- Feb 22, 2015
The wait is finally over.
Kimera Industries Nova: A 17L, 5-slot mATX case
A truly compact mATX case that still packs a punch.
The story thus far:
TL;DR Started because I wanted more RAM than would fit into my Mini-ITX NCASE M1 build. Disappointed with the available mATX cases I set out to make my own. The end result is Nova.
The prototype has arrived and is currently undergoing testing. Current plan is for a production run sometime 2015.
Sign up for the newsletter to be sure you don't miss production: http://kimeraindustries.com/subscribe
Specs (all specs are preliminary and subject to change)
- H x W x D: 300 x 170 x 333mm, 17.0L
- 20 gauge steel panels and frame
- Machined aluminum for carry handle (currently considering dropping as a default option)
- Everything powder coated
- 4.22kg (9.30lb)
- 5 expansion slots
- 113mm CPU cooler height (assuming 25mm fan and side bracket left in place)
- Thick 120mm/140mm AIO cooler support on side bracket
- SFX/SFX-L PSU
- 2 x 2.5" drive cage
- 1 x 3.5" drive in place of fifth slot (looking into adding 2 x 3.5" cage in place of bottom 3 slots)
- rear: 92mm fan
- front: 120mm fan
- bottom: 2 x 120mm fans (or 3.5" + 92mm)
top: slim 120mm fanTesting has shown the top fan is in-effective and will be dropped from production
Case designer: Aibohphobia
Web designer/business stuff: PlayfulPhoenix
5930K, SLI GTX 980s, Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5, Noctua NH-C12, and SilverStone SX600-G
SketchUp file as of 2014-11-28 https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wb9kaddf8qqniq/Nova Prototype 2014-11-28.skp?dl=0
4 or 5 slots
3.5" HDD vs useable slots
Front USB and audio