Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
...I think i will go with 9700k, and the Asrock z390 Phantom Gaming itx board. and 1080ti from my current PC. I'm hoping to find a good deal on black friday for the new hardware. Looks like your case is still a month or two away from final design? Ques i'll have to put the itx hardware into my R6, until i can get my hands on this case.
- Any news on the tempered glass sidepanels?
- How long gpu can you fit into the case? is the pump going to limit the length? >>> 30,4 cm
- I will be putting the 280x45 rad at the top. Could it be possible to fit/mount two 3.5" hard drives AND two 140 intake fans to the bottom when its fully extended? I know the HDDs will block a lot of the airflow but maybe there could be enough of a gap to do it?

Right now i'm testing with:

- i9 9900K
- AsRock Z390 Phantom ITX
- G.Skill Trident Z F4-3000C16D-16GTZR
- Corsair SF750
- Gigabyte RX580
- Rad: 240 from BeQuiet Silent Loop 240 (not bad...but there are a lot of more efficient 240 rad!)
- Fan: 2x120 from BeQuiet Silent Loop 240 (horrible)
- CPU Block: Bykski Intel CPU-XPR-B-PA 2018 Symphony

- Pump: Alphacool VPP755 - Single Edition V.3

Last edited:

Whippler

Trash Compacter
Nov 11, 2019
Right now i'm testing with:

- i9 9900K
- AsRock Z390 Phantom ITX
- G.Skill Trident Z F4-3000C16D-16GTZR
- Corsair SF750
- Gigabyte RX580
- Rad: 240 from BeQuiet Silent Loop 240 (not bad...but there are a lot of more efficient 240 rad!)
- Fan: 2x120 from BeQuiet Silent Loop 240 (horrible)
- CPU Block: Bykski Intel CPU-XPR-B-PA 2018 Symphony

- Pump: Alphacool VPP755 - Single Edition V.3

Sweet, so my 1080ti Strix, 285mm long is going to fit just fine. Are you watercooling the GPU tough? Im going to have 9700k (or 3700x, still debating), and the 1080ti Strix. bigger rad tough, 280, and 45mm thick. And 140mm Nuctua industrial 3000rpm fans.

Reactions: diceboii13 and D10S

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
Sweet, so my 1080ti Strix, 285mm long is going to fit just fine. Are you watercooling the GPU tough? Im going to have 9700k (or 3700x, still debating), and the 1080ti Strix. bigger rad tough, 280, and 45mm thick. And 140mm Nuctua industrial 3000rpm fans.
Of course i want to watercool gpu too, but i'm planning to buy new card...
No experience with AMD cpu, but recently built up a system for a friend with 9700K (Aircooled) and a 1070, impressed me a lot...so i decided to make a try with 9900K...and it's a little monster!
9700K it's a great choice.
(even if...with this KS and KF out you can find offer on 9900K or a second hand?)
1080 TI rocks. ?
This case with a 280mm x 45mm and 2 x 140 Noctua Indastrial >>> ??????

Reactions: diceboii13

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
The poll is being displayed all jacked up on my iPhone so hard to vote (other posts are overlayed) but for me the big thing would be a dual 280 rad system that I could try and use for a dual gpu build. Having it expand doesn’t matter much to me. Actualy I’d rather have a something with no large gaps in the sides where it did expand out. Obvi the distro plate is also a must :)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Especially if it leads to lower costs. I'll go for 2x 280 anyway.
Unfortunatelly, I cant go down with the price, around 230usd is the bottom with the distro. I'm really trying to keep it there, but man surface treatment is really expensive. XD
The poll is being displayed all jacked up on my iPhone so hard to vote (other posts are overlayed) but for me the big thing would be a dual 280 rad system that I could try and use for a dual gpu build. Having it expand doesn’t matter much to me. Actualy I’d rather have a something with no large gaps in the sides where it did expand out. Obvi the distro plate is also a must :)
The gaps is also one example why I thinking about to change design, a bit. But I gonna sleep some days for that. Yes, the distro is the most important part of the build! :p

