Completed Project PURE: 3L APU case, MEANWELL Support

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016

Well, I *NEED* the name/model/price/link of this PCI-e adapter, buddy...

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
I went for intel+hd630 igpu for a hackintosh build.
Needed type-c TB3 port so i chose this MB
Specs:
i7-8700
Noctua l9i
Samsung ddr4 21300 16G*2
Asrock z390 phantom itx
1TB m.2 ssd

Build is not complete because the switch is about few centimeters short. Go with the 250mm the length or mod your own!
Other than that, the case is very solid and looks like the finish can take some wear. Very nice.

Reactions: chyll2 and Thehack

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
I extended the switch cable. There was resistor between the switch and power led. The resistor wire fell off so i just soldered without the resistor. It works though. I forgot what it is, what is the resistor for? Is it necessary?

Reactions: Thehack

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I extended the switch cable. There was resistor between the switch and power led. The resistor wire fell off so i just soldered without the resistor. It works though. I forgot what it is, what is the resistor for? Is it necessary?

I don't know. I guess not.

I did add black switches to the store now.

Reactions: Protools

asaad_as

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 8, 2018
I want to share my silent NAS build using the J-HACK Pure case

MB/CPU combo: Asrock J5005-itx
Memory: 16 GB
SSD: MX500 2tb
Planning to add more in the future (that's why I got the SSD bracket)
PSU: PicoPSU-80
The opening for the DC jack is wider than the Pico DC jack so I ended up placing it on the USB-C mounting point

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I want to share my silent NAS build using the J-HACK Pure case

MB/CPU combo: Asrock J5005-itx
Memory: 16 GB
SSD: MX500 2tb
Planning to add more in the future (that's why I got the SSD bracket)
PSU: PicoPSU-80
The opening for the DC jack is wider than the Pico DC jack so I ended up placing it on the USB-C mounting point

Sweet build.

The ssd bracket has a bit of an offset, and so can be turned 180 degrees. And you can also reverse the orientation of the ssds themselves. Just some tips for when you add more SSDs. :)

The USB C does have 8mm width so can certainly double as a DC jack as you have figured out.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
In case anyone is looking to power a weaker system, one can use the Rps-120-12c. It is $20-30 cheaper than the 200W version from a parts store.

You will need a 4 pin connector instead though. I only have 6 pin available, but the pins can be pulled using a small screwdriver and inserted into 4 pin.

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
You may want to update the first page to link to the store as it may not be clear that one can purchase these beauties -- unless you're thinking these are still prototypes.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
SO currently working on setting up international orders. Finally got shipping software set up. It'll be a soft roll-out. We will test shipping to Canada first, work out the kinks for a month, then open up orders to EU!

I am getting some traffic hits from our Swedish friends for some reason. :D

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
SO currently working on setting up international orders. Finally got shipping software set up. It'll be a soft roll-out. We will test shipping to Canada first, work out the kinks for a month, then open up orders to EU!

I am getting some traffic hits from our Swedish friends for some reason. :D

Which courier? USPS?