Stalled Modivio xCase - customizable console-style case

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
I thought I was gonna share some photos about the 2 Modivio cases I have.
Here the first one, a Modivio xCase S White. In the next post photos of the Modivio xCase XS Red.

Thanks, those photos look amazing! Which camera and lens are you using?

What's the difference between Post Office Priority and EMS shipping? Any DHL shipping?

How long would it take to ship to the US? Interested in getting the Xcase L in all matte black.

Thanks in advance!

EMS shipping could be a couple of days faster. We stopped sending cases through DHL / FedEx / UPS because in most cases the shipping cost was well above $100 and they almost always add duty and taxes.

It usually takes about 10 days for the package to reach the US.

What about a xCase XS for a thin mini-itx + single slot gpu?

We still haven't decided which components are going to fit inside an official version of xCase XS. It's an early prototype. At this point we're considering an option to support HD-PLEX 160W AC-DC unit inside XS and low-profile graphics card (connected directly to the PCI-e connector on the motherboard) inside XSE.

Reactions: zzmadd and Nanook

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
I want to order a G Unique Archdaemon for my next xCase S.
Anyone can give me some advice for the best cable length and supply socket for a xCase S?
I have a RX570 ITX, i5-8400, 1 ssd (in future maybe2). I think I will go with the 400W.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016

EMS shipping could be a couple of days faster. We stopped sending cases through DHL / FedEx / UPS because in most cases the shipping cost was well above $100 and they almost always add duty and taxes.

It usually takes about 10 days for the package to reach the US.

We still haven't decided which components are going to fit inside an official version of xCase XS. It's an early prototype. At this point we're considering an option to support HD-PLEX 160W AC-DC unit inside XS and low-profile graphics card (connected directly to the PCI-e connector on the motherboard) inside XSE.
Are you interested in adding two versions of XS? Maybe one can be to support LP graphics cards, or single slot graphics card, just like you proposed above. The second one can be called XXS, where it only holds a mITX motherboard. It can be configured similarly to the Streacom F1C, but with better airflow.

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017

It's a simple Canon BUT the difference is made by the light. You could ideally even shoot with a good smartphone as long as you have a tripod, a yellowish key light, a blueish fill led light stripe and possibly a black cardboard to act as a stage. There's a little bit of post production to enhance the yellow and warm colours.
It's a quite simple setup actually.
Your rendering look nice though. Maybe you could experiment with a little bit more realistic stage and light setting when you run them.
I think the xCase XS is fantastic!

Reactions: br3nd0

IRyzoI

Chassis Packer
Apr 23, 2018
Looks awesome! Question though: wouldn't it be really bad for acoustics if the position of the computer is right beside the right speaker? I used to have a pair of iLouds before I upgraded to other monitors (I sort of regret selling them since they were actually very decent for their size)

These things can go so loud, there's no way I'd hear the PC during gaming if I didn't want to! Also, when I'm doing audio production stuff, the PC is silent. :)

octiny

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2018
Anybody have a Modivio xcase L for sale? Really want one but no way I can wait 3 weeks production plus shipping.

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Yes you can wait, you drop the pc on something and use it open and then order a proper xCase and wait.
You'll be very happy int he end.

Reactions: wesbl

octiny

Chassis Packer
Jul 26, 2018
Yes you can wait, you drop the pc on something and use it open and then order a proper xCase and wait.
You'll be very happy int he end.

Uh, nope. Needs to be done sooner as I'm traveling soon. Oh well. Will look at other faster options!

ZiG

Efficiency Noob
May 15, 2018
Hello,

Following a purchase at the Modivio shop.
I retracted and I therefore have a coupon of $139.
Is there any futur buyer who would like to redeem my coupon?
Matt3D can confirm its validity!

Thanks

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Excuse me, haven't had the time to read the whole thread, but you mentioned the clear top panel on the first page, is that not available anymore?

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Any news on support of the 400W hdplex AC DC?

Pretty sure they released the measurements?

Unfortunatelly HD-PLEX 400W AC-DC unit isn't compatible with xCase M. We're working to solve it but it'll take some time.

Excuse me, haven't had the time to read the whole thread, but you mentioned the clear top panel on the first page, is that not available anymore?

We offer them at no additional cost. Just write in the order notes that you'd like side panels made from clear acrylic and we'll ship them with the case.

Minigris

Efficiency Noob
Nov 7, 2017
Awesome case and I just ordered one. I also wanted to buy a lian li heat cable so I hope you have them in stock :) (added it to the notes)

Reactions: zzmadd

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
This is why I love making cases - I recently got a picture named "My favourite case ever" from a client :)

Regarding Xcase L

Will a Type D li-heat *300mm* riser work with this? Also can it support tall cards like Gigabyte's ITX ones?

Li-Heat Type D riser will fit without the case fans mounted to the bezel. Type B isn't listed in our shop but we sell it unoficially.

We recently got confirmation that Asus GTX 1080 Strix fits inside xCase L/LE. It's 134mm high, while Gigabyte GTX 1080 mini is 131mm high so it should fit without issues.

hlgr

Chassis Packer
Mar 16, 2017
Hey everyone,
I just finished my xcase S Build with a Ryzen 2400G, ASRock B450 ITX board and a low Profile GTX 1050, with the HDPlex internal AC/DC Converter as well as the 160w Plug. Cooler is a Noctua L9a AM4.
It fits the case perfectly!
Without 2.5" SSD:

With 2.5" SSD and bracket installed:

Love it so far!