Chimera Industries Cerberus: The 18L, mATX, USA-made enclosure

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
I think I have everything to get started other than the gpu blocks since I’m undecided on the gpu. The loop will have a red/white theme.

• White BARROW Fitting use for Inside Diameter 9.5mm + Outside Diameter 12.7 Soft Tube 3/8"ID X 1/2"OD Tubing Hand Fittings THKN-3/8-B03
  • PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 3/8in. ID X 1/2in. OD - Bloodshed Red
  • Bitspower DDC 3.2 Pump PWM
  • Black Ice GTS 240 Radiator in red (2)
  • DDC Mini Water Tank Ultra
  • Z-CAP III With G1/4" x2 (POM Version)
  • Bitspower Pump Cooler For DDC/MCP355 (Black)
  • EK-DDC Anti-Vibration Mounting
  • EK-UNI Pump Bracket (120mm FAN)
  • Heatkiller IV PRO TR4 waterblock
  • Original BARROWCH black,white CD grain water sealing up lock plug fitting adapter connect G1/4 screw thread fittings FBLCDT-V1 in white (4)
  • White Barrow G1/4" Metal Multi-Way Fitting Connector 3 Ways TX3T-A01 (2)
  • White Barrow TLQFS-V1 MINI Double Female Thread Ball Valve Red Lever
  • White Barrow G1/4 '' dual external thread connection double male adapter thread connector for water cooling system TB2D-02 (4)
  • White Barrow 45 Degree Double Rotary Revolvable Male to Female Snake Angle Fitting with G1/4" threads Silver Black White Gold Options (6)
  • White Barrow 90 Degree Male to Female Rotary Revolvable Angle Fitting Adapter with G1/4" threads Silver Black White Gold Color Options (10)

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I think I have everything to get started other than the gpu blocks since I’m undecided on the gpu. The loop will have a red/white theme.

• Barrow 3/8"X5/8" 10mm(ID) X 16mm(OD) Soft Tubing Pipe Compression Fittings With G1/4" Thread White (20)
  • PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 3/8in. ID X 5/8in. OD - Bloodshed Red (1)
  • Bitspower DDC 3.2 Pump PWM
  • Black Ice GTS 240 Radiator in red (2)
  • DDC Mini Water Tank Ultra Z-CAP III With G1/4" x2 (POM Version)
  • Bitspower Pump Cooler For DDC/MCP355 (Black)
  • EK-DDC Anti-Vibration Mounting
  • EK-UNI Pump Bracket (120mm FAN)
  • Heatkiller IV PRO TR4 waterblock
  • Original BARROWCH black,white CD grain water sealing up lock plug fitting adapter connect G1/4 screw thread fittings FBLCDT-V1 in white (4)
  • White Barrow G1/4" Metal Multi-Way Fitting Connector 3 Ways TX3T-A01 (2)
  • White Barrow TLQFS-V1 MINI Double Female Thread Ball Valve Red Lever
  • White Barrow G1/4 '' dual external thread connection double male adapter thread connector for water cooling system TB2D-02 (4)
  • White Barrow 45 Degree Double Rotary Revolvable Male to Female Snake Angle Fitting with G1/4" threads Silver Black White Gold Options (6)
  • White Barrow 90 Degree Male to Female Rotary Revolvable Angle Fitting Adapter with G1/4" threads Silver Black White Gold Color Options (10)
Only one thing: for me, the 16 OD are too much. I suggest the 13. I did the same at the beginning, and the problem are not the tubes, but the bigger dimensions of the fittings, of course if you have chosen the compression one! The 13 are much better proportioned with the case and space

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Only one thing: for me, the 16 OD are too much. I suggest the 13. I did the same at the beginning, and the problem are not the tubes, but the bigger dimensions of the fittings, of course if you have chosen the compression one! The 13 are much better proportioned with the case and space
Where can I find the same fittings in 13 OD? Are they on aliexpress as well? I tried looking for them and didn't see anything. I'd like to stay with Barrow.

EDIT: Are they the 3/8 x 1/2 fittings (10 x 13mm)? If so, I'll pick those up in white along with the red tubing.

EDIT 2: Confirmed that 3/8 x 1/2 is 10x13mm OD.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Has anyone had any problems with GPU cable clearance when using the front window x2 2.5" bracket?

Also @KSliger , I'm sure it's been asked and answered already, but 250 pages :p. The left and right side panels are interchangeable correct? 90% they are but just wanted to confirm. Picking up a windowed panel for the X, but not positive I'll be able to keep it cool enough. So I figured I'd order a windowed left panel, a vented right panel, and request an extra solid panel if that's doable?

Thanks!

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I probably can only estimate radiator clearance (if you're going for Cerberus-X you should do fine with those pair), but other than that I'm less qualified to give rough estimates ,_,

think at this point it's just checking to see if your tubing parts are compatible with each other (you can ask any PC forum anywhere about that), but going by the previous conversation above, if that's settled then it's the last sanity check before committing

hang on for others to comment?

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
I probably can only estimate radiator clearance (if you're going for Cerberus-X you should do fine with those pair), but other than that I'm less qualified to give rough estimates ,_,

think at this point it's just checking to see if your tubing parts are compatible with each other (you can ask any PC forum anywhere about that), but going by the previous conversation above, if that's settled then it's the last sanity check before committing

hang on for others to comment?
I’ll be using the Cerberus X. I’m hanging on for the last sanity check.

Reactions: VegetableStu

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
soooooo I had a look at Deepcool's MF120 fans and going by their official diagram the distance from mount to the back of the fan is under the 19mm (19.35mm?*) gap clearance of the front panel...

so modding idea.....

*based on caliper use. not sure if fan might move toward the frame/panel when spinning

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
hey guys i got a question for everyone: who here has the MSI 1080ti Gaming X Trio? someone here has 5mm of space to contend with

However, The main problem I think i will run into is because my current GPU is 325mm long (MSI 1080ti TRIO),which might or might not fit in the case regardless of the position. (Slinger website says it support up to 330mm gpu length)

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
I know that I said I was going to snag the Aorus Xtreme, but I couldn't resist the X399 Taichi for $300.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
hey guys i got a question for everyone: who here has the MSI 1080ti Gaming X Trio? someone here has 5mm of space to contend with

The inside walls from rear to from of the case are 330.17mm. Where does MSI measure their 325mm from?