Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Oh man. Seeing that front cover made me think of how awesome it would be as an overlay on top of the distroplate as an option. I know it definitely isn't a possibility with how things are set up now... but please think about it for a future revision, or even just a render to see how that could look. I think it's really slick.
Yeah its unfortunatelly impossible because of the expandability, but I have future plans with it!

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
This is all really awesome, thanks for the background. Does this mean every plate is being made to order? If so, could we do things like request certain inlet positioning?
I think its a bit out of our capacity, as we need to make bigger banches . Its could be really hard for Andy to plan every distro with different holes, and a potential to f*** up the orders by not sending the right distro to the buyer. I need to ask him about that.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I think its a bit out of our capacity, as we need to make bigger banches . Its could be really hard for Andy to plan every distro with different holes, and a potential to f*** up the orders by not sending the right distro to the buyer. I need to ask him about that.
Understood, that's fair.

Reactions: diceboii13

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Been making a set of the different sizes of distro plate this week. Front, Rear, Pump Mounts and Flow Meter.

Some of you are probably interested in the details so here you go.

Since I have switched to a Whiteside 1/4 Inch Solid Carbide O-Flute Cutter which is specially designed for routing plastic I had to get a new dust extraction system. The router was producing more dust and also throwing the dust everywhere as the feed speed is much higher than I used previously. Now running at 3810 mm/Min 18000 Rpm. 1.5 mm depth of cut.

I still have to do a finishing cut with a 3 mm cutter to improve the cosmetics of the water channels but this can be done when the all the screw holes are cut.

I also figured out a way to improve the setup time for machining the second side of the rear plate. I can flip the parts over but leave the Perspex sheet bolted to the table with the zero coordinates set to the same point. Then with some 1/4 inch dowel pins inserted between the parts and the surround which is the size of the cutter used to rout it out the part is in exactly the right location to machine the second side. This way I should be able to do multiple parts at a time instead of setting them up one at a time.

Only three sets of Pump Mounts were needed because the fourth distro plate is for a DDC Pump which does not need these parts apparently.

Making the gaskets form 2 mm Nitrile O ring Cord

Flow Meters

I have to machine a second setup on the flow meters to make a nub (high point) for them to spin on. If they were left flat they would stick to the distributor due to surface tension of the liquid.

PC Design Foundry

Is that a Bailegh CNC router table?

umicro

Cable Smoosher
Oct 31, 2019
@diceboii13 is it possible to make the expanded distroplates have a larger portion on the top - it would require a more milling - but this would give the unit a bigger reservoir or would it look weird due to the asymetrical portion?

Thanks

Whippler

Trash Compacter
Nov 11, 2019
@diceboii13 is it possible to make the expanded distroplates have a larger portion on the top - it would require a more milling - but this would give the unit a bigger reservoir or would it look weird due to the asymetrical portion?

Thanks

Has been asked before. The frame of the case bloks the inner layer of acrylic from extending :/

Last edited:

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
I am not sure if anyone asked this but is it possible to run a 92mm rad inside the case no top or bottom extension for smallest config. Not sure if I would still use distro for that but just wanted to know if this was possible. Honestly, I really like this case. I know people were like air cooling in this case would be a disservice but for most this case is basically every sliger sm series put together in one. Saves me so much hassle if I decide to swap a config. I thought about a 92mm aio spine mod in the ghost but don't care enough anymore. I could go with a formula x1 if I really wanted maintain the look and avoid cutting or getting another spine made. But, as of right now I could move my ghost parts over. Run everything on air or run it with an eisaber LT aio rad custom tubing or I can commit to a loop distro day 1. But, I want to wait for summer to come before I do that way I can try out all the configs before I do that. I also like OP has a ghost my custom psu cables are a bit tight and I think everything should fit just fine in this case. Maybe a 200mm gpu cable might be too short but I can reorder if needed.

TLDR: Can we fit a Asetek 92mm aio in the smallest config of the case?

Edit: Is it possible to shove a slim rad (240/280) in the bottom of the case the have one fan in the case or is there no space below psu or mobo for a slim fan either. That would similar to a ghost medium hat slim rad with one 25mm fan below psu running as intake similar to a Dan case build running an aio.

Last edited:

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I am not sure if anyone asked this but is it possible to run a 92mm rad inside the case no top or bottom extension for smallest config. Not sure if I would still use distro for that but just wanted to know if this was possible. Honestly, I really like this case. I know people were like air cooling in this case would be a disservice but for most this case is basically every sliger sm series put together in one. Saves me so much hassle if I decide to swap a config. I thought about a 92mm aio spine mod in the ghost but don't care enough anymore. I could go with a formula x1 if I really wanted maintain the look and avoid cutting or getting another spine made. But, as of right now I could move my ghost parts over. Run everything on air or run it with an eisaber LT aio rad custom tubing or I can commit to a loop distro day 1. But, I want to wait for summer to come before I do that way I can try out all the configs before I do that. I also like OP has a ghost my custom psu cables are a bit tight and I think everything should fit just fine in this case. Maybe a 200mm gpu cable might be too short but I can reorder if needed.