Reactions: bricemx and D10S

kosta

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 27, 2019
I imagine most people would have it in a single configuration. Some of the config options don't make this a compelling case, there are more established alternatives that would make more sense. The two rad setup with the distro in front is what gets people excited, so it would make sense to make that layout as polished as possible for v1. No one says it couldn't be modular in some future revision once you have more time to really nail down the design so it doesn't look cobbled together and full of compromises for a feature most people won't need.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I imagine most people would have it in a single configuration. Some of the config options don't make this a compelling case, there are more established alternatives that would make more sense. The two rad setup with the distro in front is what gets people excited, so it would make sense to make that layout as polished as possible for v1. No one says it couldn't be modular in some future revision once you have more time to really nail down the design so it doesn't look cobbled together and full of compromises for a feature most people won't need.
Exactly, thats the point I think about for weeks now! Fortunatelly Ive got the resources now to change the design within weeks so I may give it a try.

Reactions: TheBigG and kosta

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Exactly, thats the point I think about for weeks now! Fortunatelly Ive got the resources now to change the design within weeks so I may give it a try.
My opinion - I would like to see it ship in some form over not shipping at all. That said...
One of the attractions of the case was - build it with a single 280 radiator, see how well that does from a cooling standpoint. If I need additional heat dissipation, I could expand it and add another 30mm or 45mm radiator without changing much. With a single radiator, it's about the size of the SM580 but with integrated distroplate. Expanded more, it's barely an SFF case, but if that gets me to where I want to be thermally then it's worth it.
But if the case has to ship one way, where it's 2x30mm radiators and no expandability, I would live with that. It would just be nice to shrink it at that point.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Until I gonna figure out what would I do, here are some pictures from the manufacture o_O:cool:
I gonna meet the boss wednesday and gonna talk about the threads, surface, packaging etc. And my (freaking expensive) tempered glass samples coming as well as the custom power buttons. And some cables, magnets (I try to attach some magnets to the glass to prevent dropping when building in the case) feets etc... So its coming together step by step. I have ideas for the expanded distros to make it more busy.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
I don't think what someone will use this case without any radiator. Only option without expand for rad it is use short GPU or APU and 120 rad in free space.
All other option is one or two 240/280 rads. 99% of this rads is ~30mm. 45mm in my opinion is useless option.
Also some people will use one rad and two additional bottom/top 25mm fans.

Last edited:

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I don't think what someone will use this case without any radiator. Only option without expand for rad it is use short GPU or APU and 120 rad in free space.
All other option is one or two 240/280 rads. 99% of this rads is ~30mm. 45mm in my opinion is useless option.
Also some people will use one rad and two additional bottom/top 25mm fans.
I think 2*280 30mm thick radiator will be the ideal sweet spot. It looks nice from outside, and gives almost the best performance. 45mm is just too big for my taste, but its my opinion. I leave that option, maybe someone likes it.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I think 2*280 30mm thick radiator will be the ideal sweet spot. It looks nice from outside, and gives almost the best performance. 45mm is just too big for my taste, but its my opinion. I leave that option, maybe someone likes it.
A single 45mm radiator with two fans should perform better than one 30mm rad but not as good as two. It's an option in the middle that would be useful if two * 280 rads is overkill.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I loved the modularity idea, but not as much once I saw pics of the fully expanded finished product. I think this case would be a no brainer with space for a single radiator at the top or bottom (one or the other - not both), and a distroplate that expands the entire height of the case. That keeps the gorgeous signature distroplate face (even bigger and more beautiful/impressive this way), and doesn't leave unsightly air gaps above and below it if both rads were taken advantage of. It should also help with engineering/manufacturing the side and top panels.

Either way you go, I think this case is a potential game changer for many, and I look forward to seeing the project launch in all its glory!

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
I think this case only makes sense for dual 280 radiator support, not for single one. Hopefully no more delays because my cash is ready!

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I think this case only makes sense for dual 280 radiator support, not for single one. Hopefully no more delays because my cash is ready!
I think the distroplate makes it superior to something like the SM580 or even Ghost S1 because it makes running everything simpler (and looks way cooler!). So even with a single 280 radiator I think there's a benefit to this case.
That said, I would prefer it ship with 2x280 if it must be a single size.