Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

MoarCoffeePlzzz

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 2, 2015
I heard that these will be on SFFLab and Newegg in the future at a bit more of an affordable price via OptimumTech on Youtube. Are there any tentative dates or price points that can be hinted at? I saw a few pages back something about "+4 months" because of a backlog. Is this lead time for current cases on your site or until you will have cases being sold on retail outlets?

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Just to follow up, TG will never happen with this case.

We would be endorsing both portability with a handle, and not so portable glass - bad combo.

The acrylic is not your standard acrylic, it's impact modified, same stuff you would find in motorcycle visors - good combo.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I heard that these will be on SFFLab and Newegg in the future at a bit more of an affordable price via OptimumTech on Youtube. Are there any tentative dates or price points that can be hinted at? I saw a few pages back something about "+4 months" because of a backlog. Is this lead time for current cases on your site or until you will have cases being sold on retail outlets?

Once our handle delay is over and the coupon for OptimumTech expires we will be getting on NewEgg. I need to check back in with Joshua / Dan / Wahaha about SFFLAB - they have a lot planned and a bunch of projects, will see where this falls.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
the comments on the optimum tech video man, they don't know how much cost is for low production items and cost of steel products.
They also don't know that it's made in the USA, not in Asia...
I did laugh and cringe at the comments; the review however, was excellent and well balanced.
Good choice @KSliger

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
the comments on the optimum tech video man, they don't know how much cost is for low production items and cost of steel products.

Anytime you see a boutique SFF case reviewed on Youtube you get the same type of idiots crawling out of the woodwork. These are the same people who think a Cougar QBX Kave is just as good as a Dan A4-SFX so why on earth would you ever by a Dan?

Reactions: loader963

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Nice review by Optimum tech. I dig the content and the polish in his vids. As for the masses crying about the price.. Its up to enthusiasts such as ourselves to show them a better way. :cool: I left a comment on the video sharing some short thoughts on the case without flaming the 'HUR DUR PRICE SUX its GARBAGE" crowd. Despite desperately wanting to... I fully understand that everyone has opinions on price and perceived value. So the real challenge here is to get some really great SFF enclosures out there for 100-150 bucks or even less. Lazer3d is getting there with HT5 which is really encouraging. There is a nice upscale but less painful price point there to be had for whoever can pull it off.

Love my CerbX and to me? Worth the $ though.;)

MoarCoffeePlzzz

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 2, 2015
Ordered one! The OptimumTech 15% coupon was the reason that I pulled the trigger on it and not wait to see what pricing looks like on Newegg. I was a supporter of Caselabs and now excited to own another US made enclosure. Now I just gotta see if I should hold out for 10nm and stick with Skylake or grab a 9700K and that new Gene mobo..

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Upon posting my loop ideas to reddit, I was told that dual 280 would provide the best cooling. Is it true that dual 280s can fit with slim fans?

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
One last question for now. Do the slim 140mm fans with 120mm mounts work with the radiator, or does it need a 140mm mount?
Don’t know if there are slim 140mm fan.
But if I can, I want to suggest to use a double 240mm, that in any case will be overkill for one gpu and one cpu. And it’s way easier to mount them! But, it’s up to you :)

Reactions: loader963