TLDR: Can we fit a Asetek 92mm aio in the smallest config of the case?

Edit: Is it possible to shove a slim rad (240/280) in the bottom of the case the have one fan in the case or is there no space below psu or mobo for a slim fan either. That would similar to a ghost medium hat slim rad with one 25mm fan below psu running as intake similar to a Dan case build running an aio.
The only way, to watercool it fully closed, is a 120mm rad in the front without the distro. Under the psu there is no space when its closed, in the front theres only mounting holes for the 120mm one. The smaller mounts will block the tubes coming out from the distro, and the mounting mechanism is the same for the distro, and for any other stuffs in the front like drives fans etc. With some 120 to 92mm bracket can solve this problem tho.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
new pre-order date?
Im waiting for the anodized results, but if its good, we are good to go! :) Im calulated January 2, but it seems like it will be delayed a couple of days. I delayed once before, so I dont want to do that again, but its out of my hands right now.. I hope at least Jan 10 max 15, but I will inform everybody before a week.

Reactions: zc_lzy and rfarmer

Fiction

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2019
Merry Xmas guys!
What option is that white case to the furthest left? Will there be an option of full distro front and flush sides like the white case in that picture for people who aren't interested in expand-ability or shrink-ability. for example just wanting to fit a radiator on top and bottom.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
What option is that white case to the furthest left? Will there be an option of full distro front and flush sides like the white case in that picture for people who aren't interested in expand-ability or shrink-ability. for example just wanting to fit a radiator on top and bottom.
The white case on the left has no space for either radiators, fans, or HDDs in the top or bottom, since its at smallest size, if I understand the configurations correctly. You MUST expand in order to get rad space.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Smallest config would work well for air cooling. 2 slot gpu and L12s solid contender. Big Shuriken 3 with nf-a12x25 doesn't work. Too tall. Idk what is the best 70mm air cooler but based off my research I think an axp 100 68mm full copper would be king. Then we could throw a 140 slim with 120mm fan mounts from Cyrotek on it.
If you have never built or too scared to build a loop. I would still say this case is worth for built in expandability and you could always just add an aio. Don't ask me on tubing. But, if you want to build a loop. Of course with 2 280mm rad it would be decently bigger than a ghost but the thermal headroom would be great.
I am excited to see some builds in this. Plus because of the distro it would make it worlds easier for emptying the loop before air travel.
Ghost hats are so ghetto and 2 of those IMO just ruins aesthetic and too tall.
This case expanded looks good to me. Honestly, like I said its basically the king of the SM sliger series. I guess no handle really the only thing missing also if you don't like this look.
The only thing I am not sure about is I own a 2 slot gpu right now. But, I am interested in 3 slot in future or if all high end cards become 2.5-3 slot with rtx 3000 series cards then my ghost would become an s4 mini. I just want clarification on how I could buy that part to make it 3 slot or it must be done from day 1. Also, interested in bifurcation adapter.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
The white case on the left has no space for either radiators, fans, or HDDs in the top or bottom, since its at smallest size, if I understand the configurations correctly. You MUST expand in order to get rad space.
Unfortunatelly, with the distro in the front you cant close the case and put a radiator in it. To be honest, I didnt really think about that when I rendered the picture. The only option you have, is to put a 120 rad (AIO) in front with a vented frontpanel. It gives you the smallest possible watercooling in the Flow. You must have a 56mm expand, if you want to want the distro.
Smallest config would work well for air cooling. 2 slot gpu and L12s solid contender. Big Shuriken 3 with nf-a12x25 doesn't work. Too tall. Idk what is the best 70mm air cooler but based off my research I think an axp 100 68mm full copper would be king. Then we could throw a 140 slim with 120mm fan mounts from Cyrotek on it.
If you have never built or too scared to build a loop. I would still say this case is worth for built in expandability and you could always just add an aio. Don't ask me on tubing. But, if you want to build a loop. Of course with 2 280mm rad it would be decently bigger than a ghost but the thermal headroom would be great.
I am excited to see some builds in this. Plus because of the distro it would make it worlds easier for emptying the loop before air travel.
Ghost hats are so ghetto and 2 of those IMO just ruins aesthetic and too tall.
This case expanded looks good to me. Honestly, like I said its basically the king of the SM sliger series. I guess no handle really the only thing missing also if you don't like this look.
The only thing I am not sure about is I own a 2 slot gpu right now. But, I am interested in 3 slot in future or if all high end cards become 2.5-3 slot with rtx 3000 series cards then my ghost would become an s4 mini. I just want clarification on how I could buy that part to make it 3 slot or it must be done from day 1. Also, interested in bifurcation adapter.
I agreed what you said. But the handle is so difficult, it can be placed only in the back of the case, and it will block a lot of cables.
You can buy the 3slot variant from the start. Its basically a different backpanel. But it leaves you to watercool your CPU or get a small 65mm cooler for it. And its around 3,5 slot. As well as the 2 slot, its 2,5 in real. And you cant put a 2,5" drive behind the PSU with the 3 slot variant, because it will cant fit.