Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Sweet! Post some pics of the TG version when you get the parts.
Ive got the tempered glass, just waiting for the final case, to put in! Until then there is the flowmeter hehe.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Some measurement that I did with Aircooling:

EVGA 1080ti ftw3
Furmark 1.20.7.0
Room temperature: 21 degree

Tempered glass:
-Idle: 45 degree
-Stress: 76 degree
-Fans at 80-90%

Vented sidepanel:
-Idle: 42 degree
-Stress: 58-60 degree
-Fans at 40%

For aircooling, the vented sidepanel for the GPU is recommended.
Im not gonna stress my CPU now because its a bit outdated.

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
Some measurement that I did with Aircooling:

EVGA 1080ti ftw3
Furmark 1.20.7.0
Room temperature: 21 degree

Tempered glass:
-Idle: 45 degree
-Stress: 76 degree
-Fans at 80-90%

Vented sidepanel:
-Idle: 42 degree
-Stress: 58-60 degree
-Fans at 40%

For aircooling, the vented sidepanel for the GPU is recommended.
Im not gonna stress my CPU now because its a bit outdated.
I'm not exactly up to date on case thermals these days, but not throttling seems really good for tempered glass? good work!

Reactions: diceboii13

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Honestly, no one should use air-cooled GPU in this case lol, that would be a crime.
Agreed. I think if you aren't buying this case with a distro plate for a custom loop, you're doing it wrong :D

I could maybe see some people getting it without the Distro plate for dual AIO setups, but come on - it's a ? ? DISTRO PLATE? ? in an SFF case.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Honestly, no one should use air-cooled GPU in this case lol, that would be a crime.
Agreed. I think if you aren't buying this case with a distro plate for a custom loop, you're doing it wrong :D

I could maybe see some people getting it without the Distro plate for dual AIO setups, but come on - it's a ? ? DISTRO PLATE? ? in an SFF case.
I know guys, I know.. but dont have watercooling rig just yet, and @D10S is on holiday, so I need to come up with some information XD

• Haha
Reactions: D10S

alauder

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2019
www.pcdesignfoundry.com
Been making a set of the different sizes of distro plate this week. Front, Rear, Pump Mounts and Flow Meter.

Some of you are probably interested in the details so here you go.

Since I have switched to a Whiteside 1/4 Inch Solid Carbide O-Flute Cutter which is specially designed for routing plastic I had to get a new dust extraction system. The router was producing more dust and also throwing the dust everywhere as the feed speed is much higher than I used previously. Now running at 3810 mm/Min 18000 Rpm. 1.5 mm depth of cut.

I still have to do a finishing cut with a 3 mm cutter to improve the cosmetics of the water channels but this can be done when the all the screw holes are cut.

I also figured out a way to improve the setup time for machining the second side of the rear plate. I can flip the parts over but leave the Perspex sheet bolted to the table with the zero coordinates set to the same point. Then with some 1/4 inch dowel pins inserted between the parts and the surround which is the size of the cutter used to rout it out the part is in exactly the right location to machine the second side. This way I should be able to do multiple parts at a time instead of setting them up one at a time.

Only three sets of Pump Mounts were needed because the fourth distro plate is for a DDC Pump which does not need these parts apparently.

Making the gaskets form 2 mm Nitrile O ring Cord

Flow Meters

I have to machine a second setup on the flow meters to make a nub (high point) for them to spin on. If they were left flat they would stick to the distributor due to surface tension of the liquid.

PC Design Foundry

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
Been making a set of the different sizes of distro plate this week. Front, Rear, Pump Mounts and Flow Meter.

Since I have switched to a Whiteside 1/4 Inch Solid Carbide O-Flute Cutter which is specially designed for routing plastic I had to get a new dust extraction system. The router was producing more dust and also throwing the dust everywhere as the feed speed is much higher than I used previously. Now running at 3810 mm/Min 18000 Rpm. 1.5 mm depth of cut.

I still have to do a finishing cut with a 3 mm cutter to improve the cosmetics of the water channels but this can be done when the all the screw holes are cut.

I also figured out a way to improve the setup time for machining the second side of the rear plate. I can flip the parts over but leave the Perspex sheet bolted to the table with the zero coordinates set to the same point. Then with some 1/4 inch dowel pins inserted between the parts and the surround which is the size of the cutter used to rout it out the part is in exactly the right location to machine the second side. This way I should be able to do multiple parts at a time instead of setting them up one at a time.

Only three sets of Pump Mounts were needed because the fourth distro plate is for a DDC Pump which does not need these parts apparently.

Flow Meters

I have to machine a second setup on the flow meters to make a nub (high point) for them to spin on. If they were left flat they would stick to the distributor due to surface tension of the liquid.

PC Design Foundry
This is really interesting, thanks for the insight into the manufacturing process!

Reactions: alauder

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com

Flow Meters

PC Design Foundry
I really love your work so far, and really enjoy these kind of insights. These works are speaking from itself. Im so happy about our collab! ?

Reactions: alauder

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

Flow Meters

PC Design Foundry
This is all really awesome, thanks for the background. Does this mean every plate is being made to order? If so, could we do things like request certain inlet positioning?

Sh0ckwaveFlash

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2019
Oh man. Seeing that front cover made me think of how awesome it would be as an overlay on top of the distroplate as an option. I know it definitely isn't a possibility with how things are set up now... but please think about it for a future revision, or even just a render to see how that could look. I think it's really slick.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Oh man. Seeing that front cover made me think of how awesome it would be as an overlay on top of the distroplate as an option. I know it definitely isn't a possibility with how things are set up now... but please think about it for a future revision, or even just a render to see how that could look. I think it's really slick.
Yeah its unfortunatelly impossible because of the expandability, but I have future plans with it!