Production ONE2 DISTRO 400 - A 12V Power distribution board

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
This is how embedded motherboard work : they have internal circuits that convert 12V to 5V and 3.3V.
Very much like Thin Mini-ITX motherboards.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Oh my..... can I get one of those? What's the ETA for release?
Could I get a prototype? (not expecting a yes there lol)
Are you selling this as a COMPLETE meanwell hookup kit, or just the board?
Please tell me you are going to use black connectors on the board.

Thanks,
Windfall

P.S. @Thehack PM me. I have access to a CNC milling machine- I could do up some unnecessary heatsinks, just for kicks, for the price of materials. Just to make it look cool.

ETA is likely December. Those people who are itching to get their hands on one can PM me for a barebones kit in NOV, but it'll lack final user friendly manuals and packaging and maybe even final cable kits. It'll be available as:

• barebones, board only for modders/tinkers
  • Basic Kit A, and B, includes cables and hook ups for dancase and Skyreach
  • Possibly a premium kit with cosmetic CNC backplate and cover
Meanwell integrated kits will come 2019

I do not have any prototypes to sell/give at this time unfortunately.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
ETA is likely December. Those people who are itching to get their hands on one can PM me for a barebones kit in NOV, but it'll lack final user friendly manuals and packaging and maybe even final cable kits. It'll be available as:

• barebones, board only for modders/tinkers
  • Basic Kit A, and B, includes cables and hook ups for dancase and Skyreach
  • Possibly a premium kit with cosmetic CNC backplate and cover
Meanwell integrated kits will come 2019

I do not have any prototypes to sell/give at this time unfortunately.

That's fine. Do you want me to run off some little heatsinks for your "founders edition" ones?

Reactions: Soul_Est

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
This is how embedded motherboard work : they have internal circuits that convert 12V to 5V and 3.3V.
Very much like Thin Mini-ITX motherboards.

Right, I'm used to that, but normally they use a separate header or DC-jack. The ATX 24-pin socket is very much not just 12v and ground normally:

They must be doing something clever to detect that you're only supplying 12v on the pins.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
This community is awesome :cool:

I can't claim responsibility for that. The fact that this community has so many people who are willing to contribute and design these products is a part of what makes it amazing. But it's more than the capabilities that this community has- it's the personalities here themselves. This community is supportive and focused, and I'm glad I found it.

If I can contribute to ANYONE's project, if it benefits the community, you can bet I will! And I know that I'm not the only one.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
@Thehack , are you not offering the pdcb as part of the kit?

Just couple of questions:
  1. What's P6? Solder terminal to pdcb?
  2. What does 'cpu eps input' mean?
Btw @Windfall , first post did say it'll all come in black. Cables and pcb. Sounds wicked.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016

Btw @Windfall , first post did say it'll all come in black. Cables and pcb. Sounds wicked.

If I recall, there are patent issues with producing/selling a PDCB

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

Ooooh!

If I recall, there are patent issues with producing/selling a PDCB

Others have done it fine....

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Ooooh!

Others have done it fine....

I am able to offer it now. I called the patent office and the patent holder has not been paying dues so there is no issue selling it. They've been pretending their patent was valid.

P6 is the always on output for the plug in dc board. The plug in dc board will be available as part of the kit. It will also be black unlike the minibox or pico box ones currently available.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I am able to offer it now. I called the patent office and the patent holder has not been paying dues so there is no issue selling it. They've been pretending their patent was valid.

P6 is the always on output for the plug in dc board. The plug in dc board will be available as part of the kit. It will also be black unlike the minibox or pico box ones currently available.

Okay- so there WAS a patent on this? If they renew it, will you have to stop selling?