Completed SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I'm looking to purchase a PCIE 4.0 riser too, but noticed that the link provided isn't fully 4.0 certified. I noticed the store also sells this newer model:

Would the 20cm R33SL 4.0 model work for the P-ATX V2?

Oh they have new models, thanks for noticing.

If they are better they might be worth giving a shot, but the one you linked could only work if your gpu is like below 120mm tall.

Rengoku

Case Bender
New User
Mar 8, 2022
Oh they have new models, thanks for noticing.

If they are better they might be worth giving a shot, but the one you linked could only work if your gpu is like below 120mm tall.
Cool, mine is about 112 mm, so I should be good, will try it out. Thanks!

Reactions: riba2233

spycon69

Cable Smoosher
Jul 14, 2021
I have bought the P-ATX V2 some time ago and now its the time to build an itx based pc. Question is: Can I fit a NON-custom liquid cooler in there ? MB is ASUS tuf mini-itx, gpu RX7700 XT. I have used M2 drives on the motherboard so the space where the HDD were supposed to be is empty.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I have bought the P-ATX V2 some time ago and now its the time to build an itx based pc. Question is: Can I fit a NON-custom liquid cooler in there ? MB is ASUS tuf mini-itx, gpu RX7700 XT. I have used M2 drives on the motherboard so the space where the HDD were supposed to be is empty.
Sure, I used 120mm aio in my v2 for a long time, but you need to have a short enough gpu for the rad to fit.

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022

You can fit an 4090 with 240mm AIO like MSI 4090 Suprim Liquid X and have just enough room for a 120mm AIO for the CPU.

I had a similar setup for a while, but no longer unfortunately.

spycon69

Cable Smoosher
Jul 14, 2021
Thank you for your reply and suggestions. The P-ATX V2 was a total disappointment and I have abounded the build. It is a real nightmare to try to fit in these components in a badly-design case. Although the space should be enough, the bad design ruins everything. By the way if anyone wants it I can send it. Brand new unused.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
The components mentioned are already bought. It is not possible to fit ANY non-custom liquid cooler in that case.

What do you mean, there are plenty of customer build with 120mm aios featured on our site, and I have personally used one in my p-atx v2.

Can you please explain what kind of issues did you have with the case and why didn't you contact me for some help?

spycon69

Cable Smoosher
Jul 14, 2021
What do you mean, there are plenty of customer build with 120mm aios featured on our site, and I have personally used one in my p-atx v2.

Can you please explain what kind of issues did you have with the case and why didn't you contact me for some help?
As mentioned already the case was bought 2 years ago and I believe its out of warranty/support that is why I did not send it back already. The configuration is as follows: m-atx motherboard (asus tuf gaming b650), sfx psu, gpu radeon rx7700 xt. Issues i have encountered during build: 1. cabling of the gpu riser included is very long therefore is impossible to snug between MB and GPU (bad design). 2. PSU cable is impossible to fit between MB and PSU or anywhere else. I wont even bother to try to fit any liquid cooling in there.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
As mentioned already the case was bought 2 years ago and I believe its out of warranty/support that is why I did not send it back already. The configuration is as follows: m-atx motherboard (asus tuf gaming b650), sfx psu, gpu radeon rx7700 xt. Issues i have encountered during build: 1. cabling of the gpu riser included is very long therefore is impossible to snug between MB and GPU (bad design). 2. PSU cable is impossible to fit between MB and PSU or anywhere else. I wont even bother to try to fit any liquid cooling in there.
I am sorry to hear that, but have you read the manual, it tells you how to fold the riser cable. It is more than possible as hundreds of our customers have done it successfully, same for the power cable which you just loop once in the top part of the case, doesn't have to go down to the mbo area.

I wish you contacted me when you had issues, I am still here for the support as usual.

spycon69

Cable Smoosher
Jul 14, 2021
I am sorry to hear that, but have you read the manual, it tells you how to fold the riser cable. It is more than possible as hundreds of our customers have done it successfully, same for the power cable which you just loop once in the top part of the case, doesn't have to go down to the mbo area.

I wish you contacted me when you had issues, I am still here for the support as usual.
Thanks for the offer but despite what the manual says, when you try to fold the riser cable it will put lot of pressure to the MB and its exactly where all the i/o are so I am afraid it will damage it. Regarding the psu cable, the loop you are referring is impossible to make since there is no space between the mb and the panel.

spycon69

Cable Smoosher
Jul 14, 2021
You can fit an 4090 with 240mm AIO like MSI 4090 Suprim Liquid X and have just enough room for a 120mm AIO for the CPU.

