News Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX RTX 4060 Low Profile

Gigabyte is creating an RTX 4060 low-profile card: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/g...-be-the-first-low-profile-ada-lovelace-design

3 fans, single 8-pin, 2 slots.

Pie in the sky, but would love to see an RTX 4060ti (or more crazy RTX 4070) model at some point.

___

16/01/2023 Addendum

ASUS now has a 4060 Low Profile card.
188mm, triple fan.

___

19/04/2024 Addendum

Galax has a card
182mm, triple fan, but the PCIE cable is at the front which will affect clearance without a custom solution.
Will advise to look for something slightly bigger

Cases these will fit into (double check before you buy, not everything is available):

Lenovo P3/P360 ULTRA - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)/Adapter Needed
ZS A4DC V3 - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)
ZS D2 (D Config) - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Gemcase C9 - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Lone Industries L5 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod SL3 STL 4.8L Rev.1 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto - 185mm** (Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto+ - 185mm** Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
ZS D2 V2 - 186mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod Case MINI LP edit. - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
J-Hack Pure MK2 - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Lazer3D HT5 - 194mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Lazer3D Cravo - 195mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
CAPTAIN CASE V9 - 208mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
REVOCCASES N0RDR1 Nano EVO - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish 2 Plus - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
LZmod A24-V5 V2.0 - 220mm- Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML03 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML04 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish G5 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Bug C1 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
SKTC A10 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Silverstone Milo ML11 - 272mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX

Last edited:

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
Got my 4060LP today. I did need to fit the alternate backplate for my ZS-A4DC behind the front fascia to gain the extra 3mm to make it fit, but it's in there, nice and snug.

20 mins of Heaven saw 90% fan speed and 75 degrees. A spot of undervolting brought that down to 74% fan speed and 67 degrees after looping Heaven for an hour.

It's pretty well-mannered for a small card - that fin stack with heatpipes definitely helps - most small cards I've seen have to make do with a Alu sink.

Liking it a lot, so far.

Last edited:

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Turns out I had to update Afterburner to unlock proper voltage curve and custom fan profile.

While looping Heaven 4.0, after undervolting, HWinfo reported max GPU power of 89 Watts, the average was around 84.

I'm getting similar results. I tried lowering the power limit vs undervolting and undervolting gave the best result. 925mV and 2722MHz seemed to be the sweet spot to not loose any performance while staying stable. I deshrouded the card by now so can't compare stock fan speeds, but in this config, it was pulling about 90 watts, which was pretty much inaudible under load with my Noctua fans (1800rpm) at 76C.

Last edited:

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
These are incredible results, this is 100% power efficiency improvement over 3060ti and within 15% of the performance

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
What cases are everyone trying to shove one of these in?

Turns out I had to update Afterburner to unlock proper voltage curve and custom fan profile.

I'm getting similar results. I tried lowering the power limit vs undervolting and undervolting gave the best result. 925mV and 2722MHz seemed to be the sweet spot to not loose any performance while staying stable. I deshrouded the card by now so can't compare stock fan speeds, but in this config, it was pulling about 90 watts, which was pretty much inaudible under load with my Noctua fans (1800rpm) at 76C.
I considered a de-shroud on the chance that I couldn't make it fit. I might do it anyway, as I do love a spot of noctua goodness. What size fans are you running on it, a pair of 60s?

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
I considered a de-shroud on the chance that I couldn't make it fit. I might do it anyway, as I do love a spot of noctua goodness. What size fans are you running on it, a pair of 60s?

Yep, a pair of NF-A6's. Do note that it does make the card a lot thicker, so not all cases support it. Here's a list of some popular low profile cases that support 25mm thick fans when deshrouding:
  • Silverstone ML06-E
  • Silverstone ML09
  • Lazer3D CG7 Cravo
  • J-Hack Stratos X
  • J-Hack Pure MK2
  • ZS Cases ZS-D2
  • Goodisory A02
  • Metalfish S2
  • Metalfish Metal Solid
  • SKTC A10
  • My own n3rdware Yocto :)

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
Yep, a pair of NF-A6's. Do note that it does make the card a lot thicker

Yeah, I had it in my head that the A6 fans were 14mm thick. Looks like a deshroud is not on the cards at the moment, but I did squeeze a third 80mm fan in the ZS-A4DC which has improved temps and reduced fan speeds a little more.

b_force

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2019
Just ran through 6 loops of Heaven at stock clocks / voltage and peak reported power draw was 112W

After undervolting, my 5600G and 4060LP draw around 140W during a gaming load. The HDplex 250W GaN PSU is perfect.
Great to know! :) That is like about roughly 20% less! :)

Yeah I have a 300W TFX PSU, with a 5600X.
So with some undervolting on the 4060LP that would give even a bit of headroom.

Haven't tried undervolting the 5600X yet, but I believe the older AMD cpu's weren't so happy with that?

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
Great to know! :) That is like about roughly 20% less! :)

Yeah I have a 300W TFX PSU, with a 5600X.
So with some undervolting on the 4060LP that would give even a bit of headroom.

Haven't tried undervolting the 5600X yet, but I believe the older AMD cpu's weren't so happy with that?
5600x should do 20-30 on the negative curve optimiser.

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
300W is plenty to run this together with a 5600X without undervolting anything. You will never see full system draw above 220W with everything at stock.

That being said, you should still undervolt just to enjoy a quieter system for no performance loss.

Making the 4060 draw 15W less can already make a huge difference for fan curvers.
If you game at 1440p or more, you can probably run the 5600X at 45W and not see any real world performance loss.

Stifle

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2021
Yep, a pair of NF-A6's. Do note that it does make the card a lot thicker, so not all cases support it. Here's a list of some popular low profile cases that support 25mm thick fans when deshrouding:
  • Silverstone ML06-E
  • Silverstone ML09
  • Lazer3D CG7 Cravo
  • J-Hack Stratos X
  • J-Hack Pure MK2
  • ZS Cases ZS-D2
  • Goodisory A02
  • Metalfish S2
  • Metalfish Metal Solid
  • SKTC A10
  • My own n3rdware Yocto :)
LLW V36pro also works with a little shroud repositioning, needed to shorten by ~2mm and trim the power button pcb to make it fit

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've ordered it just for testing purposes, as my review of the RTX 4000 SFF with HDPLEX Gan 250W PSU will go online soon. The comparison (especially with the price in mind) will be really interesting! If you are iterested in the card after my review, I can offer you the PSU, HT5 Case and GPU in a great bundle after my review. 😇
Kind regards

*By the way...I am from Germany (EU)

Should receive finally my unit from a German Retailer! 💁‍♂️🔥