guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Reactions: rfarmer

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I recently bought an RTX A2000 and was wondering if I could "safely" use an HDPLEX250W GaN unit where the front fans sit and use a Weipu connector for some brickless goodness.

The idea would be to make a custom bracket based on the fan bracket model @Lone shared, that would still allow some air to escape from the front.

Did anyone try a build with no front fan at all ?

My components are i9-10900T, C7G with Noctua slim chromax 92mm, Asus Z490-I, 32GB b-die Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB, RTX A2000 12GB.

I'm also considering swapping the C7G for a Thermalright AXP120-X67 as it is the biggest cooler that fits my stupidly tall Asus Z490-I and Corsair Dominator Platinum.

Edit: might be worth mentioning, but I have one of the latest batches with the extended GPU vents.

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Here's a first attempt at designing an adapter to replace the front fans. I do not have an SKP model of the HDPLEX250W GaN, but it is backward compatible with the 400W HIFI... so here I go :

Here's a SKP file converted from the step file from the HDPlex site to confirm fitment. It only has the casing but it should do.