Stalled Modivio xCase - customizable console-style case

DSmithBYU

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Another question: will there also be an additional fee for ridges on the top panel, near the tip of the CPU Cooler for dust filters??

MADHS

Cable Smoosher
May 26, 2018
I do have 2 questions:

- what's the maximum supported height of 2.5" drivers in the ME case? 9.5mm, 12mm, 15mm?

- will you sell the PCI-E extender in your shop in the near future?

MADHS

Cable Smoosher
May 26, 2018
@Walderston: I've seen that, but this doesn't answer any of my 2 questions ...

Last edited:

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
I remember reading that X-case M now allowed for 300W HDplex AC-DC brick to be installed when using a MSI Aero ITX 1070. Has anyone completed their build using this setup?

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Another question: will there also be an additional fee for ridges on the top panel, near the tip of the CPU Cooler for dust filters??

Do you have any particular dust filter in mind or anyone would work for you? Thermaltake Matrix D12 could be mounted directly to the side panel using screws included with each case. Other dust filters would require custom mountings which cost extra.

I do have 2 questions:

- what's the maximum supported height of 2.5" drivers in the ME case? 9.5mm, 12mm, 15mm?

- will you sell the PCI-E extender in your shop in the near future?

It depends on the PSU which you're planning to use:
1. Any PSU with external brick or HD-PLEX 400W DC-DC + 300W AC-DC internal unit - even 15mm thick 2.5" drives will fit
2. G-Unique internal HP AIO AC-DC unit - only 7mm thick SSD's will fit

Li-Heat 300mm type B risers are available on request - paid separatelly via Paypal. We're waiting untill short riers arrive to rise the price of the case and include the required riser with each order.

if requested upon order, can you change the dc plug in to an 8 pin like this 8 pin default type wth 4 mounting holes?
https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i2/40167061/TB263zHrJRopuFjSZFtXXcanpXa_!!40167061.jpg

Yes, that's not a problem at all.

Matt3D

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modivio
Mar 2, 2017
Is it have mounting hole for G-UNIQUE TYPE C? (TYPE D is nolonger available)
if not, shoud i buy mounting bracket like dell c14? (https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i2/40167061/TB263zHrJRopuFjSZFtXXcanpXa_!!40167061.jpg)

If you didn't order the unit from Gury yet - please ask him for the "Ultra slim type 2*M3 nuts". It's supported out of the box. We can also make the adapter for the "Default type 4*M3 nuts" on request. "Slim type 4* M3 nuts" is also possible but we would need the drawing with precise distance between mounting holes.

bOcy

Chassis Packer
Mar 24, 2018
We just received the first batch of risers from Li-Heat!

It is certainly possible. The cutout would have to be designed for a specific PSU because a standard SFX cutout wouldn't left enough bezel to ensure enough strength. Increasing the thickness of the case by approx. 10mm would solve the problem as well. Either way - we could do it as a custom service.
My my what are these risers for?

OK I thought they are a single piece but actually they are 1 slot each

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
Literally signed up to this forum because of my interest in this project XD

Couple of questions if I may,

* Have you considered something like a USB C front header? Personally I would like to see a USB 3 and a USB C at the front either side of the power button..Maybe good for future expansion or something that can just interconnect like I saw recently on a Fractal case.

* What kind of temps are you seeing under load in built system? I have some spare parts about (5820K, X99E-ITX/ac mobo) and I'm wondering what kind of temps I could see on this with an 120mm AIO, GTX 1060 or RX570 with a mild overclock. Probably pushing the limits but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained right?

Last edited:

Walderstorn

Average Stuffer
Apr 29, 2018
#1 - That would ruin the aesthetic of the case, which is it's strong point.

#2 - 3 hours playing BF4 with a LE model, a 2600x, sfxl, 980ti, noctua nh-l9 65 but with a 92mm Bequiet fan, average 68, Max 72.

I saw the results because I was curious coming from atx. Results may vary.

SpicerJones

Efficiency Noob
Jun 1, 2018
Picking up an xCase L - can we use 40x40x10 fans in this (in lieu of the 60x60x10)? Not sure what the mounting points look like...