Production S700: Salvo Studios <23L ATX Steel Watercooled Unibody Chassis

crazydrums987

Case Bender
New User
Nov 5, 2021
Great video, this case looks fantastic! Do GPU waterblocks with ports on the sides (facing the panel and mobo) instead of on top fit? Also have you noticed if not having a radiator-less intake cooks the inside of the case? I'm curious what kind of temps I would get with my 3090 and 5900x in this thing. Thank you!

Reactions: grsychckn

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Great video, this case looks fantastic! Do GPU waterblocks with ports on the sides (facing the panel and mobo) instead of on top fit? Also have you noticed if not having a radiator-less intake cooks the inside of the case? I'm curious what kind of temps I would get with my 3090 and 5900x in this thing. Thank you!
Waterblocks with the ports facing the panel/motherboard will fit on the motherboard side but the GPU has to be mounted in the slot nearest the mainboard. This can cause interference issues based on both the GPU and the motherboard though. For example, I couldn't use the nearest PCIe slot for my own build because the RAM slots on the H11DSi-NT would interfere with the GPU. Also, 3090FE GPUs will have interference issues with the rear IO of most boards (especially if the mainboard has an IO cover plate).

If you have specific hardware you would like me to respond to, please just let me know.

crazydrums987

Case Bender
New User
Nov 5, 2021
I appreciate the reply, I do see what you mean from the pictures. I'm running the ekwb vector tuf 3090 block on an x570 taichi with trident z ram. It's kind of a tall gpu block so it does seem like it might hit the ram sticks.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I appreciate the reply, I do see what you mean from the pictures. I'm running the ekwb vector tuf 3090 block on an x570 taichi with trident z ram. It's kind of a tall gpu block so it does seem like it might hit the ram sticks.
I'm sorry for not seeing your reply sooner - SFF Forum has not been notifying me of replies to threads like it used to. I'll take a look this evening and see if I can give an estimate on if it would work. It may take me a few days to get the right gear to be accurate.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Original poster
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I was looking over some specs (both of the GPU and the RAM) and it seems that there will be interference with at least the RAM slots on the motherboard (specifically with the 3090FE). Also, most motherboard IO covers have been reported to me to interfere with the 3090FE which is why I include a warning on the S700 product page.

I'd love to help you if you have more questions though so please contact me directly if you have more questions.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity