Production ONE2 DISTRO 400 - A 12V Power distribution board

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
I would say any AC-DC would work well with this since it allows you trigger the 12V output to only when the pc is on.
Does that mean that all the people using i.e. a Meanwell PSU or an external power brick are consuming electricity even with their computer off?
If so, the One2 is indeed a very useful component to add.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Does that mean that all the people using i.e. a Meanwell PSU or an external power brick are consuming electricity even with their computer off?
If so, the One2 is indeed a very useful component to add.

Not really. When your PC is off, it doesn't consume much power at all.

It's just that sometimes weird things happen if you have 12V power always applied, like your GPU LED always on, or the fan is funny. It helps to properly trigger the 12V so it is only on when your PC is on.

Reactions: NateDawg72 and BaK

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
Could this somehow be used (perhaps with an extra board) to use two AC-DC power supplies to power MB/CPU and GPU?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
You can only use one AC-DC per board unless the AC-DC supports load sharing.

The issue is that any slightly voltage difference between two PSU causes electricity to flow from one AC-DC to the other AC-DC. IE 12.0V flows to 12.1V.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Sure but as @InfernoZeus suggested, you could use two boards in parallel , powered by two different AC-DC units :

- one board always ON to power the system,
- one other board triggered by the first one, to power the GPU.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Sure but as @InfernoZeus suggested, you could use two boards in parallel , powered by two different AC-DC units :

Which is exactly how the Dynamo Combo's sync feature works ;)

Reactions: NinoPecorino

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I've said it before and I'll say it again, someone needs to put together a comprehensive state of the union for small form factor PSUs (AC-DC and DC-ATX, 19v, 12v, internal vs external) because this shit is way to confusing for me.

But hey, I successfully wired a new power button with LED last night for my case, so I'd call that a win.

Reactions: kaiyes

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Which is exactly how the Dynamo Combo's sync feature works ;)

Remember, we talked about the sync issue at the very beginning of the Dynamo design stage ;)

I've learned since then that some motherboards can react in a weird way to those switches.
For instance, my Fatal1ty Z170 ITX does not like the sync function of the Dynamo : the 5V stays always ON, sometimes the 12V rail.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Alright, some good news, and some bad news.

The good news is: the distro works very well, and fits perfectly inside the dancase. I will be making some very nice changes to tidy up the look of the board, and will hopefully get second set of prototype in a month or so.

The bad news, is the sync feature needs to be modified and this delays the development by a month as well. Hopefully that gets squared away. This mean I'm currently looking at Early 2019 for a consumer release.

Here is some pictures of it inside a build:

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
I'd vote for simple black cables, but I'm also more interested in board only than full kit so maybe the question isn't for me.

Last edited:

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
One idea for this and I guess other devices that use the elr/elp connector(s), a plate to attach and hold the connector.

But I guess that's more of a small / aesthetic feature.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
One idea for this and I guess other devices that use the elr/elp connector(s), a plate to attach and hold the connector.

But I guess that's more of a small / aesthetic feature.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The connectors are already attached to the headers.

Also, elr/elp? You mean mini fit right?

Gautam

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2016
Here's how it would look wired up. Still waiting on the WAGO connectors. I will be receiving prototypes in about 3-4 weeks.

Pretty cute right? :D

I will be releasing the first 50 run as the founder's edition, for those who live on the forefront of small. After that, I will make some changes to the board as I get input from the first round of customer.

I updated the first post to reflect the correct specs.

Looks very svelte. Would it be possible to get 300-400W to EACH the CPU and GPU, with two AC-DC units, at below the volume of an SFX PSU with this sort of config?