Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

Sh0ckwaveFlash

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2019
It seems like the vented front panel is currently available only for the small expands? Would this be something that we could order with the large double expand, for example? Even if it doesn't cover top to bottom...

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I think you can check out dicecases.com I refreshed the configurator, but its not final yet. Just take a look ;)
Some feedback:
  • No options for small expand?
  • I'm assuming that Large is 57mm and XL is 73?
  • You can't select different expands for top and bottom. Might be better to have one selector for Top Expand and another for Bottom, so you can mix and match. This also eliminates the "double" expand buttons. You would have 8 buttons vs. the 7 you have now and it'd be cleaner.
  • If I input my selection my price goes to 1 Euro (Large Double, Covered). Assuming prices aren't fully input yet.
  • Graphics for 2-slot/3-slot and DDC/D5 selections don't change.
Looking good, can't wait! Just have to decide between Lagune and Oxidian. Any idea if you'll have beauty shots of a blue case before we can order? Would love to see finished products side-by-side (as opposed to the black paint one).

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
It seems like the vented front panel is currently available only for the small expands? Would this be something that we could order with the large double expand, for example? Even if it doesn't cover top to bottom...
You can adjust the expand on every type, except the covered ones. If you order with covered, you cant adjust unless you buy a new front for it, but if you chose uncovered you can adjust every config for your needs. The vented front is for aircooling configs, so you cant put other things then HDDs, SSDs or fans in the expands, and the small expand can cover that.
Some feedback:
  • No options for small expand?
  • I'm assuming that Large is 57mm and XL is 73?
  • You can't select different expands for top and bottom. Might be better to have one selector for Top Expand and another for Bottom, so you can mix and match. This also eliminates the "double" expand buttons. You would have 8 buttons vs. the 7 you have now and it'd be cleaner.
  • If I input my selection my price goes to 1 Euro (Large Double, Covered). Assuming prices aren't fully input yet.
  • Graphics for 2-slot/3-slot and DDC/D5 selections don't change.
Looking good, can't wait! Just have to decide between Lagune and Oxidian. Any idea if you'll have beauty shots of a blue case before we can order? Would love to see finished products side-by-side (as opposed to the black paint one).
Thanks for the feedback!

- With the distro in front there is no small expand, because if you want to watercool it, you need to get min. 1 large expand for a rad. with the vented frontpanel, you can chose 3 types. If you cant find the vented front, just click the BASE modell, and you can select it again.
-Yup!
- Its not about the webpage, its about the manufacturing process. I can simply add frontplates for every possible configuration, but manufacturing that many types of panels is kinda hard right now, so we must focus on the most used ones. The case can expand any ways, so if you need like a small expand at the bottom (for storage etc.) , you can just go for it. Its really little hole, and it bends to the design really well so you dont need to worry about it. The large expands is another animal... But yeah, will be easier for the buyer if he can chose top/bottom expands, seperatly. I think about that.
-Yes, yes, could be a really good price for it :)
-Because it doesnt change the look of the case too much. The 3slot GPU backplate is in the back, and the DDC variant is just 1 less element inside the distro. If I want I can do it, but with all these variations, I must make 200 more renders what takes ages.. 1 render is like 5-10min, so I hope you can understand that.

Thats why I need to delay the preorders a bit, because I want to see the final colors :p
Not the end of the world, but the configurator selections don't update the image on Safari 13.
Yes thats some kind of a bug, that was perfect before.. I try to find out what causes that.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Its not about the webpage, its about the manufacturing process. I can simply add frontplates for every possible configuration, but manufacturing that many types of panels is kinda hard right now, so we must focus on the most used ones. The case can expand any ways, so if you need like a small expand at the bottom (for storage etc.) , you can just go for it. Its really little hole, and it bends to the design really well so you dont need to worry about it. The large expands is another animal... But yeah, will be easier for the buyer if he can chose top/bottom expands, seperatly. I think about that.
I think you'd be better off greying out the options you don't want to manufacture or that aren't compatible (like small expand + distro) rather than having the UI the way it is.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
The distros are arrived, and looks promising! Tomorrow the stopfittings are come, so I can share some nice covered distros.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
What are the outer dimensions of the case? including and excluding things like feet, screws, etc?
BASE DIMENSIONS
12.5L-21.1L VOLUME
209 X 161 X 372 MM

EXPANDED DIMENSIONS
1st expand: 27mm (fans, drives) 235 X 162 X 372
Both covers expanded: 261 X 162 X 372

2nd expand: 57mm (30mm radiators + fans, AIOs) 265 X 162 X 372
Both covers expanded: 321 X 162 X 372

3rd expand: 73mm (45mm radiators + fans) 281 X 162 X 372
Both covers expanded: 353 X 162 X 372

120/140 mm fans and 120/140/240/280 radiators supported depends on the expand

zc_lzy

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 27, 2019
If I use extra-large expand set, can I lower it? Like getting back to the minimum one. Thanks

From 3rd expand to BASE DIMENSION

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
If I use extra-large expand set, can I lower it? Like getting back to the minimum one. Thanks

From 3rd expand to BASE DIMENSION
Yes you can, if you chose uncovered in the configurator. Or you can buy 2 set of frontpanels, a base one, and a covered one.