Completed Lone Industries L5 - 4.6L Mini ITX

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
No issue at all, can refer to the photo below

Did you notice an uplift in performance or any difference in noise going from the stock fan to the A12x15?

That looks like the perfect solution for me - my L12 Ghost S1 has some wonkyness with its coldplate, and L12S cannot coexist in the same space with the VRM heatsink/power switch/Dell plug. Plenty of space and a 120mm fan to boot.

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
So after posting my RMA nightmare story to reddit and getting the attention of a rep, GB's USA staff finally decided to engage me via email and offered to replace the board.

I ordered a B550-I Strix off Amazon to try un the meantime - anyone have one in the Lone L5? The Big Shuriken worked well on the Aorus board, but the socket is located lower on the Strix. I'm worried the cooler will hit the barrel power connector, visually it looks like a tight fit.

Reactions: thelaughingman

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
So - glad to be finally have my TV machine back up and running after 2 months of downtime. Now with a Strix-I, and some Ballistix MAX. Starting off at 4400 18-22-22 1.5V (which it runs like a champ) and gonna get familiar with the timings from there.

Was hoping for Rev.B, but it looks like Rev.E is still in the mix in significant numbers.

But to answer my own question: anyone who wants to use a Big Shuriken 3 with the Strix-I (doesn't matter X570 or B550, same socket placement), no bueno if you need to use the L5's default barrel connector cutout for power, unless the connector is super short. Instead I put the HDPlex 7.4mm barrel down in the PCIe slot instead, still tightens snug there.

Last edited:

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Do you have the SKU for the feet? Looking for them rn

Bumper Specialties BS11

Reactions: nubbins

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
Severance has a very cute but sinister device that reminded me of the L5…

The back, not so much…

…and the footprint is more sculpted…

…so I guess it's really just the perforated front panel!

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
Bumper Specialties BS11

Where did you order yours? B.S. Inc wants $35usd shipped for 32 bumpons 😳 luckily I found the BS11s on digikey, got 64 bumpons for $22cad shipped Fedex

I understand that shipping small quantities is always a headache for companies, but that's highway robbery!

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Where did you order yours? B.S. Inc wants $35usd shipped for 32 bumpons 😳 luckily I found the BS11s on digikey, got 64 bumpons for $22cad shipped Fedex

I understand that shipping small quantities is always a headache for companies, but that's highway robbery!
I ordered from Digikey, but shipping was always $8.

gagarin61

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2021
Any chance this case will be made again? I just scored an RTX A2000 for pretty cheap. Looking to build my dream PC.

If not, how would I use the CAD file to manufacture one of my own? Simply sending it to a machine shop?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ca11idus

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Any chance this case will be made again? I just scored an RTX A2000 for pretty cheap. Looking to build my dream PC.

If not, how would I use the CAD file to manufacture one of my own? Simply sending it to a machine shop?

A sheet metal shop like Protocase or maybe Sliger could manufacture it, but be aware that a one off enclosure like this could cost you anywhere from 400-500 USD (at a guess) for a single unit. Your best course of action would be to shop around for one used, or hope that there's enough demand for another production run.