry those?

Samsquamptch

Trash Compacter
Jun 22, 2016
Is it safe to plug in the 4 pin into the 8 pin cpu connector? I don’t plan to overclock. I’m wondering if it will even post, or run extremely restricted.

Mobo: ASUS strix I-470
CPU: 2400g
SSD: 970 pro 500g
Cpu cooler: lh9 a
Ram: gskill 3200 8x2

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
In my build I have the 4 pin plug in the 8 pin socket ( it will only fit in one way), All has been running well for the past month .

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
The plugin units proved to be quite popular. I'm about to be out of stock, and I'm not sure I can restock them anytime soon. This may require a custom design one much earlier than planned.
Ya gotta keep up with KMPKT and his 200w plug-in boards hahaha

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Ya gotta keep up with KMPKT and his 200w plug-in boards hahaha
160W version under development. Right now I don't intend to have a plugin board with pcie. Pcie will likely be an additional side board using sync function.

160w version will fully replace the 120W version. It's for 2400g + overclocking.

6FeaT

Chassis Packer
Feb 23, 2019
Might you be able to provide some detail on the power entry mod required for the HDPlex 160W AC-DC?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Might you be able to provide some detail on the power entry mod required for the HDPlex 160W AC-DC?

You will need the buy the AC-DC power entry for the case, and you will need to strip/rewire the HDPLEX 160 AC-DC to use the new power entry.

You will also need some double sided tape to mount it.

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
i'm from Canada, i checked it out. shipping prices really are prohibitive from where you live :( can't afford that much money, it's sad because your case is a beauty! :thumb:

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
Yeah. Really sorry about that.

Unfortunately that's the issue for shipping things out of USA, in general it is expensive.

i know, not your fault. shipping prices + money conversion factors really make everything awfully expensive for us lately :( i checked, and shipping price for just one unit is 40.95$ and if i add a meanwell ac-dc, it's 59.06$, which makes a total of 193.96$, then converted into Canadian equals 255$ ouch! and that's without counting if my package is tagged for tax and import duties, which can happen at random.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
i know, not your fault. shipping prices + money conversion factors really make everything awfully expensive for us lately :( i checked, and shipping price for just one unit is 40.95$ and if i add a meanwell ac-dc, it's 59.06$, which makes a total of 193.96$, then converted into Canadian equals 255$ ouch! and that's without counting if my package is tagged for tax and import duties, which can happen at random.

Indeed. Though if you ever decide grab a J-hack case, you should try to source the power supply parts locally. The parts I design for are fairly easy to get.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
I want to share my silent NAS build using the J-HACK Pure case

MB/CPU combo: Asrock J5005-itx
Memory: 16 GB
SSD: MX500 2tb
Planning to add more in the future (that's why I got the SSD bracket)
PSU: PicoPSU-80
The opening for the DC jack is wider than the Pico DC jack so I ended up placing it on the USB-C mounting point

Nice, really like this j5005 mobo for silent builds. If you want to get rid of the SSD clutter, a 2TB NVME 970 and one of these adater in link below, looks like you have just enough headroom. I have mine booting from the X1 slot no problem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M-2-NGFF-K...dapter-for-Samsung-950-Pro-SM951/292816336365