Kimera Industries Project Nova: 17 liters of 5-slot mATX goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The crowdfunding campaign should be done by then but there will be several months between that date and the cases start showing up at people's door. The lead time for some of the parts is 4-6 weeks is the main problem.

Jeffinslaw

Average Stuffer
Mar 3, 2015
The crowdfunding campaign should be done by then but there will be several months between that date and the cases start showing up at people's door. The lead time for some of the parts is 4-6 weeks is the main problem.

Now if I could only find a way to swoop in there and steal some of those customers *laughs maniacally* do you have some updated pictures of the case with possible water cooling configurations?

-Jeffinslaw

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
We're not ready to share more pics yet. Though don't worry, custom loops isn't a big focus of Nova :)

Edit: I mean it's doable, but the case isn't designed around it.

AstronaughtSloth

Efficiency Noob
Jan 10, 2016
I'm super excited about this case and I'm currently planning a new build around it. I have read that the handle might become an option or completely removed altogether, but I just wanted to post that I would love the option to have a handle for this. I often game at friends places and having a case with a handle would make moving my setup so much easier. Great work though and I can't wait to see the final design specs.

Cheers!

Reactions: dragonerosso

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome to the forum! And your avatar goes great with your username :p

The handle will be an option. Those who want it really want it but we're actually the minority so it doesn't make sense to force the cost on everyone.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I would hope the cases would be shipping by August but no promises.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
According to you guys, where we are with the program in summer like August?

I would hope the cases would be shipping by August but no promises.

I'm already at the "headdesk" stage of wanting to announce and kick off the crowdfunding campaign already, so there's no way in hell we'd go so late if I have any say haha.

We're just reticent about announcing a specific date because we've over-promised and under-delivered on that front already. Can't do that again, wouldn't be fair or right for anyone.

AstronaughtSloth

Efficiency Noob
Jan 10, 2016
Welcome to the forum! And your avatar goes great with your username :p

The handle will be an option. Those who want it really want it but we're actually the minority so it doesn't make sense to force the cost on everyone.

Haha thanks. I'm glad to hear it though, and that's understandable. Thank you!

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
We're considering it but a full side window doesn't make sense since the upper half needs vented.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Maybe. More options means more complicated logistics so we're trying to keep it to a minimum.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Which part of the top needs to be vented, anyway? If you're using an AIO, an SFX PSU and normal GPUs, a full sized window could be really nice.

If logistics are a problem, it might be worth it to only sell the case in different colours, with no options, and sell all optional extras as separate parts. Yes, people that want a windowed version would have a sidepanel laying around that they don't use, but if they change their build later down the line, they won't experience any compatibility issues.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Yes, but it's not mandatory. As I said, you could come up with a configuration that allowed for a full view on all components without needing venting on the side.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The "normal" configuration the case is designed for is SFX PSU up front and radiator or top-down cooler pulling air from the side vent.

dragonerosso

Trash Compacter
Jan 10, 2016
Ok...the most important thing now is times of delivery and plans of starting of production...all of improvements after :)

Hoyas

Efficiency Noob
Dec 12, 2015
Hi, i am now collecting parts to be built using this case.

Will there be filters for the vents on the case?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.