I had a similar setup for a while, but no longer unfortunately.
Maybe with a smaller MB, smaller GPU, smaller PSU. Thing is that despite the nice concept, in reality, the build is extremely difficult and requires lots of experimenting, trying, failing, trying again and again. Which - in my case - thats NOT how its supposed to be. The designer of the case should have implemented the "Don't make me think" philosophy. From the manual, where you guess where the spacers, the risers and everything should fit, to the actual build where you risk damaging each and every component.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Thanks for the offer but despite what the manual says, when you try to fold the riser cable it will put lot of pressure to the MB and its exactly where all the i/o are so I am afraid it will damage it. Regarding the psu cable, the loop you are referring is impossible to make since there is no space between the mb and the panel.

All of this is possible and fairly easy to do as it have be successfully done hundreds of time like I've said, far from impossible.

Maybe with a smaller MB, smaller GPU, smaller PSU. Thing is that despite the nice concept, in reality, the build is extremely difficult and requires lots of experimenting, trying, failing, trying again and again. Which - in my case - thats NOT how its supposed to be. The designer of the case should have implemented the "Don't make me think" philosophy. From the manual, where you guess where the spacers, the risers and everything should fit, to the actual build where you risk damaging each and every component.

Look I am really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, all of this is easy to fix an non of my customers out of hundreds of them had such issues so we could have resolved that easily. I really tried to make the build as easy as possible and to write the manual the best that I could and I think I did a good job as I received largely positive feedback for that aspect of the case.

spycon69

Cable Smoosher
Jul 14, 2021
All of this is possible and fairly easy to do as it have be successfully done hundreds of time like I've said, far from impossible.

Look I am really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, all of this is easy to fix an non of my customers out of hundreds of them had such issues so we could have resolved that easily. I really tried to make the build as easy as possible and to write the manual the best that I could and I think I did a good job as I received largely positive feedback for that aspect of the case.
Easier said than done... By the way do you accept returns ?

harryshuman

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2022

I used ITX mobo (ROG B550-ITX). The RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X can fit easily if you replace the AIO fans with 1.5cm models (instead of stock 2.5cm ones). This will leave a solid 1cm between the AIO fans and the GPU.

The case is large enough to fit 120mm AIO for the CPU if you orient its pump vertically. Horizontally all 120mm AIOs are the same size. The only thing you have to look out for is the pipe connector type and pipe lengths. Ideally you want straight pipe connectors leading into the CPU rig, and rotating ones on the heatsink. I used NZXT Kraken 120 and it worked out okay. The problem is, 120mm AIO just isn't ideal for cooling very hot CPUs. I ended up falling back to air cooled solution and disabling boosting of my CPU to cap it at 85W. It's good enough performance wise, runs quietly, less crammed and doesn't risk leaking.

PSU can be ATX and you can even use that 12VHPWR to ATX-2.0 power adapter, but wiring will be super crammed and dissassembly of the PC will be very hard. Proper ATX-3.0 SFX PSU is better obviously.

I spent entire 2023 modifying my N-ATX so I know exactly what hardware fits in it. I ultimately had to sell my 4090 since I defended my Masters and no longer needed that much power, expecially since that 12VHPWR connector made it a fire hazard. Now I'm rocking my trusty RTX 3090 with additional fan array for exhaust. It's really killing me I didn't take any pictures of my 4090 setup before I sold it.

Which - in my case - thats NOT how its supposed to be.

If you really think that way then I got bad news for you. Custom PC building scene with custom made cases is pretty much trial and error. That's kinda the whole point of it and that's how we get kicks from it.

spycon69

Cable Smoosher
Jul 14, 2021
I spent entire 2023 modifying my N-ATX

Thank you for all the useful tips, however I was referring to P-ATX V2.
I totally get what you're saying how to get kick from customizing and building from scratch etc. That is one way to see it.
However as I already mentioned in my message and you also quoted "in my case - thats NOT how its supposed to be". When you are referring to a personal opinion there is no right and wrong.
My idea behind this purchase was clearly to support a small European startup company. You now very well that - at this price point - I had numerous options. I decided however to give it a try and support a small startup. I wanted a hassle-free enjoyable build to be able to share the experience with my son. Unfortunately it was a total disappointment and "never again" decision.